'Your all Time Newcastle XI '

cp40

Taylor? ???

Aye Taylor, yina, steven taylor who plays for newcastle united...

oh and i dont question half of other peoples choices. i meen someone put dyer, he mustve had 20 good games and thats it

Fair enough, but "all time" is a little over the top IMO. For the time being...  O0

i think your forgetting im 14  :razz: cant remember that much for defenders who were good so taylor/faye came in

McFaul

Nattrass  Woodgate  Albert  Pearce

Lee   Gascigne         Waddle

Beardsley

Shearer          Keegan

Subs  Given

MacDonald

Ferdinand

Ginola

]        Batty

Ive changed mine,fancy forgetting Keeg!!

Taylor? ???

oh and i dont question half of other peoples choices. i meen someone put dyer, he mustve had 20 good games and thats it

Kev is right, But i think he is being generous to Dyer ,to credit him with 20 good games.

given

nattrass  albert  venison  kennedy

gillespie  lee  beardsley  ginola

shearer  ferdinand

alternativly in a 4-3-3

given

nattrass  venison  albert  kennedy

lee      hamman  speed

macdonald  shearer  ferdinand.

this type of thread would be bed wettingly funny on ready to go........elliott,arnott,bridges,chislom,armstrong

Taylor? ???

Fair enough, but "all time" is a little over the top IMO. For the time being...  O0

i think your forgetting im 14  :razz: cant remember that much for defenders who were good so taylor/faye came in

I sincerely hope that, by the time you're 18, you'll have seen one or two central defenders who are better than Taylor.  ;)

NE5

If you read the post again, I didnt agree with you. Have a look at my selection in defence against yours.

Regarding Keegan, once he wins a trophy, I will believe he is a sucess. Until then, he is a good man manager and that is all.

And you know that I am right, but wont admit it.

Guest Phil K

Bernard ? ? ? ? ? ?

You serious ? :kasper:

Dyer. :lol:

Martins ahead of Bellamy.  mackems.gif mackems.gif

Bellamy - conned more supporters than he conned police it seems here.....scores against the makems and that great Feyenoord goal and he's a "great" ? ?  :doh:

Guest The Corner

I realise it is difficult to get Shearer & Supermac in the same side but for those off us who saw Supermac play - how do you leave him out?

Quite easily, really. There's only room for one centre forward, and Shearer was miles better. Beardsley would have been his ideal strike partner, and it's a shame they weren't together at their peak.

Supermac had pace and power, but not much finesse, as I recall.

I think Shearer and Ferdinand proved that statement wrong

NE5

If you read the post again, I didnt agree with you. Have a look at my selection in defence against yours.

Regarding Keegan, once he wins a trophy, I will believe he is a sucess. Until then, he is a good man manager and that is all.

Keegan is a very good manager so you're wrong but you're entitled to your opinion.

Bernard ? ? ? ? ? ?

Bellamy - conned more supporters than he conned police it seems here.....scores against the makems and that great Feyenoord goal and he's a "great" ? ?  :doh:

Bellamy and Robert were the difference between 11th and 4th within 12 months, I don't blame people for picking them, even if I didn't.

.........................McFaul........................  (Given)

Venison  Woodgate  Moncur  Kennedy  (Pearce/Natrass)

Solano..............Lee................Waddle

(Green/Speed/Jinxy Jim)

.....................Gascoine......................   

..........Beardsley................................    (Keegan)

.......................Shearer......................    (Ferdinand)

That was very difficult, when you start seeing all those names and remembering their abilities. Many on the fringe that don't really deserve to be fringe players.

Guest Jawesome

Given

Beye  Woodgate  Distin  Beresford

Solano              Lee              Ginola

Beardsley

Shearer  Ferdinand

Edit:  I'm not 65 years old, so I don't remember Alan Kennedy or Tony Green LoL.

NE5

http://www.newcastle-online.com/nufcforum/index.php?topic=49877.msg1200442#msg1200442

http://www.newcastle-online.com/nufcforum/index.php?topic=49877.msg1200433#msg1200433

mackems.gif

Bernard ? ? ? ? ? ?

nah, you're wrong Phil, he scored a lot more than that mate.

NE5

http://www.newcastle-online.com/nufcforum/index.php?topic=49877.msg1200442#msg1200442

http://www.newcastle-online.com/nufcforum/index.php?topic=49877.msg1200433#msg1200433

mackems.gif

Opening paragraph of that post  mackems.gif

http://www.newcastle-online.com/nufcforum/index.php?topic=52065.msg1288837#msg1288837

(I know I should know better)

NE5

mackems.gif

http://www.newcastle-online.com/nufcforum/index.php?topic=52065.msg1288837#msg1288837

indeed. I just knew that someone wouldn't notice that there is a big difference between ploughing through pages of posts, like baggy does on a fairly regular basis, and macca888 who has posted so little that I didn't even have to scroll down the first page.

And I also remember clearly him posting, as good old resident macca888 from Oz who knows all about the club from reading lundun journo's, is always good for a laugh especially when he trots out his Keegan "lost a 12 point lead" "failure" "tactically naive".......this from a person who thinks almost every manager other than Keegan is better than him despite only a handful actually matching him.

Even funnier, is he still hasn't learned his lesson, despite me trying to keep him right for years, since HTT ran howaythetoon in fact.

All you had to do was read properly ie the bit where I said "you've kept a low profile lately"............

NE5

mackems.gif

indeed. I just knew that someone wouldn't notice that there is a big difference between ploughing through pages of posts, like baggy does on a fairly regular basis, and macca888 who has posted so little that I didn't even have to scroll down the first page.

And I also remember clearly him posting, as good old resident macca888 from Oz who knows all about the club from reading lundun journo's, is always good for a laugh especially when he trots out his Keegan "lost a 12 point lead" "failure" "tactically naive".......this from a person who thinks almost every manager other than Keegan is better than him despite only a handful actually matching him.

Even funnier, is he still hasn't learned his lesson, despite me trying to keep him right for years, since HTT ran howaythetoon in fact.

All you had to do was read properly ie the bit where I said "you've kept a low profile lately"............

I just knew you'd know.......... ;)

That said I've enjoyed reading what you've posted in this thread.

Bernard was quality for us at one point imo.

Fucking amen. What left-backs have there been in my/Kev's/Jonny Hall's age? Beresford maybe? Robbie Elliott, Babayaro, Aaron Hughes, erm Stuart Pearce? Bernard ftw - he was mint.

Also, those who were slating my for putting Dyer in my team... who else should i put in there? Lee, Batty, Jenas, Acuna, Parker, Emre, Amdy Faye? I'm not putting Nicky Butt in there, no chance. Dyer was a good player; changed our season last year.

f****** amen. What left-backs have there been in my/Kev's/Jonny Hall's age? Beresford maybe? Robbie Elliott, Babayaro, Aaron Hughes, erm Stuart Pearce? Bernard ftw - he was mint.

Also, those who were slating my for putting Dyer in my team... who else should i put in there? Lee, Batty, Jenas, Acuna, Parker, Emre, Amdy Faye? I'm not putting Nicky Butt in there, no chance. Dyer was a good player; changed our season last year.

Right-back?

f****** amen. What left-backs have there been in my/Kev's/Jonny Hall's age? Beresford maybe? Robbie Elliott, Babayaro, Aaron Hughes, erm Stuart Pearce? Bernard ftw - he was mint.

Right-back?

That's precisely my point tbh, we've had no left-backs. He was more right-back than he was anything else, but he was fairly versatile across the back four.

(I quite liked Aaron Hughes btw, until Bobby left. He was a decent player.)

Right-back?

That's precisely my point tbh, we've had no left-backs. He was more right-back than he was anything else, but he was fairly versatile across the back four.

(I quite liked Aaron Hughes btw, until Bobby left. He was a decent player.)

Distin? Domi? Pistone?

Are you making a case for them, ie best left-back-wise, or just adding to the list of those that we've had...?

Just adding them to the list for you mate. O0

Domi being the best we've had since Beresford IMO, just the sort of attacking fullback Keegan wants now.