how big would st james be if........

cp40

if the stadium was complete, ie the same as the milburn+ leazes all the way round, what would it actually hold.

i am aware of the building restrictions on the east side btw. so this is just a hypothetical question.

also,,if it was this big, (it would be the best stadium in the world)  But What would we need to achieve to fill it?

Guest Phil K

I'd say possibly 60,000-ish

Its the non-football fans in the council refusing to allow the redevelopment of that stand in case it puts the ****** students in the shade (f**k 'em is my view)

Guest Phil K

Didn't someone photoshop it a while back? Would be interesting to see that again...

That would be brilliant.

Like to see that too (and please add complaining whining students behind the stand) ;)

Before the SJH/Milburn extension the capacity was 37000, now its 52000 so it would be at least 67000, However hypothetically if the east stand could be made a mirror image of the milburn it would be a lot more than that

yep, i meant if the east stand was like the milburn, ithought it would be over 70, i was wondering if it could be worked out accurately by, finding out capacity of each stand

Would be upwards of 70,000 if all sides were done, you can't forget the corner bits either. At the minute we have only one done in that way, obviously. 60,000 would be achieved by doing the Gallowgate and connecting it up to the Milburn.

Never seen that picture before; that would be amazing, best ground in the league by a mile...

It certainly would look amazing but it will simply never happen.

I know, sadly not...

Never seen that picture before; that would be amazing, best ground in the league by a mile...

You know what annoys me, the amount of renovation work that gets done on Leazes Terrace facade.

It's like Triggers brush ffs.

I know, sadly not...

people used to say keegan would never come back

I know, sadly not...

Who is going to plant a bomb in Leazes Terrace?

I know, sadly not...

is there enough members on here to storm it

aye baggio, i think thats how far it will go, so what will that hold?

58,000 at a guess.

I remember when there was talk about redeveloping the ground outside the gallowgate and it was mentioned SJP would get 6,000 extra seats.

I know, sadly not...

is there enough members on here to storm it

I'm probably going to be doing a PhD in Newcastle next year (starting September) so I could apply to live there and then I could be the mole on the inside?