Other clubs' transfers

Dave

Glen Johnson has quality passing/crossing etc. Micah Richards does not.

Not sure i'd go that far but i think he does have a better attacking instinct than Richards. Johnsons improved alot since he's filled out physically.

Players like Glen Johnson are made or broken by the managers that sign them. Because of his raw attributes he has plenty of potential to be a very good right back.

If Benitez is signing him for 17m then that is a touch on the steep side but considering the market for Brits these days it's not surprising ... look at Milner.

IMO Benitez might iron out the defensive mistakes and turn him into one of the best in the country.

Right now he's already the best English RB in the country, but that's not praising his quality so much more the lack of rivals.

What happened to Micah Richards?

They are both very similar TBH, i reckon Richards will eventually become a centre half again.

Richards has far more potential in the tank but going through a tough spell, not really living up to the hype, but reckon he'll come back strong in a season or two.

Glenn Johnson has pretty much followed that exact path.

Players like Glen Johnson are made or broken by the managers that sign them. Because of his raw attributes he has plenty of potential to be a very good right back.

If Benitez is signing him for 17m then that is a touch on the steep side but considering the market for Brits these days it's not surprising ... look at Milner.

IMO Benitez might iron out the defensive mistakes and turn him into one of the best in the country.

Right now he's already the best English RB in the country, but that's not praising his quality so much more the lack of rivals.

What happened to Micah Richards?

They are both very similar TBH, i reckon Richards will eventually become a centre half again.

Richards has far more potential in the tank but going through a tough spell, not really living up to the hype, but reckon he'll come back strong in a season or two.

Glenn Johnson has pretty much followed that exact path.

Absolutely; just think Richards' starting point of ability eclipses Johnson's and i reckon he'll become a better player in time.

Right now though, Glen Johnson like it or not is England's best RB.

Guest Heneage

£6 Million for Dossena?!!!!

He is quite possibly one of the worst footballers in the PL.

Sorry but that's daft, he's a very good attacking fullback.

Everton make five million bid for Kyle Naughton.

Great move. Shame really, we wanted him. He is a step up on their current rightbacks.

Yep. I would be very happy if we signed the lad. He's better than what we've got right now and will be a star in the future.

I'm pretty confident he will be better value than Glen Johnson at £17m, that's for sure.

Guest Heneage

£17m for Glen Johnson.

The world's gone mad.

:sadnod:

When you think Shearer went for £15m just over ten years ago.

What would Bentley to Villa mean for James Milner?

I think despite his average season he's still better than him, so unless Ashley Young is leaving which would mean Milner on the left, could it mean him being out of the side?

Playing in the middle.

Must say I haven't seen Naughton play that much but from what I've seen, he could prove to be a real gem. Delighted we've targeted the right back spot straight away. £5m seems a fair price in today's market.