Thierry Henry is Coming to Toon ~ The Sun

Guest ObaStar

Guest ObaStar

http://thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/article1086800.ece

Toon want £15m Thierry Henry

By PHIL THOMAS

Published: Today

KEVIN KEEGAN will launch a sensational £15million raid to bring Thierry Henry back to England this summer.

The Newcastle boss has told Mike Ashley the French superstar tops his wanted list and the Toon owner is prepared to give Keegan the green light to land his man.

Henry has not settled at Barcelona since his move from Arsenal last June and is seriously considering quitting the Nou Camp at the end of the season.

A shock move to Major League Soccer in America has been mentioned but the prospect of being the main man for one of the most passionate sets of fans in Europe is a strong lure.

Henry, 30, spent eight years at Arsenal before joining Barca for £16.1million.

Yet his dream move has turned into a nightmare and he was unhappy again at starting on the bench against Manchester United on Wednesday.

He has three years left on his deal but the Spaniards would let him go if they could claw back most of what they paid out.

Any fee would be a drop in the ocean for billionaire Sports Direct owner Ashley.

There were suggestions he would try to sell up this summer but a run of good results has KO’d that.

Instead, the Toon supremo wants to bring a “sexy” global name to the club.

Keegan is convinced Henry could have a similar effect on fans as Alan Shearer’s arrival did in 1996.

And Toon insiders believe the Frenchman would be lured by the prospect of being the big man on Tyneside.

Henry also wants to return to England to see more of his young daughter, Tea.

This all stems way back to that Radio Newcastle interview where Keegan was asked who his dream signing would be.. since then this story has popped up here and there. Bit of a nothing story tbh.

Saying that though, I really have no idea what to expect this summer.. what with the Modric story etc. which although I very much doubt will happen, I do believe has truth in it what with so many sources reporting coinciding stories..

Hmmm, Newcastle sign Modric and Henry, heh.

if his daughter lives in London there really isn't that much difference between him living here and living in Barca, still a fairly short plane journey

he's still a great players but he's been past his best for nearly two years. Who would he replace Viduka? hardly. Martins? I'd personally be devestated if we sold Martins in the summer, he's less than two seasons away from being a truly world class young (ish) striker

that said, i'd still like him here, Martins at 23 isn't that different from Henry at 23 in fairness. Not that i can see Henry coming here like

Guest ObaStar

its pretty amazing that he is a sub there. He was sensational here. I remember thinking whenever we played Arsenal that we were never safe because Henry could just own us with a free kick or a goal out of no where.

wasn't peter beardsley really old when keegan brought him here as well tho?

32, thing is though Beardsley wasn't as reliant on his physical attributes AND he seemed to have a 20 year old's pace till about 97

Henry's not just fast though. He's also a big, strong fucker with amazing technical ability. As long as he adapts his game to suit his advancing age I can see him playing well into his thirties.

...Not that he'd ever sign for us of course

Guest optimistic nit

if his daughter lives in London there really isn't that much difference between him living here and living in Barca, still a fairly short plane journey

he's still a great players but he's been past his best for nearly two years. Who would he replace Viduka? hardly. Martins? I'd personally be devestated if we sold Martins in the summer, he's less than two seasons away from being a truly world class young (ish) striker

that said, i'd still like him here, Martins at 23 isn't that different from Henry at 23 in fairness. Not that i can see Henry coming here like

:doh:

Guest Harry-Norway

Not Henry please,he is past 30 and to many injuries and dont spend 15 mill.on him,go for younger players please

BBC

Newcastle are reportedly keen to bring Henry back to England in the summer, while he has also been linked with a possible move to Major League Soccer in the United States.

But asked if he would return to play in the Premier League, Henry replied: "I don't know. I'm happy here at Barcelona. I still have three years of my contract left with Barcelona.

"But England... I watch every game that I see on TV. I was watching Stoke City versus Crystal Palace. I will always miss it.

"There has been since I arrived here a lot of speculation from day one but, hey, go back where? There's only one team for me in my heart. It took me a while to understand what that club, Arsenal, meant."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/7366141.stm

Guest xtinct

"I'm happy here at Barcelona. I still have three years of my contract left with Barcelona," he told BBC's Football Focus.

"I don't regret stuff in my life. Stuff happens for a reason. You don't regret stuff that you thought about. I don't regret it."

"I'm happy - I don't regret leaving Arsenal. But England...I watch every game that I see on TV. I will always miss it.

"There's only one team in England for me. Everybody knows the love and affection I have for Arsenal. I was so into it, I became a fan.

"There has been since I arrived here a lot of speculation from day one but, hey, go back where?

"There's only one team for me in my heart. It took me a while to understand what that club, Arsenal, meant."

http://www.shieldsgazette.com/nufc/Thierry-Henry-on-Toon-link.4020192.jp