Newcastle United 2 - 0 Mackems - 20/04/08 - Post match reaction from page 13

James

Is that 10 for Owen now?

10 in the league, 12 for the season

Thought so. The Sky commentators are making all sorts of mistakes. Said it was Owen's sixth of the season and kept calling Geremi "Beye" in the first 15 minutes.

think we'll see a more flowing game, and more counter-attacks 2nd half, if mackems go 4-4-2. people have said we havent passed it about great but they have packed midfield, and with it being a derby game, there's not likely to be much time or space on the ball, or free players to pass to.

Gereme weakest link, Viduka not quite there,would be nice to see Martins score as he's played really well so far

Geremi and Viduka dont look like they have the legs to be starting regularly. Would be the first players who need to be replaced in the summer for me - not sold, just replaced in the first team.

Is that 10 for Owen now?

10 in the league, 12 for the season

Thought so. The Sky commentators are making all sorts of mistakes. Said it was Owen's sixth of the season and kept calling Geremi "Beye" in the first 15 minutes.

I think the 6th goal reference was the number of goals he's scored with his head, which without actually checking, sounds plausible.

Always amazes me how Owen, at 5'8 manages to always get the headers ahead of even the tallest defenders.  :smitten:

it's all about the work he does before connecting with the ball. the finishing itself isn't great, as we saw with the pen, but the movement, anticipation and positioning is world class.

Sunderland are doing a good job closing us down, but you feel they'll run out of legs and when the game stretches were going to pounce.

:thup:

we're barely getting out of our own half since HT but i think we'll hit them on the counter attack before long.