Other clubs' transfers

Dave

Sickens me how Sky seem to think Ronaldo is the best free kick taker in the world, when as far as I'm concerned, Juninho is miles ahead, I also remember Assuncao to be ridiculously dangerous from a dead-ball situation.

Personally, Everton are still in the same situation as last summer. Need a technically quality central midfielder in my view, and a pacy wide man. A nippy striker (Martins?  :yikes:) wouldn't go a miss either.

Not sure we need a striker that would cost a lot like Martins. A cheap, promising youngster would do me.

How would we keep Martins, Yak and Saha happy? Even if we played two up front you'd have to drop either Cahill or Fellaini which would be a problem.

Agree on the centre mid and wide player though. Moutinho was linked again the other day which would be great but I'm not sure how we'd afford that deal.

Sickens me how Sky seem to think Ronaldo is the best free kick taker in the world, when as far as I'm concerned, Juninho is miles ahead, I also remember Assuncao to be ridiculously dangerous from a dead-ball situation.

Personally, Everton are still in the same situation as last summer. Need a technically quality central midfielder in my view, and a pacy wide man. A nippy striker (Martins?  :yikes:) wouldn't go a miss either.

Not sure we need a striker that would cost a lot like Martins. A cheap, promising youngster would do me.

How would we keep Martins, Yak and Saha happy? Even if we played two up front you'd have to drop either Cahill or Fellaini which would be a problem.

Agree on the centre mid and wide player though. Moutinho was linked again the other day which would be great but I'm not sure how we'd afford that deal.

You see Saha as a first-teamer? I've got to say I'd ideally use him as an impact sub. Yeah, someone as expensive as Martins wouldn't be essential, but how much can Newcastle realistically ask for? A young quick striker that would get around a dozen from the bench/occasional starting role would be good enough probably. I don't think Anichebe/Vaughan are really gonna make it - albeit the latter has more promise I think, if he stays fit.

And I think in the long-term, we need to drop Cahill to move forward (from the first XI). We need to adapt to a slightly more technically sound style of play, whilst maintaining defensive resilience and general team spirit. I couldn't thank Cahill enough for what he's done for his in the past few years, but he is not the answer long-term. That said I'd still be happy to see him in a 4-4-1-1 formation. I'm just saying if we are to look at 4-4-2, he certainly isn't the answer.

I think we should have another go for Obinna; was very disappointed to not get him last year, for some dubious work permit-related reason.

Not a transfer, but promising news for Southampton fans (and football in general) if it actualises, an Irish consortium are a big step closer to rescuing Saints from the financial mire. Guesswork concludes that those behind the deal are either McManus and Magnier or Tom Anderson. Something will be announced tomorrow if they don't all of a sudden decide they don't like the look of the deal. Impeccable source btw, expect news tomorrow. (Not that any/many of you actually give a shit)

Genuine non-Spurs ITK info.

Got a bit more info, very encouraging. This Irish consortium have paid a 500k non-refundable deposit and should be announced as the 'preferred bidder' in the next 48-72 hours, if not tomorrow.

You see Saha as a first-teamer? I've got to say I'd ideally use him as an impact sub. Yeah, someone as expensive as Martins wouldn't be essential, but how much can Newcastle realistically ask for? A young quick striker that would get around a dozen from the bench/occasional starting role would be good enough probably. I don't think Anichebe/Vaughan are really gonna make it - albeit the latter has more promise I think, if he stays fit.

And I think in the long-term, we need to drop Cahill to move forward (from the first XI). We need to adapt to a slightly more technically sound style of play, whilst maintaining defensive resilience and general team spirit. I couldn't thank Cahill enough for what he's done for his in the past few years, but he is not the answer long-term. That said I'd still be happy to see him in a 4-4-1-1 formation. I'm just saying if we are to look at 4-4-2, he certainly isn't the answer.

I think we should have another go for Obinna; was very disappointed to not get him last year, for some dubious work permit-related reason.

I think Cahill has improved his passing a bit this season and personally I wouldn't ever drop him because his presence on the pitch is massive, he really drives the team on with his spirit & work rate. I think the stats back up how much we miss him when he's not there.

I wouldn't switch to 442 either.

It just does not work with our players and for me, that's been proven several times. I think we'd need an expensive overhaul of the squad to be as good a side in that formation as we are with a 451. The style of football has already improved in the last couple of seasons and I expect that will continue if Moyes is able to get Moutinho or someone of that ilk over the summer.

Got a bit more info, very encouraging. This Irish consortium have payed a 500k non-refundable deposit and should be announced as the 'preferred bidder' in the next 48-72 hours, if not tomorrow.

I hope that works out. Don't mind Southampton, they definitely deserve to be higher than the 3rd tier.

Guest Roger Kint

Was just having a laugh at one of those transfer rumour sites. Came across this classic from a mackem!

Sunderland AFC Rumours

Thanks to ellis 200 million cas investment expect some big changes at the SOL here are the rumours I've heard so far.

Ins

– Aidan McGeady

– Fabian Delph

– Jermaine Beckford

– Vengoor of Hesselink

– Stuart Downing

– Julio Arca

– Jermaine Penant

This team with Strachen or Bilic at the helm will provide a steady 11 place.

Dave the Rave

:kinnear:

Was just having a laugh at one of those transfer rumour sites. Came across this classic from a mackem!

Sunderland AFC Rumours

Thanks to ellis 200 million cas investment expect some big changes at the SOL here are the rumours I've heard so far.

Ins

– Aidan McGeady

– Fabian Delph

– Jermaine Beckford

– Vengoor of Hesselink

– Stuart Downing

– Julio Arca

– Jermaine Penant

Dave the Rave

If they are going to spend £200m on that shower of shit :kinnear: would do well to send Big Niall his CV. We'll let him have Nolan and Raylor for £7m each

Guest Heneage

Nathan Dyer signs for Swansea, 400k. A steal at that price.

So he's good ? Westamfan said he was shit, can't see I'd said anything more than the cup game against Fulham.

Sunderland AFC Rumours

Ins

– Aidan McGeady

– Fabian Delph

– Jermaine Beckford

– Vengoor of Hesselink

– Stuart Downing

– Julio Arca

– Jermaine Penant

Dave the Rave

If they are smart ( I said if). They'll invest in payers that are good with potential to develop, the likes of Sissoko of Toulouse Amrabaat of PSV etc then buy younger foreign players for their academy like us they've been shocking in producing their own youth.

So he's good ? Westamfan said he was shit, can't see I'd said anything more than the cup game against Fulham.

He is good. Done really well with Swansea this season. Often inconsistent, but Martinez has got a lot out of him, would be a very good signing for anyone at this level, esp. for that price.

Guest Roger Kint

So he's good ? Westamfan said he was s***, can't see I'd said anything more than the cup game against Fulham.

He is good. Done really well with Swansea this season. Often inconsistent, but Martinez has got a lot out of him, would be a very good signing for anyone at this level, esp. for that price.

From what i have seen quick and inconsistent is pretty fair judgement, by all accounts he can be very good though so £400k is hardly a gamble.

Got a bit more info, very encouraging. This Irish consortium have paid a 500k non-refundable deposit and should be announced as the 'preferred bidder' in the next 48-72 hours, if not tomorrow.

They appear to have stumbled, staff and players not paid this month, dark times indeed.

So he's good ? Westamfan said he was s***, can't see I'd said anything more than the cup game against Fulham.

From what i have seen quick and inconsistent is pretty fair judgement, by all accounts he can be very good though so £400k is hardly a gamble.

Scored a cracker against Cardiff at the onion park and another against Portsmouth in the cup. Very quick but like a lot of wingers can go missing.

We are also after Anderson from Liverpool, with both these players we could expect some very good times.

Word is we've nipped in and agreed a deal with Toulouse for André-Pierre Gignac.

I hope so, we need options up front.

Never seen him play but I think he was top scorer in France last year.

Really come on this season after being absolutely terrible last season (not totally his fault as Toulouse were garbage last year). On his form this year he'd be a good buy for anyone. Good runner, strong on the ball, and has a great shot on him. How much money do Villa have to spend though? He's signifcantly better and younger than Elmander was. And he wasn't cheap.

Martins would be a better fit for Everton than Obinna (better of in Italy or Spain) imo. Really think he could provide something your team doesn't have and unlike Newcastle, if he's playing s*** you have the squad depth to place him on the bench, put in another striker or revert to 4-5-1. Wouldn't have to be the main man either, which is good for weakminded players like him. Probaly available at a knockdown price as well. :no:

Brummie, couple Villa issues:

What's the situation with Barry? Is he likely to leave, and if so, what sort of price considering his contract is up next summer (I think)?

Where do you need strengthening? Imo it's right down the middle of the side. New central defender, central midfielder, and genuine goalscorer up front (that said if Carew can stay fit I'd fancy him to bag 15-20).

Guest Heneage

Cassano is a quality player, just very high maintenance. If he's happy, he's class. If not, he might as well not be playing at all.

Hilarious to watch him go mental though.

Sunderland release Yorke, Connolly, Arnau Riera, Darren Ward, Nick Colgan, and two youngsters (Hartley and McCardle)

Are these guys kitchen staff or something?

Guest Heneage

Sunderland release Yorke, Connolly, Arnau Riera, Darren Ward, Nick Colgan, and two youngsters (Hartley and McCardle)

Riera was once of Barcelona. Mixed reaction from Sunderland fans some say he was the quality they needed and should have been played others say he was a shit foreign import.

Riera was once of Barcelona. Mixed reaction from Sunderland fans some say he was the quality they needed and should have been played others say he was a shit foreign import.

So their Xisco?