Memories Of Derby Day

Kev

Saying as its coming up to the big match next week, thought i would spice it up with a thread

Whats all your memories of derby day ? inc pictures if you wish to do so.

As im only pretty young, my main memories of derby day of being there is the 3-2. went wild when emre scored that free kick!

Maybe this seasons 1-1 for memories, all because of my hectic first half in the Sunderland end  :thdn:

http://img338.imageshack.us/img338/1466/milnerrdt4.jpg

http://img136.imageshack.us/img136/8030/newcastlesunderlandemresh4.jpg

The ones I remember most were away games and it was mainly the whole day, going to the pub at 6am so we could get pissed then getting the train down to Seaburn and walking down to the ground an hours before kick-off.  Joker was a good day out apart from trying to get down the steps after the game, the mackems always came around to the away end after the game but always legged it.

Chopra's celebration when he made it 1-1.

the 6-7min spell where we got the 3 goals in that game left me exhausted, after a season of nothing much i think i over did it on the celebrating!!

First game at St.James for me at Sunday, i hope i will find Jesus.

Really? Your first home game is against the mackems?

This going to be one of the most memorable days of your life!

Scott Sellars free-kick. We had been top of the league all season and had just been nudged down to 2nd for the first (and only) time for 24 hours, by Portsmouth.

Needed to win to go back up top and the free-kick, to win the game as well, made it a magic day.

.... and of course being there as O'brien smacked that free kickin earlier in the season. Best away match I have ever been to

Play off defeat was the worst derby match I have been to

i hope never to have a derby day like my very first. 1-4

rowell hat trick, connelly for us, don't think entwhistle got the other (off the top of my head-so he probably did)

Rowell hatrick the other by Entwhistle?

rowell hat trick, connelly for us, don't think entwhistle got the other (off the top of my head-so he probably did)

Entwhistle did get the other, I'll never forget the fact that he scored because we were friends and the b****** made sure I never heard the last of it.

Guest BooBoo

At the Joker Park "Liam O Brien over the wall" game, just before the teams came out, a Toon top clad fan wriggled out of the away end with a ball and started running down to the Fulwell end. The mackems were booing and the Geordies were cheering him on. He eventually got to the goal and lashed the ball in. Cue chants of "1-0" from the away end. I think even the mackems found the funny side. Even funnier, we went on to win 2-1.  ;D

Guest Jungle Barry

Chopra's celebration when he made it 1-1.

the 6-7min spell where we got the 3 goals in that game left me exhausted, after a season of nothing much i think i over did it on the celebrating!!

Same here, thought i was going to have a brain haemorrage when the penalty went in. Broke my toe in the aftermath as well, brilliant day that

O'Brien over the wall.

Stood in the Roker End at the 'no way fans' match. Eerie silence descended twice. Somehow managed to hold the urge to go "GET THE FUCK IN"and jump around like a loony.

The 1-4 was a cracking day out.

The early morning piss ups. 7-30am start next Sunday.