Other clubs' transfers

Dave

Spurs going for Vieira shows who's the smaller club in that rivalry.

Yes and league positions didn't show that already.

Well it also shows a massive lack of ambition.

Lack of ambition?  If there is anything that Spurs isn't, its lack of ambition.  They always backed their managers and they finished last season very well.

Vieira is a weird one, but so was Michael Owen.

Guest BooBoo

The most annoying thing aboyut City's megawealth is Mark Hughes' smugness. A complete arsehole of a player and a nowt flash manager who has spectacularly fallen on his feet.

It made me sick last year when he would constantly pander to Robinho, or "Robbie" as he dubbed him.

What the heck happened to Harry Redknapp?

If there is one thing you always felt he could do it was find a good young player from abroad rather than resort to bringing in someone washed up.

Especially a DM of all things?! That was his bread and butter at Portsmouth, the French or African DMs. Can't believe he has resorted to this.

He's gone to a club with a bit more expectations and he appears to be bottling it in the transfer market. He's only gone for sure things who have done it in the premier league since he went to Tottenham. Doing this every time in the market is not a good move at all.

I think you're wrong. What about Kanu, and his picking up of Premier League players who had done a job before like Davis, Pamarot, Mendes, Crouch, Defoe?

The thing is, we've actually got an alright squad. People like Benjani and Utaka were better than what he had at Portsmouth, and aren't necessarily better than what we have at Spurs. He's not bottling it at all, just finding it hard to attract players who are better than what we have because they're going to places that can offer European football next year or great big hulking wodges of cash.

So Santa Cruz may already be on the bench before the season starts? :lol:

Even if the likes of Bellamy, Tevez, Robinho drop into midfield they still have the likes of De Jong, Barry, Ireland, Kompany, Petrov and Wright-Phillips to find places for.

I can soon see it teeing off there, especially with a certain Mr Bellamy.

fyp

:lol:

So Santa Cruz may already be on the bench before the season starts? :lol:

Even if the likes of Bellamy, Tevez, Robinho drop into midfield they still have the likes of De Jong, Barry, Ireland, Kompany, Petrov and Wright-Phillips to find places for.

I can soon see it teeing off there, especially with a certain Mr Bellamy.

fyp

:lol:

Oh wait, I've actually just gotten that.

Originally thought you'd just slightly modified his post for no apparent reason. Would have been funnier that way.

So it seems Sheff Utd have been utter twats regarding Naughton. Now refusing to talk to us after Spurs offered £8m for him and Walker.

I can see a hatred of Sheff Utd solely based on this emerging  :aww:

Even more so if the lad makes the idiotic move to WHL.

If he does come to us, like he says he wants to, I'd have to give a large 'lol' in the direction of

a) Spurs: The amazing 'wheeler dealer' 'arry at the 'elm, who apparently would rather hijack another club's bid,

and b) Sheff Utd, for being dicks generally.

I've never liked Sheff Utd. Their fans are cunts.

Always quite liked Wednesday as well.

Same actually. Obviously was an outsiders POV but the whole Tevez saga bittered my perception of Sheff Utd.

Wednesday strike me as a club I'd quite like to see back in the PL.

Guest kingdawson

I've never liked Sheff Utd. Their fans are c***s.

Always quite liked Wednesday as well.

:thup: :thup: :thup:.

martin petrov would be worth going for if we just get our act together first. think his city days are numbered really.

Who is 'we'?

sorry, i meant the cockney mafia.

You mean Newcastle? Why on earth would an established Premier League and international footballer drop down to the fizzy pop league? :lol:

Guest kingdawson

Lack of ambition?  If there is anything that Spurs isn't, its lack of ambition.  They always backed their managers and they finished last season very well.

Vieira is a weird one, but so was Michael Owen.

It certainly is a weird signing but i also don't think it shows a lack of ambition, and neither does it show anything else for that matter except it being a ..........weird signing.

Guest kingdawson

What the heck happened to Harry Redknapp?

If there is one thing you always felt he could do it was find a good young player from abroad rather than resort to bringing in someone washed up.

Especially a DM of all things?! That was his bread and butter at Portsmouth, the French or African DMs. Can't believe he has resorted to this.

He's gone to a club with a bit more expectations and he appears to be bottling it in the transfer market. He's only gone for sure things who have done it in the premier league since he went to Tottenham. Doing this every time in the market is not a good move at all.

I'm very happy with everything Redknapp's done so far with the possible exception of the keane signing (and making him captain). Everything else has been spot on. We haven't got started in the transfer market yet so i'll reserve judgement until some concrete moves are made.

We're usually one of the teams that make there move first in transfer windows so it's a very unusual situation we find ourselves in now.

Nope - Tottenham spent 45 mill in January, Palacios, Defoe, Keane. Add Modric, Woodgate, new stadium.... scarcely "massive lack of ambition". No chance with the likes of Huntelaar, Dzeko etc. but Redknapp has a knack second to none when it comes to revitalising players who have good history

So it seems Sheff Utd have been utter twats regarding Naughton. Now refusing to talk to us after Spurs offered £8m for him and Walker.

If he does come to us, like he says he wants to, I'd have to give a large 'lol' in the direction of

a) Spurs: The amazing 'wheeler dealer' 'arry at the 'elm, who apparently would rather hijack another club's bid,

Why are they being dicks? Refusing a smaller bid?

They agreed a fee with us, but since Spurs came sniffing about, they've suddenly pulled out and are refusing to let Naughton speak to us, even though it's where he wants to go.

Guest kingdawson

They agreed a fee with us, but since Spurs came sniffing about, they've suddenly pulled out and are refusing to let Naughton speak to us, even though it's where he wants to go.

You lot should simply match our bid then. Isn't like 500k or a mill we're talking about here?. If you really want him, you'd match our bid.

You lot should simply match our bid then. Isn't like 500k or a mill we're talking about here?. If you really want him, you'd match our bid.

How many right backs have you got now? Greedy fuckers!  :razz: