An Injury to [Insert Player's name] will we be IMPACTED most?

Ericz

I'm happy that the club is doing fantastic for the past few matches (especially with the wins, honestly which Newcastle fan isn't). Certainly, I'm not jinxing the club here but this thread/discussion here will perhaps allow us to observe/assess (hopefully) what are the priorities for player purchases next season.

So, according to the recent lineups, an injury to which player will probably change/effect the flow of our game?

I think it's Mark Viduka. (I may be wrong, it's just an opinion because I don't see anybody who can replace him at the present moment)

He's an intelligent player, holds the ball up well and fantastic for us whenever he plays.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Results: (till reply #48)

Steve Harper

Faye

Beye

Jose Enrique      

Nicky Butt

Michael Owen ©

Mark Viduka   

Obafemi Martins  

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Regards,

Ericz

Beye coz if we bought Carr back in we would fall apart

Carr would do ok in the current side iyam. Not as good as Beye and not a player we want to hang onto either by any means though. He's one of the 'OMG he's da shittest player eva' brigade though, it would seem.

It's a shame the V-Bomber is getting on already and we've only had him a year. It's been no coincidence that when he's been fit, we have picked up points.

He won't be an easy player to replace at any price. Why he wasn't gotten in a couple of years back I have no idea.

Owen - He is the link between midfield and the strikers at the moment and rarely gives the ball away. He has some good creativity and although Dukes has played the holding role exceptionally well in the past few games, Owen would be a greater loss as we'd have to change our entire system.

I'd say Martins. His pace and ability to split open defences up is something most other players in the side lack.

Then again, I think we're in good enough form to suggest that if one player was out, we could probably cope without them.

I'd say Martins. His pace and ability to split open defences up is something most other players in the side lack.

Then again, I think we're in good enough form to suggest that if one player was out, we could probably cope without them.

Thing is though, if we lose either Owen or Martins we can just about get away with playing Duff, N'Zogbia or Milner there. Lose Viduka, and we're stuck with Smith, or gambling on Carroll.

Thing is though, if we lose either Owen or Martins we can just about get away with playing Duff, N'Zogbia or Milner there. Lose Viduka, and we're stuck with Smith, or gambling on Carroll.

I reckon we could handle life without Viduka.

Yes he has a hell of a touch and ability to hold up the ball and get things rolling but without Martins, we have zero pace upfront and we don't look as threatening as we do with him in the side.

We could even adapt the formation so we didn't need Smith or Carroll in the side, just play with Martins and Owen up top.

Without Owens goals and Martin's ability to run at people, we simply don't look like the attacking outfit - and I think replacing them with Milner, N'Zogbia or Duff would probably have a worse effect to replacing an injured Viduka with Smith or Carroll or just playing 4-4-2

I dont hink its coincidence that our improvemn as a teamhas occured when Martins was in the team agaisnt Birmingham, i think he's very important because he provdis a decent outlet and applies pressure on the opposition defence like no one else.

Owend Viduka can easily be marked out the game wen th pressure is on us, but with Martins in the side not only does he come deep, makng it dfficul to mark, but he can apply the pressure on the defence stright away, unlike any other of our players. This is vital to the team.