Other clubs' transfers

Dave

They're going for experience back there I think. They've already got Davies, Cuellar and Knight. Just need a Laursen like for like.

Knight is off to Bolton.

Distin is signing today apparently, to replace Laursen, and I suspect someone like Onuoha won't want to be nominal fourth choice CB, he'll go somewhere he'll get more games.

Wonder if that means Cahill is off somewhere? (You shouldn't have let him go btw)

They're going for experience back there I think. They've already got Davies, Cuellar and Knight. Just need a Laursen like for like.

Knight is off to Bolton.

Distin is signing today apparently, to replace Laursen, and I suspect someone like Onuoha won't want to be nominal fourth choice CB, he'll go somewhere he'll get more games.

Wonder if that means Cahill is off somewhere? (You shouldn't have let him go btw)

Pretty much every single Villa fan you ask will agree with you on Cahill.

If we gave them 10m for him tomorrow, I'd be delighted.

I always thought the sale of Cahill was a weird one, he looked excellent in his final few months as a Villa player, very impressive.

He wanted more first team football, apparently. The crowd loved him, there was "One Gary Cahill" ringing out after we played Bolton at home last season, and the lad apparently had a tear in his eye as he came off.

Crowd were always going to have a bond with him after he scored that amazing goal at home against the knuckledraggers in O'Dreary's last season.

I always thought the sale of Cahill was a weird one, he looked excellent in his final few months as a Villa player, very impressive.

He wanted more first team football, apparently. The crowd loved him, there was "One Gary Cahill" ringing out after we played Bolton at home last season, and the lad apparently had a tear in his eye as he came off.

Crowd were always going to have a bond with him after he scored that amazing goal at home against the knuckledraggers in O'Dreary's last season.

I had a photo of that goal as my background for a while, it was just that amazing.

Blackburn Rovers ready to move for Alan Smith

Jul 16 2009 by Lee Ryder, Evening Chronicle

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/nufc/newcastle-united-news/2009/07/16/blackburn-rovers-ready-to-move-for-alan-smith-72703-24168082/

Business just picked up

Whatever you do, Alan. Don't you score for them. It'd break my heart.

Has he ever scored for us?

Millions of times.

Blackburn Rovers ready to move for Alan Smith

Jul 16 2009 by Lee Ryder, Evening Chronicle

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/nufc/newcastle-united-news/2009/07/16/blackburn-rovers-ready-to-move-for-alan-smith-72703-24168082/

Business just picked up

Whatever you do, Alan. Don't you score for them. It'd break my heart.

Has he ever scored for us?

i think only in the friendly against sampdoria (his first game)

Wasnt it Juventus?

Andy Carroll.

And Albert Luque. Juve must have been megashit.

Luque scored from near the halfway line against Bristol City yesterday.  :lol: was on SSN this morning.

Knight is off to Bolton.

Onouha is arguably better than any of Distin/Davies/Cuellar imo.

He was easily one of City's best players when he got a run of games at centre half in the second half of the season. Impressive, no nonsense-style centre half. The type I could see doing well alongside Curtis Davies actually.

No doubt he will get lost amongst the big money buys at City though before going elsewhere and doing great.