Mort: Taylor contract will be sorted

Dokko

Overriding point is that if the club want to tie down players to new contracts, they should do it quickly and not mess around so someone else can sign them up.

I'm sure that Keegan will have a lot to say if they lose Owen, Taylor or Martins due to them not getting these deals signed and done.

To be honest, I reckon he'd only be gutted about losing Owen, and even then, as long as he can bring his own men in he'll be fine.

The board need to back him though, be it through contacts or new signings. I'm sure they will do though, as they've now spoken about contracts for all of these three :)

I don't understand why they are talking about it and doing nothing though ? Are they playing games with the players or something ? Just get them signed up if Keegan wants them, show them good faith, and behave like a progressive club by doing so ffs

Signing Michael Owen asap on a new contract will speak volumes in football circles and tempt other players they target

See, the only problem I have with them at the moment is they're talking a bit more than I'd want. I'd rather hear nothing coming from the club until things are sorted.

Who's to say they're not already sorting these contracts out now premiership status is secure?

thats about the size of it. I agree. What are they mouthing off for ? Just get on with it and tell us when its done. The only motivation they have in talking about it and all these silly digs, is basically points scoring ie "appeasing"

Stupid tbh

Oh fer ferks sake. Silly digs? They are reasuring people that contract situations regarding a number of our players will be addressed now our top flight status is assured. Whether they manage to strike a deal suitable for all parties who knows, but glad to hear that they're on to it.

Glad to be "appeased".

sorry Jon. Its the players they should be talking to, not the press.

Perhaps you can tell us what, if you think Morts comments, which are the subject of this thread, are all about then ? Who do you think he's talking about, and if you agree with him, please tell us who and why ? Who is this player that has "appeased" us,that he thinks isn't what the club should be doing, and he knows better  ?

He must have had somebody in mind or he wouldn't have said it. Don't you agree ?

I am happy for the club to sort this out when they knew we were safe. I am also happy for this club not to cave in and offer anything to keep hold of players.

Don't see what the big problem is really.

Overriding point is that if the club want to tie down players to new contracts, they should do it quickly and not mess around so someone else can sign them up.

I'm sure that Keegan will have a lot to say if they lose Owen, Taylor or Martins due to them not getting these deals signed and done.

To be honest, I reckon he'd only be gutted about losing Owen, and even then, as long as he can bring his own men in he'll be fine.

The board need to back him though, be it through contacts or new signings. I'm sure they will do though, as they've now spoken about contracts for all of these three :)

I don't understand why they are talking about it and doing nothing though ? Are they playing games with the players or something ? Just get them signed up if Keegan wants them, show them good faith, and behave like a progressive club by doing so ffs

Signing Michael Owen asap on a new contract will speak volumes in football circles and tempt other players they target

See, the only problem I have with them at the moment is they're talking a bit more than I'd want. I'd rather hear nothing coming from the club until things are sorted.

Who's to say they're not already sorting these contracts out now premiership status is secure?

thats about the size of it. I agree. What are they mouthing off for ? Just get on with it and tell us when its done. The only motivation they have in talking about it and all these silly digs, is basically points scoring ie "appeasing"

Stupid tbh

Oh fer ferks sake. Silly digs? They are reasuring people that contract situations regarding a number of our players will be addressed now our top flight status is assured. Whether they manage to strike a deal suitable for all parties who knows, but glad to hear that they're on to it.

Glad to be "appeased".

Perhaps you can tell us what, if you think Morts comments, which are the subject of this thread, are all about then ? Who do you think he's talking about, and if you agree with him, please tell us who and why ? Who is this player that has "appeased" us,that he thinks isn't what the club should be doing, and he knows better  ?

He must have had somebody in mind or he wouldn't have said it. Don't you agree ?

are you trying to merge all threads to one or two topics ?

Stupid tbh

Glad to be "appeased".

I'd be more likely to agree if I knew what you were on about. What comments are you reffering to, all I saw from Mort in this thread were -

“Steven Taylor is a young and very promising defender.

“We would like him to stay at the club long term.

“We will sit down with Steven and his father and hopefully work something out.”

Seem pretty straight forward and an odd thing to wrap one of your conspiracy theories around. That said, I'm all ears.

Stupid tbh

Glad to be "appeased".

are you trying to merge all threads to one or two topics ?

Ok, I'll give you that one  ;D

To be fair, I've been one criticising Steven Taylor a bit in the past, but in the last 6 games he's been very solid, perhaps even more so than Faye, who I am a big fan of.

He deserves a new contract, and hopefully he builds on an extremely bright finish to this season.

Guest Sniffer

I'd wonder what's going on if martins was getting offered 90k a week as well.

errrrrr.... for 10m nowadays can you get another martin?

on the contrary for 10m u can get 3 steven taylor

depends whether you rate martins as worth 10 mill. Defoe cost less, Crouch will cost somewhere around 10 mill so there are players out there who can do a job equally as good or better than martins. But the point is that I don't think martins is worth 90k a week as it throws off any scale even at the vastly inflated salaries we pay at the Toon.

Guest Sniffer

You are right, Crouch won't do the same job as martins. Crouch will score more goals.

Just having pace doesn't make you a good player as some people seem to think.

You are right, Crouch won't do the same job as martins. Crouch will score more goals.

We have Viduka doing with Crouch is going to do..Martins does a whole diffrent job.

Wage wise lads, how much do you reckon he deserves a week ?

£50k+

Probably going to take £70k to get him here imo.

Wrong thread mate. ;)

No it's what Taylor deserves!

O0

Hahaha!

Teach me for flying through threads while doing an assignment.  :blush:

Back on topic. £25kpw for me.

We've got a chronic lack of pace in the squad in general and in the attacking positions in particular. So let's replace Martins with Crouch.

Guest Sniffer

We've got a chronic lack of pace in the squad in general and in the attacking positions in particular. So let's replace Martins with Crouch.

Considering you think anybody who is 6ft plus has to be a good header of the ball, I've long since realised that your knowledge of football is zero. You probably think we should get Darren Huckerby back as well as he has pace.

Stick to punctuation and spelling mistakes, that's your forte.

Considering you think anybody who is 6ft plus has to be a good header of the ball, I've long since realised that your knowledge of football is zero. You probably think we should get Darren Huckerby back as well as he has pace.

Stick to punctuation and spelling mistakes, that's your forte.

Considering you made the first bit up, that sort of makes the rest of your argument, on which it seems to be based, rather null and void.  :smug:

"the highly-rated video analyst Dave Fallows has parted company with United, leaving Allardyce’s men rather thin on the ground"

Another one of them :lol:

Can you imaging Mr Fallows trying to prove his worth to KK?

KK "So what do you do then Dave?"

DF "Oh, er, i watch videos, yeah, like this you see?"

KK "Yeah i think i do...and people have the nerve to call Terry useless"

DF "Don't worry, my wages are paid for by the nash, please don't sack me!"

Even though we have immediately appointed a replacement?

Mike Crompton - DVD analyst.

'right then lads, there will be blood's coming out soon, thats pretty good, its all based around daniel day lewis, and he won the oscar for best actor for it so its a pretty safe bet. best film went to the ridiculosuly over-rated no country for old men, to be honest i think the academy just thought they'd better give an award to the coen brothers for making good films for so long, its good like, but i enjoyed reading the book a lot more, anyway the dvd's out soon. steven, alvin and the chipmunks has just come out, only 12.99 at hmv, even you can afford that and its right up your street'

I'd wonder what's going on if martins was getting offered 90k a week as well.

errrrrr.... for 10m nowadays can you get another martin?

on the contrary for 10m u can get 3 steven taylor

depends whether you rate martins as worth 10 mill. Defoe cost less, Crouch will cost somewhere around 10 mill so there are players out there who can do a job equally as good or better than martins. But the point is that I don't think martins is worth 90k a week as it throws off any scale even at the vastly inflated salaries we pay at the Toon.

he's worth it.... 10m from inter is stealing bargain for sure... 90k week for one of best player at the club  is guess it's worthed... people & managers do mostly rate martin (undoubtly) we paid owen more than 100k week... why we would not do pay another best player similar less a bit...

he's also already proving he can score much goals for us... so why not? he's already settle at premiership also... we do not pay another transfer fee for looking another good striker either?

"the highly-rated video analyst Dave Fallows has parted company with United, leaving Allardyce’s men rather thin on the ground"

Another one of them :lol:

Can you imaging Mr Fallows trying to prove his worth to KK?

KK "So what do you do then Dave?"

DF "Oh, er, i watch videos, yeah, like this you see?"

KK "Yeah i think i do...and people have the nerve to call Terry useless"

DF "Don't worry, my wages are paid for by the nash, please don't sack me!"

Even though we have immediately appointed a replacement?

Mike Crompton - DVD analyst.

'right then lads, there will be blood's coming out soon, thats pretty good, its all based around daniel day lewis, and he won the oscar for best actor for it so its a pretty safe bet. best film went to the ridiculosuly over-rated no country for old men, to be honest i think the academy just thought they'd better give an award to the coen brothers for making good films for so long, its good like, but i enjoyed reading the book a lot more, anyway the dvd's out soon. steven, alvin and the chipmunks has just come out, only 12.99 at hmv, even you can afford that and its right up your street'

:)

To be fair, I've been one criticising Steven Taylor a bit in the past, but in the last 6 games he's been very solid, perhaps even more so than Faye, who I am a big fan of.

He deserves a new contract, and hopefully he builds on an extremely bright finish to this season.

Definately true, been much better than Faye recently imo. Anything other than a new contract would be plain stupid

I think him and Faye have been equally solid, with perhaps Taylor being the better of the two. I wouldn't say 'much better' though and I think the whole back four have done very well.