FourFourTwo's 100 Greatest Foreign Imports

Guest The Libertine

bergkamp and zola are always too high, the london media over-rate them. Had Solano and Albert played for london clubs at their peak, instead of in their waning years, they'd probably be top 20 instead of near the end below some real shite. same probably applies to Fabrizio Ravenelli, one debut season in the top flight (like berbatov when i imagine this list was compiled) for a relegated side and he scores 31 goals. also got into double figures for derby too later in his career.

agree about schmiechel UV.

Bergkamp was not overrated, Bergkamp is the finest technical player I've seen in my years of watching English football, an absolute genius of a player.

Btw the fact that Bergkamp is widely regarded by The Dutch as being their greatest ever player after Cruyff then Van Basten, says quite a lot. Zola's too high as always on these things though.

Nakamura ahead of Solano?

I don't think lists like these are hard to do, tbh. Think they'll put a lot of effort into the top 10 then wing the rest.

That's the impression I always get, at least.

Ronaldo to be number 1 by the end of his career?

Messi

/2J

On this list? He hasn't played in England man, sort it out lad. ;)

And if you read the Champions League thread, I've said nothing about how much I rate Messi, or Messi was this that and Cristiano wasn't, I rate Cristiano. So kiss my face!

Btw the fact that Bergkamp is widely regarded by The Dutch as being their greatest ever player after Cruyff then Van Basten, says quite a lot. Zola's too high as always on these things though.

great player but he never dominated a season in the way shearer or henry did. there was never really a point in his time here in which you'd say he was the best in the league other than say 97-98. and the 2nd half of his time here he was in and out of the side, often looking as off the pace as shearer did in his later years with us. Henry had the playmaking and technical skills of berkgamp, made far more goals for others, and scored three times as many. yet for some reason people always have him below bergkamp.

Zola was fucking class man!

Overrated though by those over here. Couldn't hold a candle to others in his position for Italy in the same decade.

Overrated though by those over here. Couldn't hold a candle to others in his position for Italy in the same decade.

A good point actually. Never stamped his mark on international football in the same way Bergkamp did.

48. Kazimierz Deyna

A true football legend.A real shame that he wasn't allowed to play abroad until he was 31, damn communism  :angry:

41 goals in 97 matches for Poland, a terrific record for a midfielder.

Died at the age of 41 :(:

On the 1st of September 1989 in San Diego, his car crashed into a big truck. The boot opened and dozens of footballs fell out. Deyna was coming back from training for 10 year old boys that he had organised.