PFA Player of the Year

Mowen

Guest Knightrider

Rooney has been quietly brilliant at times this season so should be on the list in my opinion. For all of Ronaldo's brilliance, Rooney's the main driving force for most of Man Utd's attacking play and they are a different animal when he's playing and on form. His maturity has impressed me a great deal and he's a joy to watch. Top player.

Quite sad that there aren't many top performers that are English.

Rooney has been quietly brilliant at times this season so should be on the list in my opinion. For all of Ronaldo's brilliance, Rooney's the main driving force for most of Man Utd's attacking play and they are a different animal when he's playing and on form. His maturity has impressed me a great deal and he's a joy to watch. Top player.

Quite sad that there aren't many top performers that are English.

Totally agree.

Rooney's just been quietly getting on with things, yet has been outstanding.

Ferdinand should be in there

Ronaldo should be the only choice

There's something that doesn't quite add up here......

I mean Ferdinand should be on the list but there is obviously one man who deserves to win

I find it amusing how we can be consistently spanked by Gerrard every time we play Liverpool, yet our fans still severely underrate him.

Not at all. I think that on his day he's the best in the world at what he does. What really pisses me off (and the biggest example came the other night, when even he admitted he had a poor game, the papers gave him man of the match) is that even when he's not on form, the media all wank over him.

He's been awful for England for the best part of two years, yet there's not one negative comment about him.

Ferdinand should be in there

Ronaldo should be the only choice

There's something that doesn't quite add up here......

I mean Ferdinand should be on the list but there is obviously one man who deserves to win

I find it amusing how we can be consistently spanked by Gerrard every time we play Liverpool, yet our fans still severely underrate him.

Not at all. I think that on his day he's the best in the world at what he does. What really pisses me off (and the biggest example came the other night, when even he admitted he had a poor game, the papers gave him man of the match) is that even when he's not on form, the media all w*** over him.

He's been awful for England for the best part of two years, yet there's not one negative comment about him.

Agree that is the worst part

and it doesnt take a great player to spank our team this season

Guest Knightrider

I'll tell you who else I think has performed very well this season, Mascherano. He's been outstanding in the many games I've seen of Liverpool, often overshadowing the likes of Gerrard and Torres in terms of general play, he's really come to the fore as the top defensive midfielder in our league and perhaps Europe since joining the Reds in my opinion. If I were a LFC fan, he'd be my player of the year for them based on what I've seen, he's been outstanding and considering his position, he's a really underrated passer of the ball I feel and his footballing brain is quite sharp too.

Who'd be your choice if you were to exclude players from "the big four"?

David James is a good shout I reckon, but who else?

Yakubu? His team is fifth and he's scored 19 goals so far.

I think James is the only option tbh. Everyone outside the top four has been inconsistent.

Barry, Agbonlahor.

Both have been cack for over a month though, you only have to look at the results and Brummie's comments to see that. Not saying they've had bad seasons overall like.

I'll tell you who else I think has performed very well this season, Mascherano. He's been outstanding in the many games I've seen of Liverpool, often overshadowing the likes of Gerrard and Torres in terms of general play, he's really come to the fore as the top defensive midfielder in our league and perhaps Europe since joining the Reds in my opinion. If I were a LFC fan, he'd be my player of the year for them based on what I've seen, he's been outstanding and considering his position, he's a really underrated passer of the ball I feel and his footballing brain is quite sharp too.

Good shout, but that would mean taking Gerrard off the list, which is against the law.

Why is Rio Ferdinand not on it? He's been the best defender in the league this season.

I don't think Gerrard should be there this year.

Correct.

I would have Torres ahead of Gerrard as well,considering his first season in the pl hes being unreal

Why is Rio Ferdinand not on it? He's been the best defender in the league this season.

I don't think Gerrard should be there this year.

Correct.

I would have Torres ahead of Gerrard as well,considering his first season in the pl hes being unreal

Torres isn't there because when the votes were cast, partly thanks to Rafa's rotation policy, he'd scored less league goals than the likes of Adabayor, Yakubu and Robbie Keane.

Barry, Agbonlahor.

Both have been cack for over a month though, you only have to look at the results and Brummie's comments to see that. Not saying they've had bad seasons overall like.

Barry scored two and set up 2 last week, and Agbonlahors finish was class....

Barry, Agbonlahor.

Barry scored two and set up 2 last week, and Agbonlahors finish was class....

And?

Huh, what problem? I knew when I made that post that they'd had a good game. That was probably why they were even mentioned in the first place. All I'm saying is that the results and Brummie's comments have suggested they've not been great all season, which is the subject at hand.

Barry was great until about Christmas, but anonymous since, right up until last week, when he was superb.

Gabby has been rubbish since the Wigan game just after christmas, again, until last week.

You won't find a Villa fan who'll disagree with that.