Edgar or Taylor?

Guest toonlass
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I agree with Dave. We pretty much know what Taylor can do. He's a strong lad but a bit of a camel. Edgar's got a bit more class about him and this is a good opportunity to test him out more.

"Are you enjoying life under Kevin Keegan?"

"Yeah, for sure, I've got a picture of him from when I was like 8 years old and he was the gaffer here and I came over for a holiday. It's crazy playing for him now, I'm just so happy"

David Edgar to World.

I'm not really that bothered which one of them plays though, Edgar looked decent yesterday, but Taylor has been good in the last month or so too.

I'd like to see Edgar get a run to see what he can do.

This. Looks a classier player from what I've seen of him and deserves a shot as Taylor hasn't exactly covered himself in glory this season.

Guest toonlass

edgar - based on what - jesus christ....

I have also seen him in the reserves - Edgar not Jesus Christ

Taylor anytime, Edgar is young and we should loan him out next season, he looked a bit shaky against Reading but did good overall, but i don't think having him starting every game will be a good idea, still needs experince and more games imo.

Taylor anytime, Edgar is young and we should loan him out next season, he looked a bit shaky against Reading but did good overall, but i don't think having him starting every game will be a good idea, still needs experince and more games imo.

Absolutely. Loan him out to someone like Derby next year would be fantastic.

Simple question. Edgar for me.

Have you even seen the game?

Edgar was fuking useless for the 1st 20mins, he could have cost us 5 goals easily, good job they were shit or we would have lost because of him.

Thought the crowd was excellent though, always back him up ans he grew into the game well enough in the 2nd half.

I know alot of people don't rate Taylor but i do.

I'm a firm believer in the defender is only as good as the rest of his team and lets face it, we've been shite up until recently. Someone like Faye has enough experiance and physical ability to stand out in a shite defence but Taylor has no chance. He's young and put pressure on him (like most youngsters) and he will fold like a pack of cards.

However, put him in a team playing well and not having to defend as much and you will see a mush more composed and confident footballer. But surely that's just disguising his real ability, i hear you cry? No it's not, i'd like to see how many goals Vidic and Ferdiand would have conceeded in our pre Birmingham era, the answer is loads.

My proposal is keep Taylor in the side when we are playing well and he can learn from the others around him, gain more experiance and become the player that his potential says he can. Edgars one for the future but if we can't rely on Taylor we certainly can't rely on Edgar at this stage of his career. We need to buy one more solid centre half to play alongside Faye next year, let Taylor be first back up and send Edgar out on loan.

Fuk me someone talking sense in an anit-Taylor thread.

:clap:

(PS: It will probably get you banned around here)

Guest Darth Toon

Well Taylor has over 70% of the vote so far, so there's obviously not that many people against him!

I'm a firm believer in the defender is only as good as the rest of his team and lets face it, we've been shite up until recently. Someone like Faye has enough experiance and physical ability to stand out in a shite defence but Taylor has no chance. He's young and put pressure on him (like most youngsters) and he will fold like a pack of cards.

However, put him in a team playing well and not having to defend as much and you will see a mush more composed and confident footballer. But surely that's just disguising his real ability, i hear you cry? No it's not, i'd like to see how many goals Vidic and Ferdiand would have conceeded in our pre Birmingham era, the answer is loads.

My proposal is keep Taylor in the side when we are playing well and he can learn from the others around him, gain more experiance and become the player that his potential says he can. Edgars one for the future but if we can't rely on Taylor we certainly can't rely on Edgar at this stage of his career. We need to buy one more solid centre half to play alongside Faye next year, let Taylor be first back up and send Edgar out on loan.

You mean they're talking sense because they agree with you?

I'd probably play Taylor assuming he's fit. He's the better player at the moment, and the better we do in these final few games the more momentum we will take into the close season. Would like to see Edgar getting involved from the bench as much as possible mind (i.e. when games are over).

Taylor has been pretty good in the past few games imo and overall, not had as bad a season as some make out. earlier in the campaign he was carrying Rozehnal, even though everyone (wrongly) thought the czech was the dog's bollocks.

give Edgar a season in the side and i'm sure he can be just as loathed as Taylor is.

You mean they're talking sense because they agree with you?

and what do you disagree with?

Come the age of 28/29 Taylor will be an England regular and a very good defender. I'd be willing to wager that and i'm not a betting man.

I remember a day when Carragher was an average youngster that couldn't quite get into the Liverpool side or Upson who wasn't good enough to stay at Arsenal.

Both would be in the England squad, they have become good players with experiance. I believe Taylor will do the same, certainly no write off.

I remember a day when Carragher was an average youngster that couldn't quite get into the Liverpool side or Upson who wasn't good enough to stay at Arsenal.

Both would be in the England squad, they have become good players with experiance. I believe Taylor will do the same, certainly no write off.

He made his debut about 3 months before the end of a season, and played quite a few games. The season straight after that he was a regular starter. I have no idea what time period you're actually talking about.

People always say shit like that. It's a bit like saying Sam Allardyce should have been given time because Fergie took 5 years to win a trophy at Man Utd. I actually agree with a lot of what you said in the previous post but there's one problem with - When people say Taylor is going to this, that or the other - however convincing those arguments / mitigating circumstances put forward are. There always seems to be a common theme. People don't say Taylor has the potential to be this because he's good at X,Y and Z. It's always a catalogue of excuses as to why he hasn't performed.

He made his debut about 3 months before the end of a season, and played quite a few games. The season straight after that he was a regular starter. I have no idea what time period you're actually talking about.

He was playing right back FFS. Hardly a convincing start to his career. My point is that he wasn't anywhere near the player he is now and why's that? Experiance, whilst playing in a good side.

He was playing right back FFS. Hardly a convincing start to his career. My point is that he wasn't anywhere near the player he is now and why's that? Experiance, whilst playing in a good side.

Are you saying Taylor lacks experience? Because he's made over 100 competitive starts.