The European Cup Final 2008

midds

Man Utd should be the favourites by the way. What's this nonsense about Chelsea having big game players? What happened to them in the League Cup final against Spurs? Man Utd have a load of big game players (Scholes, Tevez, Ferdinand immediately come to mind) and they seem to have a real winning mentality. They also tend to dominate possession and their defence can handle Drogba, especially if Vidic is back, so I'd say it's theirs to lose.

I'm still struggling to think of a way in which Ferreira will handle Rooney/Ronaldo/Tevez/whoever's roaming the left flank, so unless they play Essien there, they're fucked. And if the play Essien there, they'll be fucked in the center of the park!

The only way I see Chelsea winning it is if they try for a replay of last year's FA Cup final. If the game's open, Man Utd will win it.

To be fair, they beat Man United quite easily last week.

Different venue and totally different circumstances. Chelsea's backs won't be against the wall in this one and Fergie won't be resting Ronaldo and Tevez.

Man United are favourites with the bookies, but I'll be putting some money on Chelsea.

I like Ferdinand, Tevez, Giggs and Scholes, I hate Terry, Ashley Cole, Drogba, Lampard.

Therefore I want Manchester United to win.

Yep same, although I liked Essien too  :blush:

Nevermind that, jut realized that Grant is half-polish "Grant’s father, Meir, was born in Poland and deported to Siberia during the Second World War. Most of his father's family were murdered during the Holocaust.[15]"

GO GO Chelsea with the half-polish manager  :wav:

How can anyone not like Essien though? He's an awesome player, never gives up, ain't dirty and plays his heart out. Did anyone ever see an interview with him from a year or so ago where he was just smiling the whole time and saying that his favourite hobby is sleeping? Genuinely seemed like a good guy.

How can anyone not like Essien though? He's an awesome player, never gives up, ain't dirty and plays his heart out. Did anyone ever see an interview with him from a year or so ago where he was just smiling the whole time and saying that his favourite hobby is sleeping? Genuinely seemed like a good guy.

Fucking brilliant. Would love him in a black and white shirt

I think he gained the dirty rep from his early time here in England for a few mis-timed tackles. But since then, I've found him to be a model pro. Excellent footballer, and a sexy mofo to boot.

Edit: grammar and spelling

I think he gained the dirty rep from his early time here in England for a few mis-times tackles. But since then, I've found him to be a model pro. Excellent football, and a sexy mofo to boot.

I do like him, btw. Great player.

Guest NUFC4

my favorite would be chelski to win 1-0 at this point because they seem to be hitting their form at the right time as a previously rampaging manure are going the opposite direction

only good thing about this final is that it must really get up sep `twat` blatters arse to see 2 english teams in the final.

Infact its good to see alot of europe have to stomach that the british game is superior to any italian/spanish style; for years weve been informed of our inferiority to all the BIg/great teams of europe.

Which we now know is all bollocks.  I hope the italians are all puking out their pasta right now!!

Guest nufc_geordie

What are the chances of trouble over there though? One thing we must make certain of (by we I mean our police force and the FA) is that the hooligans don't get there. Blatter/Platini both hate us and we really don't want to be giving them any encouragement to impose sanctions on us.

Unfortunately I can see it happening.....

What are the chances of trouble over there though? One thing we must make certain of (by we I mean our police force and the FA) is that the hooligans don't get there. Blatter/Platini both hate us and we really don't want to be giving them any encouragement to impose sanctions on us.

Unfortunately I can see it happening.....

Stopping the known hooligans won't be enough, though. On trips like that, the normally placid have a tendency to get too pissed and drawn into things.

The only positive thing is that it isn't Liverpool - Man United. Can you imagine the carnage that would be?

Guest eyikoda
Infact its good to see alot of europe have to stomach that the british game is superior to any italian/spanish style; for years weve been informed of our inferiority to all the BIg/great teams of europe.

Which we now know is all bollocks.  I hope the italians are all puking out their pasta right now!!

i'm italian