Senderos Vs Taylor

Dokko
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

He seemed today to put the "play it safe" far too literally. There was at least 3-4 times today where he had time to clear up field, but pretty unnecessarily headed/booted out for a throw-in. Thought he was very lucky to avoid a red-card as well given he could have easily received one for the penalty, and the yellow he did receive was just daft.

I thought he had a good game today apart from the handball where he got a yellow card which was just stupid.

Also turns out that he played Nolan onside for that header late on. Should have been pushed up much further.

Guest hikickry

i can see taylor becoming a lot better next to colo. Senderos is distinctly average imo, and in no way a standout better defender. thats bullsh!t

Taylor man, honestly. Did anyone see just into the second half where he had the chance to control and pass on the edge of his own area but he chose to slide and knock it into touch instead to add some drama?

tosser tbh

He can't win. He gets knocked for overdoing it and knocked for being no nonsense. The penalty and dilly dally moment aside, he put in a flawless display. Very good in the air, no nonsense defending, decent distribution, solid. The actual handball for my money having seen a replay, looks to be accidental. He saved a goal bound shot as he did several times during the game. I want to see that from a defender.

If that becomes his game, no nonsense, he will commit fewer mistakes over the course of a campaign and with it become more consistent. He isn't going to be a world beater and never was, all I want is a consistent solid performer which since KK took over, he has been.

Of course he's made mistakes, but all players do. Martins made one today when he missed his header, Owen did as well missing an easy header. The key is making sure those mistakes don't cost you.

flawless my arse, those two incidents were no small incidents, they were examples of grade A pathetic defending. His positioning a good few times, a very poor header in injury time and the dramatic moment I mentioned are other examples.

Credit where it's due, he was very good last sunday and I was very impressed, but today he had another game he looked a poor, unreliable defender

Yet Collocini looked class last week according to you, despite giving away needless fouls close to our box and looking decidedly shaky at the start? Lets face it you have a hard on for Taylor for some reason and can't seem to analyse anything he does without your obvious negative bias effecting your thoughts. He was flawless today outside of those two moments, near enough anyway if we are to accept that all footballers regardless of position and quality make mistakes or don't always do something expertly 100% of the time all the time which is the high standards you and other critics use as a guide in judging Taylor and other players who seem to get stick.

The first hand ball was ball hitting hand, the second, the one that resulted in a penalty was unfortunate, it wasn't ball hitting hand or even hand hitting ball, just a defender desperately trying to block a goalbound shot in the space of milliseconds, which is what he gets paid to do, shut out the opposition by hook or by crook. When Terry does it he's great, when Taylor does it he's showing off, trying to be macho man, playing to the crowd. f*** off man. This is getting ridiculous the stick he gets.

Anyway for me the handball was accidental and unfortunate. The only outstanding piece of poor play outside of that moment was when he got dispossessed. That needs cut out I agree and it does him no favours, but I'm trying or would rather look at the full picture and assessing his performance today I'd say 90% of it was positive and has been since KK took over.

That'll do for me because I'm pretty confident no player can be 100% perfect in every single way in any match never mind every match.

I didn't say Coloccini was 'class' last week. I said he looked classy, big difference tbh

I don't have it in for Taylor, in fact I spent a good while defending him in last week's game thread tbh. I'd love him to turn out a good solid defender, I really would, but time and time again he looks vulnerable when he shouldn't.

He never looked vulnerable to me today, he looked the opposite save a few mad minutes which to be fair could have happened to any player.

Usually agree with you but not this time. It's crazy if you think that it's acceptable for a defender to play well for 80-85 odd minutes and just make one or two mistakes. As a defender, especially a CB you can't afford to make one or two mistakes per game because in all probability, these moment of madness will result in goals conceeded (same goes with keeper). Your comparison of Taylor with Martins or any other striker for that matter is just silly, a striker making a mistake does not usually cost his team the game, as there will be likely more chances coming his way. No striker has 100% convertion rate. A striker is paid to do the extraordinary (whilst putting in the tap ins that comes his way of course), wehreas a defender is paid to be unspectacular....i.e. consistent (nothing special) but no fuck ups.

That's the problem with Taylor, he can play well for the most part of a game (and he played decent enough against Bolton), but those moment of stupidity nearly cost us and in other games they will. No idea how you can say it wasn't a penalty, his hand moved towards the ball. As for blocking the goalbound effirt that came immediately afterwards, yes Terry and Carragher do that too, but they block without flailing arms, something that Taylor just can't control. It's like his arms are independent of his brain!       

Bramble was castigated no end (fairly in my opinion) for the fuck ups despite playing well during the other 85 minutes of the game. Don't see why it should be different for Taylor.

Guest hikickry

Taylor man, honestly. Did anyone see just into the second half where he had the chance to control and pass on the edge of his own area but he chose to slide and knock it into touch instead to add some drama?

tosser tbh

He can't win. He gets knocked for overdoing it and knocked for being no nonsense. The penalty and dilly dally moment aside, he put in a flawless display. Very good in the air, no nonsense defending, decent distribution, solid. The actual handball for my money having seen a replay, looks to be accidental. He saved a goal bound shot as he did several times during the game. I want to see that from a defender.

If that becomes his game, no nonsense, he will commit fewer mistakes over the course of a campaign and with it become more consistent. He isn't going to be a world beater and never was, all I want is a consistent solid performer which since KK took over, he has been.

Of course he's made mistakes, but all players do. Martins made one today when he missed his header, Owen did as well missing an easy header. The key is making sure those mistakes don't cost you.

flawless my arse, those two incidents were no small incidents, they were examples of grade A pathetic defending. His positioning a good few times, a very poor header in injury time and the dramatic moment I mentioned are other examples.

Credit where it's due, he was very good last sunday and I was very impressed, but today he had another game he looked a poor, unreliable defender

Yet Collocini looked class last week according to you, despite giving away needless fouls close to our box and looking decidedly shaky at the start? Lets face it you have a hard on for Taylor for some reason and can't seem to analyse anything he does without your obvious negative bias effecting your thoughts. He was flawless today outside of those two moments, near enough anyway if we are to accept that all footballers regardless of position and quality make mistakes or don't always do something expertly 100% of the time all the time which is the high standards you and other critics use as a guide in judging Taylor and other players who seem to get stick.

The first hand ball was ball hitting hand, the second, the one that resulted in a penalty was unfortunate, it wasn't ball hitting hand or even hand hitting ball, just a defender desperately trying to block a goalbound shot in the space of milliseconds, which is what he gets paid to do, shut out the opposition by hook or by crook. When Terry does it he's great, when Taylor does it he's showing off, trying to be macho man, playing to the crowd. f*** off man. This is getting ridiculous the stick he gets.

Anyway for me the handball was accidental and unfortunate. The only outstanding piece of poor play outside of that moment was when he got dispossessed. That needs cut out I agree and it does him no favours, but I'm trying or would rather look at the full picture and assessing his performance today I'd say 90% of it was positive and has been since KK took over.

That'll do for me because I'm pretty confident no player can be 100% perfect in every single way in any match never mind every match.

I didn't say Coloccini was 'class' last week. I said he looked classy, big difference tbh

I don't have it in for Taylor, in fact I spent a good while defending him in last week's game thread tbh. I'd love him to turn out a good solid defender, I really would, but time and time again he looks vulnerable when he shouldn't.

He never looked vulnerable to me today, he looked the opposite save a few mad minutes which to be fair could have happened to any player.

Usually agree with you but not this time. It's crazy if you think that it's acceptable for a defender to play well for 80-85 odd minutes and just make one or two mistakes. As a defender, especially a CB you can't afford to make one or two mistakes per game because in all probability, these moment of madness will result in goals conceeded (same goes with keeper). Your comparison of Taylor with Martins or any other striker for that matter is just silly, a striker making a mistake does not usually cost his team the game, as there will be likely more chances coming his way. No striker has 100% convertion rate. A striker is paid to do the extraordinary (whilst putting in the tap ins that comes his way of course), wehreas a defender is paid to be unspectacular....i.e. consistent (nothing special) but no f*** ups.

That's the problem with Taylor, he can play well for the most part of a game (and he played decent enough against Bolton), but those moment of stupidity nearly cost us and in other games they will. No idea how you can say it wasn't a penalty, his hand moved towards the ball. As for blocking the goalbound effirt that came immediately afterwards, yes Terry and Carragher do that too, but they block without flailing arms, something that Taylor just can't control. It's like his arms are independent of his brain!         

Bramble was castigated no end (fairly in my opinion) for the f*** ups despite playing well during the other 85 minutes of the game. Don't see why it should be different for Taylor.

i agree with you, defenders mistakes can cost the match, thats exactly why we shouldnt go for senderos. not really an improvement imo.

He seemed today to put the "play it safe" far too literally. There was at least 3-4 times today where he had time to clear up field, but pretty unnecessarily headed/booted out for a throw-in. Thought he was very lucky to avoid a red-card as well given he could have easily received one for the penalty, and the yellow he did receive was just daft.

I actually saw Nicky Butt give him a right telling off for that. After the 4th time of doing it Butt ran up to him and shouted "every fucking time".

Good to see those little snippets of leadership come through.

tosser tbh

Usually agree with you but not this time. It's crazy if you think that it's acceptable for a defender to play well for 80-85 odd minutes and just make one or two mistakes. As a defender, especially a CB you can't afford to make one or two mistakes per game because in all probability, these moment of madness will result in goals conceeded (same goes with keeper). Your comparison of Taylor with Martins or any other striker for that matter is just silly, a striker making a mistake does not usually cost his team the game, as there will be likely more chances coming his way. No striker has 100% convertion rate. A striker is paid to do the extraordinary (whilst putting in the tap ins that comes his way of course), wehreas a defender is paid to be unspectacular....i.e. consistent (nothing special) but no f*** ups.

Bramble was castigated no end (fairly in my opinion) for the f*** ups despite playing well during the other 85 minutes of the game. Don't see why it should be different for Taylor.

i agree with you, defenders mistakes can cost the match, thats exactly why we shouldnt go for senderos. not really an improvement imo.

I agree with you, Chosing between Taylor and Sanderos is like shooting your head through your right ear or shooting your head through your left ear.  For that reason, I hope we don't go for Sanderos. Imagine if Colo gets injured, we'll have a CB partnership of Taylor and Sanderos  :frantic:

jesus, there isn't a defender in the game that doesn't make mistakes at some point over the 90

comes down to frequency of mistake and, more importantly, where mistakes are made; bramble was a disgrace because his mistakes almost always led to a goal due to the areas he was fucking up in

colo, for example against manu, in the first minute wiped someone out right on the edge of our box and i said to myself "here we go again", then a short time later he made another cunt of something in a very dangerous area

since then over the 2 games he's barely put a foot wrong, nor does he look like doing so

taylors all round play already looks to be improving but it doesn't matter if he plays 89 minutes of the finest football the world has ever seen if he can't cut mistakes out that are going to cost the team due to where they're committed...it's why the italians (& argies) make great defenders because they're told where and where not to commit free kicks

I know a lot will disagree but I think Taylor has all the attributes to be a good defender. Everything he falls down on is stupid mistakes that I really feel could be coached out of his game. Its up to him really, he does seem to have that "already made it" thing about him so maybe he just refuses to listen when people try and teach him.

Guest hikickry

I know a lot will disagree but I think Taylor has all the attributes to be a good defender. Everything he falls down on is stupid mistakes that I really feel could be coached out of his game. Its up to him really, he does seem to have that "already made it" thing about him so maybe he just refuses to listen when people try and teach him.

yep, i agree with that. of course he needs to learn, people dont seem to be able to give him the time. he is still a bright prospect, no? :thup:

fair point that, maybe coming through among the likes of dyer, bramble and the other wankers has rubbed off on him

hope not 'cause i agree with your first statement and always have done

Guest hikickry

He is still young but has a fair bit of experience, you would have hoped he would have learnt from some of his mistakes by now.

yes, but he hasnt had someone of colos class next to him. i think he will improve as part of that partnership. i can imagine its hard to learn when the rest of the defense is putting in shocking performances, as we have seen before. i understand what you are saying though; he still has that daft streak in him. this is the season in which i will judge him, he hasnt really got any excuses this year.

Guest hikickry

Having a medical at Milan tomorrow.

i cant for the life of me, understand what they are thinking. Is it because he is coming from arsenal that they think he must be quality. Anyway, im glad its them who is getting him

:razz:

Having a medical at Milan tomorrow.

i cant for the life of me, understand what they are thinking. Is it because he is coming from arsenal that they think he must be quality. Anyway, im glad its them who is getting him

:razz:

Probably because he was class against Milan at the San Siro last season they havent seen him the rest of the time