Champions League (Semi finals, 2nd legs)

Tooj

Guest LucaAltieri

The Ronaldo wankathon reminds me of Frank Lampard several years ago, you know, back when he was better than Kaka, Ronaldinho, etc.

A good player in great form will always be vastly inferior to a great player in good form.

It's always games like this where Ronaldo gets found out. Just like the Milan semi-final a year back. Kaka was the star that night and Messi has been the star tonight. I've not doubt Ronaldo could be as good as those two but he needs to perform on the bigger stage and not just against the Boltons and Middlesboroughs.

You know, even now, an hour after the game, I think that was a pantheon performance from Messi. He was a goal away from probably making it into my top 3 individual performances ever. Considering the circumstances, the team he was playing against, the pressure, and all that jazz, he was simply amazing. I've run out of superlatives to describe him with.

The whole match was actually excellent. This was what should have been served up in the first leg. It reminded me why I love football :D

The Ronaldo wankathon reminds me of Frank Lampard several years ago, you know, back when he was better than Kaka, Ronaldinho, etc.

A good player in great form will always be vastly inferior to a great player in good form.

It's always games like this where Ronaldo gets found out. Just like the Milan semi-final a year back. Kaka was the star that night and Messi has been the star tonight. I've not doubt Ronaldo could be as good as those two but he needs to perform on the bigger stage and not just against the Boltons and Middlesboroughs.

...and Newcastle

It's really not on that he isn't brilliant in every single game he plays in.  Don't recall much criticism of him in the quarter final.  He played his part in what was an excellent team performance.

Without reading the last couple of pages, can I assume that people have sore dicks from wanking about Messi?

Created nothing tonight, despite his dribbles. Don't know what the fuss is about.

Not like you to go against the grain is it?

Without reading the last couple of pages, can I assume that people have sore dicks from wanking about Messi?

Created nothing tonight, despite his dribbles. Don't know what the fuss is about.

I think it's more other people going against my grain ;)

Just never really rated Messi. OK, he's scored a couple of fantastic goals, but I can't believe people talk about him being the new Maradona. Not even close.

Ronaldo is better IMO.

Just never really rated Messi. OK, he's scored a couple of fantastic goals, but I can't believe people talk about him being the new Maradona. Not even close.

Ronaldo is better IMO.

He's no Lampard like.

You mean he was the only one on the Barca team willing to make something happen? Up against 2-4 defenders everytime he received the ball (even at awkward heights) and lost it only once. The way the ball sticks to his feet reminds me of the way it used to stick to Zidane's boots. It was a majestic performance from him. And yes, I do have a sore dick. He's awesome, man ;)

Ronaldo is better IMO.

He's no Lampard like.

Apologies for not rating your hero quite as much as you do.

Great performance from Man United tonight despite missing 2 or 3 key players. Barcelona could have played for another 7 hours and still wouldn't have scored. For all of their attacking talent they really have no end product whatsoever. Why don't they stick Henry and Bojan up front for the game and see what happens, rather than pissing about with this "all of our attacking players will sit on the wing" crap they do?

Oh, and Deco can certainly sign for us if he wants ;)

Messi is a fantastic player.

He totally upstaged Ronaldo in these two games. Not saying that would always be the case, but it's how it was this time.

Yet he created very little. You'd think the greatest player on the planet EVER would at least have set one of his fellow players up?

He totally upstaged Ronaldo in these two games. Not saying that would always be the case, but it's how it was this time.

Yet he created very little. You'd think the greatest player on the planet EVER would at least have set one of his fellow players up?

Pele's getting on a bit now.

Pele's getting on a bit now.

:D

Not arguing you with that one :)