Richard Dunne staying at Citeh

jimmymag

I think its fair to say that Carr and Ramage will definately leave when their contracts end in the summer. Lamine Diatta may stay on, but he hasn't really had any opportunity to showcase his ability. Rozehnal isn't likely to get signed by Lazio after an unimpressive stint there and could get moved on in the summer. Thats potentially 4 defenders leaving with only Beye, Enrique, Taylor, Faye, Cacapa and Edgar left. Also Edgar might go out on loan next season, so bringing in Dunne could be an impressive piece of business.

But whether fellow Dubliner Carr will be at St James’s next season remains to be seen, with both Celtic and Everton keen on the former Spurs skipper.

Don't play with us, Oliver!

Guest chic_charnley

I would be surprised , and very , very dissapointed if Dunne chose to leave us  for Newcastle .  He has been our player of the season three times in a row , is a candidate  for a fourth award , and is the club captain.  By all accounts he is close to signing a new contract giving him a massive (  :laugh2:) payrise.  He has been through some dreadful times with us , and if he chose to move away just when City have the chance to build something decent I would be amazed. That is not meant as a slight on Newcastle btw !

If you got him for the reported £6m , he would be worth every penny , and we would struggle to replace him for twice that amount imo

Would be fantastic, but I fear it's another case of us being a pawn in someone elses game of chess.

Nice metaphor, i like. ;)

Going to use that one in the next couple of weeks for sure. 

Guest justin99.

he's their captain isn't he?

not sure why he would for Newcastle.

Keegan and money.

I'm sure Keegan would be a pull, but I think city would be able to match any offer newcastle made for him

Keegan and money.

I'm sure Keegan would be a pull, but I think city would be able to match any offer newcastle made for him

They obviously aren't!

Guest justin99.

Keegan and money.

They obviously aren't!

yet. And that's if newcastle has even made an offer for him.