Roy Keane - hard man ?

Benwell Lad

I hate Roy Keane, lousy country-abandoning cunt that he is, as much as anyone.

I reckon he'd absolutely batter Shearer in a fight though, he was a very good boxer in his youth apparently. Definitely had a cowardly way of acting about him, doesn't make him soft when it comes down to it though.

I've no idea what being a hard man is supposed to constitute though.

If Keane had of attacked Shearer, which I don't think he would have myself, despite his theatrics, after all it would have been quite easy for him to shrug off Beckham and Neville to get to Shearer who was standing there all alone, waiting, I think Shearer would have taken it on the chin. Keane is a coward and mainly all mouth though, all bark no bite.

The game against Madrid when he came up against a true great midfielder in Redondo was a typical example of Keane's bark being worse than his bite. IIRC Redondo took the ball past Keane with ease as he did many times that game, was tagged by Keane, and as usual went down for the free kick which he got. Keane started mouthing off at Redondo from a distance, to which Redondo got up, chased Keane down, and squared up to him, putting his face right in Keane's in a "yeah? and what mofo" way. Keane's only reaction was to laugh nervously and walk away, because although he doesnt look a mean fucker, Redondo was bigger than him and well built.

IMO Keane is a psycho who can lose his rag easily, and that will scare plenty of people who dont want to fight, but he's no hard man. If Duncan Ferguson had injured him all those years ago, you can be sure that revenge would never have been within a 100 miles of entering Keane's thoughts.

Aye, Keane is more unhinged than hard.

Keane's too emotional to be "hard" (good in a fight?), the people with no fear and controlled aggression normally come out on top, gives clarity of thought and allows concentration of beating your apponent, bit of natural ability doesn't go amiss either...

Guest f***thepress

Big southern irish jessie imo :  ) David Batty , small and f  in unhinged wouldve chinned Keane Shearer and Lesaux all at once !

You have to admit...Lennon is one of those footballers who doesn't get any sympathy from anyone when he get's kicked full on in the face. Even the authorities thought "He had it comin' , the ginger cuunt" before filing another case into the "fouls on rusty barstards" cupboard...

Big southern irish jessie imo :  ) David Batty , small and f  in unhinged wouldve chinned Keane Shearer and Lesaux all at once !

Batty is the toughest man I've ever seen on a (professional) football field.

It was a very astute move by Keegan to have a player like Batty alongside the extremely skillful players he filled his team with just as he did with Bracewell before him.

That's not to say they couldn't play a bit as well.

Didn't Shearer kill Keith Gillespie, such that the Keith Gillespie we see today isn't Keith Gillespie, just like Paul McCartney isn't Paul McCartney?

:lol:

Had never heard  that twist on the old tale before!

Guest Phil K

I hate Roy Keane, lousy country-abandoning c*** that he is, as much as anyone.

I reckon he'd absolutely batter Shearer in a fight though, he was a very good boxer in his youth apparently.

Don't talk sh*te. A good big 'un will always twonk a good medium size 'un.

Shearer would have eaten Keane alive.

q; Why has Lennon got ginger hair?

a; So you know where to kick the little ginger c***

Oh, excellent.

I'd want to boot him in the teeth, though - Shearer missed, and has regretted it ever since  ;D :pow:

Guest marky555

Keanes a puff, swung for Shearer and missed. If you really want to punch someone, on a football pitch must be one of the easiest places, especially in the Premiership.

If Roy Keane wanted to smack Shearer he could have, I honestly think he missed on purpose.

• 6 months later...