FourFourTwo's 100 Greatest Foreign Imports

Guest The Libertine

scraping the barrell down the bottom of that list aren't they? How the f*** is Cudicini so high? Poor

When he first joined Chelsea he was one if not the best keeper in the Prem at times.

Philippe Albert below Shaun f****** Goater!!!!!

Check out the Goats goal scoring record. Oh & take off your rose tinted glasses as well sunbeam.

He didnt score many in the Prem to be fair.

If this list does anything it does somewhat dent the argument that the Premier League would be massively reduced in quality if teams were limited to only 5 foreigners. You could still fit ALL of these players - the best who have EVER played in our leagues - into it at the same time, yet would we have a significantly lesser league if we lost half of them?

Guest Geordiesned

Cantona is one of the most over rated players of all time

Beresford sited him as the hardest oppenent he ever played against at recent talk-in. Said he couldn't get anywhere near him.

Overall, some bizarre positioning of players. Ginola is quite low considering he was named PFA Player of the Year after leaving us.

15. Paolo Di Canio

16. George Robledo

Hmmm.

That's a fun game :D

44. Roy Wegerle

45. Sami Hyypia

You could play that game all day with this list, it's a farce...

44. Roy Wegerle

45. Sami Hyypia

Jesus Christ.

Philippe Albert below Shaun f****** Goater!!!!!

Check out the Goats goal scoring record. Oh & take off your rose tinted glasses as well sunbeam.

He didnt score many in the Prem to be fair.

It wasnt the 100 Greatest Prem Foreign Imports to be fair.

I think some people may missing the point of the list it is about greatest 100 & not the best 100 that is why Russell Latapy is ahead of a load of big names. Russell time at Hibs & to lesser extent Falkirk was huge, elsewhere below him in the list are players who won the Champions League.

Many of the positions look random. IMO Cantona was the best; he almost single handedly cost us the title - take a look at Manure's results at the end of that season (that's not even mentioning his goal up here) & you will see what I mean.

Schmeichel should always come out number 1 in any of these polls, as when he was here, how many others can lay claim to have been the greatest of all time in their position?

Schmeichel should always come out number 1 in any of these polls, as when he was here, how many others can lay claim to have been the greatest of all time in their position?

But at Man Utd he wasn't the best foreign player at that time as that was Cantona, I dont think his spell with Man City or Villa nudge him above Cantona.

Cantona is a strange one as I when think of various  best XI (Foreign, Premier League, players ever seen, etc) he would not be in them but I rate him the best player the Premier League player has ever had.

But at Man Utd he wasn't the best foreign player at that time as that was Cantona, I dont think his spell with Man City or Villa nudge him above Cantona.

Cantona is a strange one as I when think of various  best XI (Foreign, Premier League, players ever seen, etc) he would not be in them but I rate him the best player the Premier League player has ever had.

I'm not debating how influential and important Cantona was, he was absolutely brilliant. I know what you mean on your 2nd point though.

I think Cantona was a class player but he no way was the best foreign player...he very rarely played well in Europe.I would have Schmeichel ahead of him who pratically won the league for utd that night in St James by himself

I think Cantona was a class player but he no way was the best foreign player...he very rarely played well in Europe.I would have Schmeichel ahead of him who pratically won the league for utd that night in St James by himself

If your on about goalkeepers doing well in Europe Bruce Grobbelaar was a lot better than Peter the great.

• 2 years later...

Eric Cantona... I was not his fan since he evenhandedly took our primer league title out of his hands but things he said in this interview are very interesting

http://espn.go.com/sports/soccer/news/_/id/6134877/eric-cantona-sits-david-hirshey-talk-cosmos-all-things-football

DH: Zidane has since said that he's sorry for his cheap shot. Do you have any regrets about what you did at Selhurst Park?

EC: Yes, I regret not kicking him harder.  :mackems: We are not all saints. I know there are some players who take their image very seriously.