Portsmouth v Newcastle - April Sat 12 @ 17:15

Skirge

Guest GAMMELL

hope baros not played... he's biggest threat :angry: c***

I sincerely hope your taking the piss there.

Baros is utter gash  :laugh:

This game has come at the best time, after a run of 3 wins! - I think its likely that Pompey will snatch a 2 - 1 from us this time (perhaps a game too tough to expect a win), however if the lads can keep this form improving then a win for us is not too unlikely either.  Will be excited to see if we can somehow make it 4 wins on the spin!

Owen has really stepped up to show he is a serious threat in the Premier League, 4 goals in last 4 games.  I'm sure Owen will score in this game to make it 5 in 5, just not sure we can prevent Pompey from scoring over 90 minutes, away from home.

no jokes brother! he seems get odd penalties & odd goals these days! he's gash but tricky.... don't want us get red... or penalties! defoe is just 1 dimentional striker... i am sure butt can manage him!

no jokes brother! he seems get odd penalties & odd goals these days! he's gash but tricky.... don't want us get red... or penalties! defoe is just 1 dimentional striker... i am sure butt can manage him!

That is the most wrong comment I've read during my short time on these boards. Well played.

Defoe has scored 8 in 7 games, whereas Baros has looked crap against Championship and lower Premiership opposition and spurned bagfuls of chances.

As for penalties I'm 95% certain that Defoe takes them for Pompey anyway.

Guest float one in

It depends on whether our midfielders can stop the service to Defoe I reckon. Don't know who they have in midfield apart from that Krankjar feller, but they can't have been playing much better than ours over the last few weeks. I'm backing Butt, Barton, Geremi and Owen to over run them in midfield and Martins to cause them problems with his pace and power. 3-1 to the Toon! Sold out as well, going to be a great atmosphere.

We are gonna give them a good game, but I think they will be literally too strong for us.  I actually won't feel to downhearted if we lose though.  I think we are due a loss and anything other than that will be a bonus.  Hopefully Portsmouth will be shite from now until the end of the season with their minds on other things.

Due a loss - based on what?  We are going to win the league next year :)

We have had 15 already in the league, is that not enough??!!!!!!  I see what you are saying tho based on form - before the last 4 games anyway.

Another win please.

Guest Blackandwhitearmy

Would be extremely happy with a draw against 6th in the league away from home.

and Defoe might be out, at his grandmothers funeral in the Caribbean ... missing tomorrows game, hopefully our one too ...

Hopefully he'll do a Flintoff and get cast out to sea on a pedalo.

Pompey have a very, very strong midfield - if Butt, Barton and co and keep Kranjcar and the like on a leash then we have a good chance. Their defence is strong as well but  also slow - Martins and maybe N'Zogbia will TERRIFY them.

I think it'll be a fascinating game. Going for a score draw.

Guest toonlass

------------------Harper

Beye-----Edgar---------Faye--------Enrique

-------------------Butt

------Geremi-------------------Barton

------------------Owen

----------Viduka--------Martins

3-0 to us - Viduka. Martins and Barton

Harper

Beye    Taylor  Faye  Enrique

Barton  Butt  N'Zogbia

Owen

Martins

Viduka

1-0 to the toon  :smitten: By a solitary Sylvain Distin own goal

1-1, 2-2, 3-3, or 2-1 to them. Can see us playing well but Portsmouth are a tough side and we're gonna get sussed eventually. :D

Btw Tsunami, see 'Ridzuan' for hints and tips. :thup:

pompey have perked up at home since the arrival of defoe plus 'arry will want to prove he made the right decision (even if the decision may not have been his),and not so long ago they want 9hrs? at home without scoring,even boro won there. will they have the end of season cruise mood going ? will we ?

should be an open game

That is the most wrong comment I've read during my short time on these boards. Well played.

Defoe has scored 8 in 7 games, whereas Baros has looked crap against Championship and lower Premiership opposition and spurned bagfuls of chances.

As for penalties I'm 95% certain that Defoe takes them for Pompey anyway.

i think you misunderstand me? ???

:rolleyes: seems to me you weren't watched pompey get goals :doh: