Portsmouth v Newcastle - April Sat 12 @ 17:15

Skirge

TEAM NEWS

PFC: David James, Glen Johnson, Herman Hreidarsson, Sol Campbell ©, Sylvain Distin, Papa Bouba Diop, Sean Davis, Sulley Muntari, Niko Kranjcar, Nwanko Kanu, Jermain Defoe

Subs: Lauren, David Nugent, Richard Hughes, Pedro Mendes, Asmir Begovic

NUFC: Steve Harper, Habib Beye, Jose Enrique, Abdoulaye Faye, Steven Taylor, Nicky Butt, Geremi, Joey Barton, Oba Martins, Michael Owen ©, Mark Viduka

Subs: Fraser Forster, Damien Duff, Alan Smith, David Edgar, Andy Carroll

A bit gutted by that tbh. Was convinced he'd play some role today.

Maybe stating the obvious here but he has no role whilst we have a 433 formation.

Why's Duff on the bench instead of him then when they both play in the same position?

Maybe stating the obvious here but he has no role whilst we have a 433 formation.

Why's Duff on the bench instead of him then when they both play in the same position?

Duff is better.

Duff is better.

Bollocks.

Duff isn't great but at least he wants to be here

lads, we're gonna just have to face it, he's off, he's a cunt

Duff is more hard working and has played in a 433 formation before...? Maybe i dunno.

Zog is an out and out winger.

I think he'd be decent as a substitute for Owen or Martins if they get injured, perhaps even the best we've got. He has pace, tecnhique and is capable of scoring a goal. On our bench we have Smith and Carrol, who could both offer what Viduka offers (holding the ball up, only less well), but noone with pace to bring on. Also in midfield we only have Smith and Duff to bring on. I happen to think Zog would be a better bet in midfield than those two, even in a 3 man midfield.

I think he'd be decent as a substitute for Owen or Martins if they get injured, perhaps even the best we've got. He has pace, tecnhique and is capable of scoring a goal. On our bench we have Smith and Carrol, who could both offer what Viduka offers (holding the ball up, only less well), but noone with pace to bring on. Also in midfield we only have Smith and Duff to bring on. I happen to think Zog would be a better bet in midfield than those two, even in a 3 man midfield.

Zog has no football brain whats so ever. you need an end product. zog not even look up when he is running.

As much as I dislike Duff (and N'Zogbia is ten times the player Duff is), I'd rather have someone on the bench who's willing to do his bit than someone who's head is clearly turned. Oh well.

Duff is more hard working and has played in a 433 formation before...? Maybe i dunno.

Zog is an out and out winger.

Zog's put in some solid CM performances for us this season though, Duff hasn't.

And if you don't want him in the middle, bring him on for a striker and play him on a flank. Granted you could do the same with Duff but Zog's pace, delivery and ability to beat a man is just so much better than Duff atm.