50 stitches for Petr Cech in freak training ground accident

Jamie

Guest guinness_fiend

It's not really a laughing matter, is it fellas?  C'mon now.  He has been really unlucky and fair play to him for getting on with it.

(keep in mind that it only takes a mild drop in temperature for Given to call in sick nowadays)

Just seen the press conference with Grant. Not sure whether there was anything sinister in the incident because he is just impossible to read. Didnt want to talk about it but I dont know whetehr thats just because it was a run of the mill training thing or whether he doesnt want to start anything because it could come out and blow up.

Guy needs some kind of a personality

Hmm, tiny bit harsh calling him a w****** for not wanting to suffer brain damage.

:lol: :lol: :lol: Thats the funniest thing I've ever read. :lol:

Hmm, tiny bit harsh calling him a w****** for not wanting to suffer brain damage.

:lol: :lol: :lol: Thats the funniest thing I've ever read. :lol:

Why so?

He wears the headguard because he's been told that any future injury to his skull could result in fracture and brain damage. The headguard gives him that protection, as well as extra confidence.

You find it funny that doctors have advised that he protects himself?

EDIT: Am I being whooshed here?

I thought you were whooshing me. :laugh:

So why is his head so fragile still? Seems a bit like overkill to me.

He's been told to wear it for 3 years. I guess the damage was so bad that his skull has "thinned" in that area (I knew the technical term for that before) and will take that amount of time to rebuild fully.

Meh, I only wanted to know why you thought he was a wanker ;)