memories of your first ever away match,

cp40

My first away game was at Carlisle to see us lose, 0-3 ( i think) 83/84. may have been newyears day.

Remember a toon fan running on the pitch to have a go at our Keeper Martin Thomas.

I went to Anfield a few days later for a famous 0-4 hiding when the atmosphere by the geordie hoards is still with me to this day, as is the memory of coming home in a coach with missing windows,  f-ing scousers

Sheff Wed 1999 when i was 6

We won either 2-0 or 2-1, cant remember  :undecided: Went in the car, my face went beatroot when the players come out

and it was my first ever match, home or away

Guest fraser

28th February 1975 versus West Ham United; stood with the home fans; screaming at the top of my voice and jumping up and down as Supermac tore onto a through ball and bore down on goal; he scored past Mervyn Day (the shot clipped the top of his body as he dived and carried on into the net) to give us a 1-0 win. It was a Friday night.

Barca in the Champions League, 10th December 2002, for my birthday when I was 12, however it was called off after only 10 minutes in the ground due to the  weather being terrible and we couldn't stay over. Brilliant day all round though.  Got my money back bar the match ticket which was used to go to Milan, best atmosphere I've ever been in, absolutely epic game.

Middlesbrough in 1995, Ferdinand scored in a 1-0 win.

Sure it was 95, might have been 96 though. Remember it was a night match and Sir Les had a blob of vaseline on his head!

I've only been to two away games ever, both of them in Norway. The first was Vålerenga, but obviously Lillestrøm was better because of the win and the fact that I was sat with other Toon fans. And the weather was fantastic that day :snod:

First away game was at Joker Park for the Liam O'Brien game, but was in the Clock Stand with the Sunderland fans as my Mackem mate got the tickets for us.

Would have loved to have been able to celebrate the goal, but watching the Sunderland fans get crushed by the goal was a very very close second.

Guest tommykay

I was mascot at Goodison Park when Daniel Amocatchi (sp?) scored twice and we got beat 2-0.

First proper one was in about 2003 when we drew with Southampton at St Marys needed to win to stay in contention for champions league, it was 3-3 with Darren Ambrose scoring in the last minute.

Everton,got beat 4-0 Tony Cottee scored a hatrick.

Was only 15 at the time,left goodison and couldnt find my coach was shitting myself as more and more coaches were pulling away but finally found one that would let me on.