Other clubs' transfers

Dave

Guest Alan Shearer 9

There is a family concern ivovled with Zlatan going to Barca, that's why i think this isn't a "done deal".

And my fan status with Zlatan has nothing to do with me thinking he would stay, there is just more to a footballers move then money and fame, especially when there is kids involved.

are you his child

There is a family concern ivovled with Zlatan going to Barca, that's why i think this isn't a "done deal".

And my fan status with Zlatan has nothing to do with me thinking he would stay, there is just more to a footballers move then money and fame, especially when there is kids involved.

are you his child

:lol:

Hutton's always looked quality, but I wouldn't be signing him until he's proved his fitness. Exactly the kind of signing that has got Newcastle in trouble over recent years.

Anyone can look quality in Scotland. Its the new Holland. Or is Holland the new Scotland?

Whoa hang on - some people actually think Barca have the best deal here?? Ibra is nowhere near as good at Eto'o and it sickens me that as well as giving away one of the best strikers in the world (along with Villa), they're shelling out 40m. Mourinho must be having a good hearty laugh right now.

It looks like it's 48M and not the 40 that was mentioned earlier...

If that's true the 'fee' technically can't be far off what Ronaldo went for and presumably more than the Kaka transfer.  I know it gets tricky with a player swap but Eto'o would have went for £20-25m and Hleb at least £5m despite how far his stock's fallen.

That's a cracking deal for Inter that, Christ.

Isnt the Hleb deal a season long loan?

Aha, if so I didn't realise.  Still though, canny money.

It might not be, thats just what I read. It does seem a bit mental though.

Laporta has confirmed in a press conference that it's up to the players now, and that the deal itself between Inter and Barcelona has been agreed.

Cant wait to see Ibra in spain. Im sure that Zlatan would love to leave for a team that will be serious challengers in the CL next year.

And he has admitted that he's very interested in a move there. WOuldn't surprise me though if Eto'o has other thoughts about going to Inter..

And Hleb will probably go there on loan for a season, but not confirmed yet IF he will go there or not.

Guest geordienorway

Manchester United have bought the Norwegian Premier League's top scorer, Mame Pate Diouf, from Molde FK for £4 Million. So much for "We're done buying players now".

Manchester United have bought the Norwegian Premier League's top scorer, Mame Pate Diouf, from Molde FK for £4 Million. So much for "We're done buying players now".

So what if I don't pay attention to the middle names of people playing for a shit club and moving to another shit club? :pow:

Summer 2003, Chelsea bought Johnson £6M, Bridge £7M, Duff £17M, Geremi undisclosed, Cole 6.6M, Veron £15M, Mutu £15M, Smertin £3.45M, Crespo £17M, Makalele £16M. Oh, and Neil Sullivan on a free. In contrast, Newcastle bought in Lee Bowyer, for free. Did Chelsea really do it the right way - exactly how different from Man City were they?

Whereas a club like Spurs spend similar amounts in a similar time period on the likes of Woodgate, Hutton, Modric, dos Santos, Corluka, Keane, Defoe, Chimbonda, etc. and feck all is said.

;D quite a lot's been said about it! Not quite the same scale though...and 30 million for Berba helped.

Guest sicko2ndbest

Summer 2003, Chelsea bought Johnson £6M, Bridge £7M, Duff £17M, Geremi undisclosed, Cole 6.6M, Veron £15M, Mutu £15M, Smertin £3.45M, Crespo £17M, Makalele £16M. Oh, and Neil Sullivan on a free. In contrast, Newcastle bought in Lee Bowyer, for free. Did Chelsea really do it the right way - exactly how different from Man City were they?

Whereas a club like Spurs spend similar amounts in a similar time period on the likes of Woodgate, Hutton, Modric, dos Santos, Corluka, Keane, Defoe, Chimbonda, etc. and feck all is said.

;D quite a lot's been said about it! Not quite the same scale though...and 30 million for Berba helped.

30 mil Berba, 16 mil Keane, 12 Mil Defoe, 9 mil Zokora. Their buying/selling/wage structure poicy is in a different league to ours

So what if I don't pay attention to the middle names of people playing for a shit club and moving to another shit club? :pow:

I rate M. B. Diouf as a player in the norwegian TL, but cannot see him as one of uniteds strikers. He is far too inconsistent.

Does anyone know of a website that has a list of the transfers that have happened since the end of last season? I'm updating my FM 2007 database before FM2010 comes out and would really appreciate it if anyone knows of something like that. :)

Just been looking at the transfers so far in the "League that no lo nger matters to me" and I have missed quote a few transfers in this time of depression. I have hardly looked at transfers because we have "opted out" this summer(although you could say we have done that the last 3). Few things I have noticed

Strange transfers

Jermaine Pennant - real zaragoza

Darius Vassel - Ankaragucu

- With santa cruz, tevez and fuck knows who else how many strikers are man shitty planning to play next season. What the bet they still finish mid table

- Noticed Martinez bough gomez that he had at swansea and Scotland from swansea. Think Martinez will do well there

-Portsmouth look fucked having lost so many players and only signing moekena

-Chelsea made a couple of strange signings in sturridge and turnbull. Maybe they are changing their transfer stance and playing it cheap mostly

-There are a lot of outgoings and it really looks like noone has any money except for shitty city. Villa look like they are just balancing the books. one out for 12 mil one in

- Oneill has once again bought british and I think villa are never going to hit top four until he breaks his stance and brings in a few more of the foreign variety. I know he bought carew and petrov. But can't think of many more.