Memories Of Derby Day

Kev

Sat in the Clock Stand with my then Fiancee (a mackem) telling her that he is going to score, the he was O'Brien, the score was 2-1 and I couldn't do anything but sit on my hands.

Also remember a game where we battered them at Roker only for Stan Cummins to score. We were in the main stand paddock nearest the Fulwell and I swear it must have been 1/3 full of Mags.

My best mate is a Mackem and we stood together in the Gallowgate for the Play Off semi final. He left at half time as he couldn't bear not being able to shout. I stood beside him as Tony Cascarino put them into the 3rd Division - I managed to stay the whole match.

I was in the Clock Stand and loved it.

Sat in the Clock Stand with my then Fiancee (a mackem) telling her that he is going to score, the he was O'Brien, the score was 2-1 and I couldn't do anything but sit on my hands.

Also remember a game where we battered them at Roker only for Stan Cummins to score. We were in the main stand paddock nearest the Fulwell and I swear it must have been 1/3 full of Mags.

My best mate is a Mackem and we stood together in the Gallowgate for the Play Off semi final. He left at half time as he couldn't bear not being able to shout. I stood beside him as Tony Cascarino put them into the 3rd Division - I managed to stay the whole match.

I was in the Fulwell, they all thought Shaun Elliott was going to save them...............................

Was also in Clock Stand with my mate from Sunderland (and his friends).  Tremendous feeling watching the despare all around me.

http://i674.photobucket.com/albums/vv108/centerpaddock82/obrienme.jpg

I remember being stuck in a white bubble when Liam O scored over the wall.

Looks more like a moon boot funnily enough. :lol:

oh yeah :lol:

a prophetic moon boot.

I couldn't have been more than 10-15 yards behind you there mate. :thup:

great games they were, got in for £5 without a ticket. How we used to take the piss out the mackems. :thup: :laugh:

i'm up and to the left, can't see myself though.

did you have a super Mario tash? I can see one that looks like you with a tash. :sadnod:

great games they were, got in for £5 without a ticket. How we used to take the piss out the mackems. :thup: :laugh:

in a way thats why a win on sunday would be better than normal as until very recently they'd come up full of bravado but really just hoping they didn't get a spanking, they'd take defeat providing they avoided humiliation.

I'm on the right about 5 yards away from cp40, greatday but plenty of bother after it, bricks thrown at us with coppers standing watching it happen

did you have a super Mario tash? I can see one that looks like you with a tash. :sadnod:

never had a tache until, well this last couple of weeks to go with the beard.

I'm on the right about 5 yards away from cp40, greatday but plenty of bother after it, bricks thrown at us with coppers standing watching it happen

yeah,but the bricks were hitting cars of Sunderland residents,.. :laugh:

Peter Beardsley's Hat-Trick on New years Day

Not sure its my favourite but is right up their being my first. Have seen the lows too, being dragged away from SJP with the pitch still 'invaded' for fear of further trouble as a 13 year-old and the sodden sodding rain games.

Have to say the 7 minutes of magic have to be the best though.

One of my favourite memories was the pre-match atmosphere in Sam Jacks before the 2-1 defeat two years ago. They do a great job of whipping you into a frenzy and the place was crazy by kick off. I look forward to the same this Sunday.

Only attended one in person though and that was the 3-2 Shola Show.

Was also in Clock Stand with my mate from Sunderland (and his friends).  Tremendous feeling watching the despare all around me.

Were you in the Sunderland end or the Newcastle end?  I was a bit surprised when I came around the back of the Fulwell and saw that we had a turnstile open only for Newcastle fans and the queue was massive.  I was in the section right next to the Roker, the mackems in the next section to us were going mental at us.  I was standing next to a bloke who had a young kid on his shoulders, the kid must have been no more than 4 or 5 years old but the bloke wanted him to go so that he could tell his own kids about it.  :lol:

I was right at the back that day and was one of the first out after the gates were kicked open, the mackems threw bricks at us and a few of us (probably 1 or 2 hundred) went after them and they legged it.