KK

Guest Knightrider

Guest Knightrider

He's a bit special eh  :smitten:

Hope those who were giving him stick earlier on choke on their ale tonight celebrating our fine form and win over the mackems.

While I'm on the subject of the manager, I'd like to thank him for restoring some lost faith and respect which I now have once more for a number of our players which considering my past contempt, dislike and total lack of respect for them is probably his biggest success thus far since taking over. A few weeks ago they could have all burnt in hell for all I cared. A major injury to most of them wouldn't have had me shedding any tears. Today though all is forgiving. As the man himself said post-match, they've won us over. Well me anyway and judging by the reaction on the stands, most of us too.

:thup:

my faith has never waivered, ive been telling people for 10 years he has unfinished business here,

in the early 80s, people like me were ridiculed and called keegan boys, cos we started supporting in 82 when he signed,

well im a keegan boy and proud, i love the bloke

Hope those who were giving him stick earlier on choke on their ale tonight celebrating our fine form and win over the mackems.

You really are a prallock aren't you? :lol:

Anyone who didn't have any reservations after 9 games without a win are liars or loonies, and even if they did have faith in him turning it round, can't look down on people who weren't convinced. He's won me round, but only because he's pulled out a formation nobody would have came out with...and who'd seriously have thought after the Villa drubbing we'd be sitting here now enjoying a 4-3-3 formation and looking at a top 10 finish.

Guest Knightrider

I don't mind being a cock in this instance then. People ought to have held firm and been more supportive, even if they did have genuine concerns, which I did myself btw, although I was never in any doubt. People should know with KK not to write him off much less piss and moan because we weren't showing title winning form from the off, not given what he's achieved here and what he means to us all.

Anyway that's by the by.

PS I'm not looking down fwiw, I'm just reminding those people about this now so in the future, when we do lose a game or two and things aren't as good as this, to keep the faith because he does have a history of turning things around you know...

You know what i love more than anything?

The fact that i KNOW KK will be aiming for top 4 next season, regardless of whether he thinks the players are capable of it, he will make them believe they are and that is the key.

If we fall short, so fuck, top 6 will do very nicely indeed.

Anyone who didn't have any reservations after 9 games without a win are liars or loonies, and even if they did have faith in him turning it round, can't look down on people who weren't convinced. He's won me round, but only because he's pulled out a formation nobody would have came out with...and who'd seriously have thought after the Villa drubbing we'd be sitting here now enjoying a 4-3-3 formation and looking at a top 10 finish.

I think Keegan deserved a lot more respect that some gave him, even when we were struggling, if only for what he's done here in the past.  Sorry, but he deserved better than some gave and they should be embarrassed and I'm not on about you.

I think Keegan deserved a lot more respect that some gave him, even when we were struggling, if only for what he's done here in the past.  Sorry, but he deserved better than some gave and they should be embarrassed and I'm not on about you.

I agree. Some of the criticism he got from Newcastle fans even before he'd managed a game was disgraceful. Very much a case of people believing media stereotypes imo.

After the Blackburn match I thought we were going down, I never for a second thought we would be safe with three to play. But I always had 100% faith that Kev would turn us round and get us playing great football again, eventually. I expected that eventually to be next season.

I agree. Some of the criticism he got from Newcastle fans even before he'd managed a game was disgraceful. Very much a case of people believing media stereotypes imo.

People weren't sure because he'd been out of football for 2 years, and his last year or so at City wasn't exactly the greatest. Throw in 9 games without winning, and you can surely see why people weren't sure?

Guest Knightrider

The man's special man, him and Newcastle United just seem to work and I'm fucking delighted for him.

I still think there was an element of luck involved, we could very easily have lost to Brum and that really could have sent us into an even deeper spiral.  What's happened since is nothing short of amazing, but so much hinged on that game and we didn't play that well.

The man's special man, him and Newcastle United just seem to work and I'm f****** delighted for him.

And I bet every single one who was questioning the appointment 6 games ago are thinking the exact same thing. Doesn't mean there was anything wrong with it.

It's only about 4 months ago you were saying how great Allardyce was going to be for the club!

People weren't sure because he'd been out of football for 2 years, and his last year or so at City wasn't exactly the greatest. Throw in 9 games without winning, and you can surely see why people weren't sure?

Not really. You don't just lose what Keegan has. He did have it, he still has it and always will.

That's too one sided, we had very hard games which prevented us from gaining any confidence and we had three of our most important players on a different continent for over a month.

I think the thing to divide here is those who had doubts - of whom I was one (I still have doubts, too... just less so than before) -  and those who directed abuse at him. The latter were out of order. I found the idea of having to criticise him in the future very difficult, there were a handful who took to the task like a duck to water.

Around about the time of the Brum draw, when Keegan was talking about getting to 40 points, i thought he was mad, and that we'd never reach that. But, here we are, home and dry with 3 games left.

While relegation would have been a tragedy, you can't take away what the man has done for this club over the years.

Anything he doesn't achieve will not be for want of him trying. He'll put all his love for this club into everything he does.

Put me in the loony bracket then! I never doubted Keegan's abilities, but I doubted the players he inherited to save us from the drop. It's even more credit to Keegan that he's got this group of players playing decent football and getting results.

I still have my doubts regarding this squads ability to take us to the next level, but I have no doubt that we have the right man at the helm to get us there if he gets the right financial backing.

I think the thing to divide here is the doubters - of whom I was one (I still have doubts, too... just less so than before) -  and those who directed abuse at him. The latter were out of order. I found the idea of having to criticise him in the future very difficult, there were a handful who took to the task like a duck to water.

I've got no problem with people doubting him, I think I doubted him for 15 minutes today after taking Martins off.   :lol:

While I'm on the subject of the manager, I'd like to thank him for restoring some lost faith and respect which I now have once more for a number of our players which considering my past contempt, dislike and total lack of respect for them is probably his biggest success thus far since taking over. A few weeks ago they could have all burnt in hell for all I cared. A major injury to most of them wouldn't have had me shedding any tears. Today though all is forgiving. As the man himself said post-match, they've won us over. Well me anyway and judging by the reaction on the stands, most of us too.

:thup:

Still the supreme motivator and you'd trust him to bring in quality motivated players too.

With the structure of the team around him and above him there may be cause for a little bit of optimism.

I don't mind being a cock in this instance then. People ought to have held firm and been more supportive, even if they did have genuine concerns, which I did myself btw, although I was never in any doubt. People should know with KK not to write him off much less piss and moan because we weren't showing title winning form from the off, not given what he's achieved here and what he means to us all.

Anyway that's by the by.

PS I'm not looking down fwiw, I'm just reminding those people about this now so in the future, when we do lose a game or two and things aren't as good as this, to keep the faith because he does have a history of turning things around you know...

surely a concern is a doubt?

Guest Knightrider

Anyway that's by the by.

surely a concern is a doubt?

Short term concerns, no long term doubts.