Other clubs' transfers

Dave

Summer 2003, Chelsea bought Johnson £6M, Bridge £7M, Duff £17M, Geremi undisclosed, Cole 6.6M, Veron £15M, Mutu £15M, Smertin £3.45M, Crespo £17M, Makalele £16M. Oh, and Neil Sullivan on a free. In contrast, Newcastle bought in Lee Bowyer, for free. Did Chelsea really do it the right way - exactly how different from Man City were they?

Whereas a club like Spurs spend similar amounts in a similar time period on the likes of Woodgate, Hutton, Modric, dos Santos, Corluka, Keane, Defoe, Chimbonda, etc. and feck all is said.

They didn't really spend much though, did they? Berbs £30m, Keane £20m, Sunderland trio £way too much. It wasn't until January this year when they outspent Citeh that they really went mental for the first time. Co-incidentally their first transfer window with a great wheeler dealer at the helm...

Guest toonlass

The legend that is Noel Gallagher with some more wide words. :lol:

GALLAGHER: I DON`T WANT TERRY AT CITY

Oasis guitarist Noel Gallagher has exclusively told F365 that he doesn't want Man City to sign John Terry because he's a Cockney cry baby.

City might be willing to shell out £30m for the England captain but massive fan Gallagher would rather they signed Joleon Lescott.

"I don't like John Terry and I never have," Gallagher told F365. "He's got funny eyes and he's a cry baby.

"He's also a Cockney and he'd absolutely be coming just for the money."

Gallagher would also pass on a move for Emmenual Adebayor, saying: "I hope it falls through.

"I have always had a great dislike for Adebayor. I don't like all that silly dancing by the corner flag - I prefer a swift handshake and back to the game.

"We've got Roque Santa Cruz who can do a job in the same position."

When asked which footballer Mark Hughes should target next, Gallagher said pragmatically: "Joleon Lescott - he's a good centre half who's getting better. Either him or Matty Upson would do for me."

What a cock Noel Gallagher is.

It is not confirmed so relax, as it stands now Inter and Barcelona has agreed and it is now up to Zlatan to decide.

Haha you're really hoping that Zlatan is so god damn in love with Inter that he stays? I think you may as well brush off your black suit now and get ready for some serious mourning.

What's happened to Hleb? Did Barca just sign him for £11m and not play him?

signed him and realised he was s***, aye.

Hleb is ****?  :mackems: Just because he can't get in Barca's team?  I'm sure Ryan Taylor would keep him out of our first team if he ever cam here as well.

It is not confirmed so relax, as it stands now Inter and Barcelona has agreed and it is now up to Zlatan to decide.

I can't see why Ibrahimovic would choose Inter over Barcelona so it looks like it'll happen.

Hleb is ****?  :mackems: Just because he can't get in Barca's team?  I'm sure Ryan Taylor would keep him out of our first team if he ever cam here as well.

In this context, when I say Hleb is shit, I mean he is overrated. Way way way too overrated.

In this context, when I say Hleb is s***, I mean he is overrated. Way way way too overrated.

Probably, but he should do well in Serie A though.

Man Utd sign Mame Diouf from Molde. Top scorer in the Norwegian league, but still a very strange signing. Will go back on loan to finish the season in Norway and then join Man Utd in January 2010.

:dowie:

BUT FERGIE SAID HE WASN'T SIGNING ANYONE ELSE!!!!111!11!!!!

Man Utd sign Mame Diouf from Molde. Top scorer in the Norwegian league, but still a very strange signing. Will go back on loan to finish the season in Norway and then join Man Utd in January 2010.

Fergie said he wasn't spending any more money.

Quit yo jibba-jabba.

FM legend.

“We signed a young player yesterday from Norway, who we’ve been looking at for two years,” Sir Alex Ferguson said. “We weren’t intending on signing anyone else after last week – we feel we have a full squad – but the situation accelerated to a point where other clubs started to make bids, so we had to decide whether we acted or didn’t act. We decided to act and he’ll be the last person we sign."

40m euros + Ibra for Eto'o, bit steep but probably a fair deal.

Silly me, for a minute I thought it was the other way around.

:kinnear: :kinnear: :kinnear: :kinnear: :kinnear: :kinnear: :kinnear: :kinnear: :kinnear: :kinnear: :kinnear: :kinnear:

The legend that is Noel Gallagher with some more wide words. :lol:

GALLAGHER: I DON`T WANT TERRY AT CITY

Oasis guitarist Noel Gallagher has exclusively told F365 that he doesn't want Man City to sign John Terry because he's a Cockney cry baby.

City might be willing to shell out £30m for the England captain but massive fan Gallagher would rather they signed Joleon Lescott.

"I don't like John Terry and I never have," Gallagher told F365. "He's got funny eyes and he's a cry baby.

"He's also a Cockney and he'd absolutely be coming just for the money."

Gallagher would also pass on a move for Emmenual Adebayor, saying: "I hope it falls through.

"I have always had a great dislike for Adebayor. I don't like all that silly dancing by the corner flag - I prefer a swift handshake and back to the game.

"We've got Roque Santa Cruz who can do a job in the same position."

When asked which footballer Mark Hughes should target next, Gallagher said pragmatically: "Joleon Lescott - he's a good centre half who's getting better. Either him or Matty Upson would do for me."

What a cock Noel Gallagher is.

I'm having to really bite my lip here!

Ibrahimovic to Barca for 40 mil + Etoo and Hleb

Deal done according to Swedish media. Strange move from Barcelona as Eto'o is more appropriate in their system with his runs and his one touch finishing. Zlatan is, in my opinion, a more skilled footballer and a better player individually, but not as functional as Eto'o. He's good on the ball and likes to create chances on his own. I think he might slow their tempo down. Could turn out fantastic though with him and Messi linking up.