Champions League (Semi finals, 2nd legs)

Tooj

Guest LucaAltieri

Grant's made an absolute mockery of the bumming that Mourinho used to get from fans and media alike. Overrated.

It's still Jose's team to be fair.

So Avram is the better tactician? Motivator?

Can't say I've spent much time in the Chelsea changing room... how about yourself?

They play football matches in changing rooms?

Motivation is done on the touchline?

No but the effects happen on the pitch. You judge someones motivational skill by what comes from it, not what the've said/done.

I'm only playing Devils Advocate here....

We can only speculate... that's the only point I was making. We don't see what goes on pre-match or half time. We don't get to see the training sessions.

From the little I've seen of Chelsea this season I haven't noticed a great deal of difference in their style of play. They're often still playing with just Drogba up top although they have gone 4-4-2 more than they would have under Jose.

They're still in the title hunt and now the Champions league final so Grant has done well, it would seem.

However the players are more or less the same. How many did Grant bring in? How many of those are starters? It's still Jose's team. Given the same draws would he have got Chelsea into the champions league final this season? Who knows.

I've known for a while that I hate Chelsea a bit more than Man Utd.

But tonight I realized I hate Liverpool more than both of them.

I hope Man U trash Chelsea in Moscow, 75% of their fans are god damn gloryhunters (the Man Utd ratio is probably around 60%), but I predict they'll still win it. Its just too typical that Avram Grant will manage to achieve what Mourinho never did but desperately tried to.

I hate Man United more than anyone, but there is absolutely no doubt Liverpool have far, far more plastic gloryhunters.

Death to gloryhunters. There is NO excuse for them whatsoever. They're the absolute lowest of the low.

I hate Man United more than anyone, but there is absolutely no doubt Liverpool have far, far more plastic gloryhunters.

Death to gloryhunters. There is NO excuse for them whatsoever. They're the absolute lowest of the low.

At least any new fans to either Newcastle or Villa can't be accused of that ;)

I know.

Death to underachieving football clubs! Allah akbar!!!

Oh, hang on a sec ...

I hope Man U trash Chelsea in Moscow, 75% of their fans are god damn gloryhunters (the Man Utd ratio is probably around 60%), but I predict they'll still win it. Its just too typical that Avram Grant will manage to achieve what Mourinho never did but desperately tried to.

60% glory hunters? Fuck off with that bullshit lol..

There are many, MANY more fake Manure fans in terms of sheer volume.. you and I both know more fake Manure fans than fake Chelsea ones.

The Chelsea glory days are far too recent for people my age.. everyone who is my age and older and have hunted the glory from a young age support Liverpool or Manure... I despise this breed and they are far too prevalent in our society....

Grant's made an absolute mockery of the bumming that Mourinho used to get from fans and media alike. Overrated.

It's still Jose's team to be fair.

So Avram is the better tactician? Motivator?

Can't say I've spent much time in the Chelsea changing room... how about yourself?

They play football matches in changing rooms?

Motivation is done on the touchline?

No but the effects happen on the pitch. You judge someones motivational skill by what comes from it, not what the've said/done.

I'm only playing Devils Advocate here....

We can only speculate... that's the only point I was making. We don't see what goes on pre-match or half time. We don't get to see the training sessions.

From the little I've seen of Chelsea this season I haven't noticed a great deal of difference in their style of play. They're often still playing with just Drogba up top although they have gone 4-4-2 more than they would have under Jose.

They're still in the title hunt and now the Champions league final so Grant has done well, it would seem.

However the players are more or less the same. How many did Grant bring in? How many of those are starters? It's still Jose's team. Given the same draws would he have got Chelsea into the champions league final this season? Who knows.

Aye totally agree. The football has remained the same, they play the same system as before but Avram's achieved something Mourinho never did at Chelsea. He's had some luck that Mourinho never had at Chelsea but people tend to discredit Avram alot..

One thing I did notice. Ballack has put in more effort recently than he ever did last season.

That first half of extra time was brilliant, shame about the rest of the match :lol:

Michael Essien was absolutely superb today I thought, the man's a machine. Would grace any team. Have to say I was very impressed with Lampard today as well, a good performance even if you disregard the circumstances.

Hate Chelsea way more than Man U, Chelsea are a fucking huge club and they woldnt be if it wasnt because of Abramovich, hate the fact they've come so far so quickly and i hate all these Chelsea fans that have come out the woodwork like maggots.

At least Man U have built it from the bottom to the top.

60% glory hunters? f*** off with that bullshit lol..

There are many, MANY more fake Manure fans in terms of sheer volume.. you and I both know more fake Manure fans than fake Chelsea ones.

The Chelsea glory days are far too recent for people my age.. everyone who is my age and older and have hunted the glory from a young age support Liverpool or Manure... I despise this breed and they are far too prevalent in our society....

Globally, there are easily a dozen times more ManU glory hunters than there are people in Manchester. In fact, at 330 million, the amount of ManU glory hunters worldwide is about 5 times the population of England.

Compared to Man United, Liverpool and Chelsea are nothing really in glory hunting terms.

Globally, there are easily a dozen times more ManU glory hunters than there are people in Manchester. In fact, at 330 million, the amount of ManU glory hunters worldwide is about 5 times the population of England.

Compared to Man United, Liverpool and Chelsea are nothing really in glory hunting terms.

So everyone not from Manchester is a glory-hunter? That's a dangerous rationale IMO. I'd guess that the large majority were, but having percentages/stats for something like this seems too optimistic for me!

So everyone not from Manchester is a glory-hunter? That's a dangerous rationale IMO. I'd guess that the large majority were, but having percentages/stats for something like this seems too optimistic for me!

I'm not saying that, obviously I wouldn't have that attitude since I'm not from Newcastle myself.

It's just that that number is the only one we have, and I think it's fair to say that a large majority of that 330 million are glory hunters.

I know.

Death to underachieving football clubs! Allah akbar!!!

Oh, hang on a sec ...

Those muslim fans vs. Bolton teach you something Brummie ?