New purple away kit (out 24th July) - see OP

Incognito

Looks a bit glossy, ie shiny. Hope it isn't...

I think it's a good offer anyway. I'll buy it at some point anyhow so i think i'll go for it now. That Valencia game should be a good one.

Just your typical, bland, no imagination shirt that Ive come to expect from Newcastle United.

Total shite.

I wouldn't say our away shirts have lacked imagination. Some of them have been simple, aye but not 'bland' imo.

awful that, fair enough all one colour, but all they had to do was pick a decent colour

I'd prefer it to be a horrible ghastly colour that stood out on the pitch as opposed to the more anonymous light blue or white.

This must been the first time newcastle have purple. No a real newcastle away shirt is blue,yellow or some colours we have before.

This must been the first time newcastle have purple. No a real newcastle away shirt is blue,yellow or some colours we have before.

One of the most popular away strips of all time was half purple :lol:

was hoping for a more "darker" purple or maroonish color than this one...

who knows maybe the 3rd, which is silver will look better.

One of the most popular away strips of all time was half purple :lol:

Of course, but that purple looks more blue.

Guest Jungle Barry

For gods sake we always arse about with daft colours, can somebody not just tell adidas that we should be wearing royal blue (asics away kit 93-95 a personal favourite) or some combination of green and yellow when we have a clash.

Admittedly the maroon and blue hoops was pretty smart as an exception. My own personal away kit nightmare was that purple-ish number with the green and orange band down the side and the scratchy collar (i'd post a pic if i knew how)

absolutely shocking

For gods sake we always arse about with daft colours, can somebody not just tell adidas that we should be wearing royal blue (asics away kit 93-95 a personal favourite) or some combination of green and yellow when we have a clash.

Admittedly the maroon and blue hoops was pretty smart as an exception. My own personal away kit nightmare was that purple-ish number with the green and orange band down the side and the scratchy collar (i'd post a pic if i knew how)

absolutely shocking

that was hideous that one, with the sponsors logo to one side too. 97-98 i think.

http://img385.imageshack.us/img385/3789/footballshirt25871bc6.jpg

Guest cfhpantera27

absolutely shocking

that was hideous that one, with the sponsors logo to one side too. 97-98 i think.

http://img385.imageshack.us/img385/3789/footballshirt25871bc6.jpg

think that was the of the only tops i didn't buy in the 90s, bloody awful..  :nope:

i like the the look of the new purple one tho, something different..

whilst on the subject, in the past i felt the white and grey away tops we had were pointless as the only time we clashed with teams is when they wore mostly white!? what do them people at adidas be thinking?

Guest Jungle Barry

If was the person in charge of the kit designers at adidas whoever came to me with that would've got sacked on the spot.

As I recall we got spanked at leeds 4-1 wearing that monstrosity.