Other clubs' transfers

Dave

Guest Heneage

said he wanted champs league football and he's off to city who are not even in europe ffs

tells you everything about him

He just took a major dump on Villa and not even had the decency to wipe his arse.

How would he figuratively "Wipe his arse" in this situation?

its disgusting tbh. he always did seem like a nasty piece of business (in my eyes). and for £11million that seems like a bargain. how come the richest club in the world are getting given and barry on the cheap?? its stupid (although maybe its to counteract what they did with de jong!!)

Good s*** this is.

I like Man City trying to carve out a super team. As annoying as it is that this is necessary nowadays, at least it'll mess up the status quo at the top.. maybe.

Could so easily have been us, had Ashley been prepared to sell only a few months earlier, pisses me off really to see Man City with all that money.

Barry is just another money grabbing mercenary, Villa to City for fucks sake, there are no reasons outside of money as to why any player would take that step down. I bet ONeil is laughing all the way to the bank with this aswell.

Barry is just another money grabbing mercenary, Villa to City for f***s sake, there are no reasons outside of money as to why any player would take that step down. I bet ONeil is laughing all the way to the bank with this aswell.

Not sure it is a step down next season. With Man City's money no reason at all why they can't be pushing for CL themselves, I think it's more likely than Villa pushing for CL tbh. Got a feeling Villa peaked this season. They've got some good young players but not sure if they can hang onto them for too much longer.

Guest The Libertine

said he wanted champs league football and he's off to city who are not even in europe ffs

tells you everything about him

He just took a major dump on Villa and not even had the decency to wipe his arse.

How would he figuratively "Wipe his arse" in this situation?

go to a better team and not just go for the money.

Guest north shields lad

£12m apparently? Cheap IMO.

in his last 12 months or so? over priced

Some people are deluded about the attractiveness of going to Man City.

Everyone complains that money has made the Premier League uncompetitive with the top 4 being the same year in year out. It's a perfectly acceptable complaint. Anyway, Man City now have the kind of money available to help them break the top 4. Yet when this new money comes in, no-one seems to recognize the ambition that the club has, just the fact that they have money. Alot of clubs have this ambition of course, but the fact of the matter is they will never match their ambition due to the financial strength of the top teams. Man City now have an opportunity to build and to become a massive club, why do people not see this?

p.s. that doesn't mean G.Barry isn't in it for the money, but no-one ever considers that he could see Man City as a club with a much greater chance of achieving a top 4 place, as tbh Aston Villa aren't going to get there anytime soon.

Guest Geordiesned

Explain to me how this has been done outside of the transfer window?

It won't be officially ratified until the transfer window opens. He'll have signed a pre-contract agreement.

YES SIR!!!

Deals can be done outside the window, the players just cannot be registered and be eligible to play until the window opens.

Is it the start of a villa decline?

I cant see them getting the quality of Barry and Laursen in, and keeping Carew/Young/Gabby. Also i think it will be very hard for petrov without barry there.

It can all be agreed I believe. Just means he can't play for City until the window re-opens. And since the window will be open by the time pre-season starts then it's ok to go ahead. Similar to Modric to Spurs last season.

Guest Stephen927

Can't see why he would move to City, if I were in his shoes I'd rather stay at Villa with O'Neill and play European football next season.

£££££££££££££££££

Guest firetotheworks

I think City can do better tbh, but at the same time I can see why he's went. City are obviously going to get some pretty big time players to go alongside Robinho at some point.

I think City can do better tbh, but at the same time I can see why he's went. City are obviously going to get some pretty big time players to go alongside Robinho at some point.

Think they need to build a reputation first. Buying the best of British and becoming a force will attract better players in the future.

Snapping up the likes of Given, Barry, Bellamy, Bridge to give a solid experience core they can rely on in the premiership while landing the odd (or very odd in Robinho's case) big name player along the way is a good path to build the club up.

Still a few English based names out there they can bring in to build a 4th place team and knock Arsenal out of the running before they need to shop abroad. Glen Johnson would be another excellent signing for them, if they can steal Tevez and possible Adebayour (or those kind of players who's futures are up in the air) they'd be a massive club before long.

Guest toonlass

Can't see why he would move to City, if I were in his shoes I'd rather stay at Villa with O'Neill and play European football next season.

£££££££££££££££££

Same reason Given, Bridge and Bellamy etc went to city, they think they are going to be top 4 by the end of next season.

It's one thing the big guns unsettling and ultimately signing the best players from the rest but it's quite another when big clubs with European football (albeit until O'Neill bottles it again) to offer like Villa can't keep hold of their finest just because a club who finished below them start flashing the cash.

I'll miss being amongst the elite but I certainly won't miss the greed and predictability of the Premiership.