Other clubs' transfers

Dave

I'm annoyed because he made that hoo haa about "I would only leave for CL football", but to be going to Man City, it can only be about money.

On the other hand, I've said on here for ages and ages that Barry goes missing for great chunks of the season, and has for as long as I can remember.

This season, Petrov alongside him has been much better and more consistent. Our central midfield doesn't work, something needs to change, and so long as we rape Man City on the price and get a good deal (I like the look of Sturridge), I'm not really that bothered.

Football is really dying though, with people like that crew at Man City. I bet they've offered him 150k a week or something absurd.

I bet you'll try until the last day of the transfer window to get Sturridge, then at the last minute fail but sell Barry to them anyway.

For £5m.

Paid next summer.

I'm annoyed because he made that hoo haa about "I would only leave for CL football", but to be going to Man City, it can only be about money.

On the other hand, I've said on here for ages and ages that Barry goes missing for great chunks of the season, and has for as long as I can remember.

This season, Petrov alongside him has been much better and more consistent. Our central midfield doesn't work, something needs to change, and so long as we rape Man City on the price and get a good deal (I like the look of Sturridge), I'm not really that bothered.

Football is really dying though, with people like that crew at Man City. I bet they've offered him 150k a week or something absurd.

I bet you'll try until the last day of the transfer window to get Sturridge, then at the last minute fail but sell Barry to them anyway.

For £5m.

Paid next summer.

I dont think anyone in football can be that stupid... ooooh

Just like Beye and Faye

Or Rozehnal, Cacapa, Geremi, Smith, Barton.

We didn't lose any money on Rozenhal, Cacapa and Geremi were free and Barton remains our best midfielder, he's been robbed of this season mostly because of injury. Smith i'll give you, horrible signing

Just on transfer fees maybe, but wages have been astronomical. £2m sign on for Geremi too iirc. I didn't include Viduka as I think he's a talent, but no-one could say he's been worth his (reported) £70kpw. Barton's a decent player that has been a disaster and has to go down as such in terms of a signing.

One of his few decent signings (and his most expensive) he didn't even rate himself, and left to rot on the bench.

Just like Beye and Faye

We didn't lose any money on Rozenhal, Cacapa and Geremi were free and Barton remains our best midfielder, he's been robbed of this season mostly because of injury. Smith i'll give you, horrible signing

Just on transfer fees maybe, but wages have been astronomical. £2m sign on for Geremi too iirc. I didn't include Viduka as I think he's a talent, but no-one could say he's been worth his (reported) £70kpw. Barton's a decent player that has been a disaster and has to go down as such in terms of a signing.

One of his few decent signings (and his most expensive) he didn't even rate himself, and left to rot on the bench.

Did we really pay money for Geremi?

Laursen and Barry gone. Not great for Villa. They better hope Chelsea don't make a move for Young as has been speculated.

Provided O'Neill knows what he is doing in the transfer market they should be okay though.

They now need a top defender, a top midfielder and could do with another top striker.

The biggest issue for them right now is the loss of two huge personalities. They've lost their two biggest leaders which is always very difficult.

O'Neill has some serious work to do.

The biggest issue for them right now is the loss of two huge personalities. They've lost their two biggest leaders which is always very difficult.

Barry was never a leader. Any Villa fan will tell you that.

Laursen definitely was, though.

Barry had a lot of responsibility on the pitch though. A lot of your play went through him. I meant it more from that standpoint.

I would agree that Laursen was more of a leader though, definitely.

Any news on who you might be bringin in to replace either of them?

Good shit this is.

I like Man City trying to carve out a super team. As annoying as it is that this is necessary nowadays, at least it'll mess up the status quo at the top.. maybe.

Barry had a lot of responsibility on the pitch though. A lot of your play went through him. I meant it more from that standpoint.

Barry goes missing for games on end and always has done. When he's good, he's great, but the game bypasses him with far too much regularity.

Defour from Standard Liege is the rumour which has been around for a while.

No idea about Laursen. We really need an experienced CB there to bring the best out of Davies. To that end, someone like Scharner at Wigan would do a good job (assuming someone like Hangeland is not an option)

Bassong and Joey Barton :iamatwat:

Just like Beye and Faye

Did we really pay money for Geremi?

There was a lot of talk of £2m at the time, my recollection was that it'd gone down as a sign on bonus. Could well be wrong.

Good shit this is.

I like Man City trying to carve out a super team. As annoying as it is that this is necessary nowadays, at least it'll mess up the status quo at the top.. maybe.

They're buying the second tier of player though aren't they? Can't see them breaking the top 3 without making proper world-class signings. Robinho was arguably one, when he's on his game, but Barry is a step down from Lampard, Gerrard and the like.

Suppose it is a good start though, if they can get into the CL then they can go for the true big hitters.

Guest kingdawson

Barry isn't even that good imo. Carrick is a superior player, and i still remember season upon season of rubbish performances by him. Decent/good player but i don't buy into the hype he gets.

Btw if he does leave you lot for City, he's treated your club like a complete joke.

Good shit this is.

They're buying the second tier of player though aren't they? Can't see them breaking the top 3 without making proper world-class signings. Robinho was arguably one, when he's on his game, but Barry is a step down from Lampard, Gerrard and the like.

Suppose it is a good start though, if they can get into the CL then they can go for the true big hitters.

Yeah he's not quite a world beater, but they've gotta build the squad.

If they get in a world class centre back (or a ageing one..) and a world class out-and-out striker, they'll make for a very decent team.

Oh, and they should sign Buffon. Would be funny as fuck.

I don't see why he would go, other than money of course. Unless their transfer dealings are really spectacular, City have no more chance of cracking the big 4 than Villa at the moment.

This. The upstairs people are trying to sign global superstars... Hughes is signing decent Premiership players who will be surplus to requirements when they eventually get all those galactico type signings in.

They will never crack the top 4 whilst Mark Hughes is there, I promise it.

Guest neesy111

said he wanted champs league football and he's off to city who are not even in europe ffs

tells you everything about him

Guest kingdawson

said he wanted champs league football and he's off to city who are not even in europe ffs

tells you everything about him

He just took a major dump on Villa and not even had the decency to wipe his arse.