Other clubs' transfers

Dave

If Pompey's takeover drags on much longer, they're as nailed on to go down as Hull are. Rubbish manager, players are leaving (Johnson, Crouch, Campbell, Distin etc) and they hardly set the world alight last season.

They have completed the takeover today...

Without any real backers...

Middlesbrough are in talks with striker Leroy Lita, who was released by Reading at the end of last season. (Daily Mirror)

:(

I think he has to be the one professional footballer I would hate to see playing for us. He's lazy and has a shite attitude.

He used to live where I do and he comes down on occassion with loads of people round him, burning notes in clubs etc.

Guest kingdawson

We've officially signed the Sheffield United duo (you know the ones that didn't want to join us and were dying to join Everton).

http://www.tottenhamhotspur.com/news/articles/dealagreedforsheffieldunitedduo220709.html

They must have been won over by looking at the effect joining Spurs has had on other promising full backs.

;)

I think that's what it was. They saw Corluka's performances last season and thought 'wow wish we could play like that'. Moyes then showed them the performance of Tony Hibbert and it was a done deal from then on.

We've officially signed the Sheffield United duo (you know the ones that didn't want to join us and were dying to join Everton).

http://www.tottenhamhotspur.com/news/articles/dealagreedforsheffieldunitedduo220709.html

They must have been won over by looking at the effect joining Spurs has had on other promising full backs.

;)

I think that's what it was. They saw Corluka's performances last season and thought 'wow wish we could play like that'. Moyes then showed them the performance of Tony Hibbert and it was a done deal from then on.

What about Hutton,Bale and Assou-Ekotto? Don't they count?

Guest kingdawson

;)

What about Hutton,Bale and Assou-Ekotto? Don't they count?

You mean the same Assou-ekotto that was probably our best player last season?. He was superb tbh. Hutton's been injured so can't really judge his performances (hopefully Moyes will splash the cash on him) and Bale was outstanding in his first season at lm. Last season he was garbage though so the jury's still out.

Guest kingdawson

Who's your first choice pair upfront kingdawson?

Really unsure mate. Pav i don't really rate, keane the same (altough he actually brings something to the table sometimes) and Bent can't play in a 2 man strike force.

I think it's a given a new striker will be brought it (most probably Crouch who i'd be happy with) so i prefer Defoe and the new striker to be the starting partnership for next season.

Dan i know it wasn't a piss take and the answers no :thup:.

Silly, Silly, Decision!

I don't understand why a player would do it  :idiot2:

It's not silly at all. They'll probably be getting more money and they're in London zomfg!

People sometimes question a lack of English talent coming through.... decisions like this to go to a graveyard instead of a place where Championship players consistently succeed don't help.

We didn't have a second bid accepted so.. yeah. Naughton was always going to Spurs from that point on unless he kicked up a fuss and went against his club & agent who stood to make more out of a transfer there.

I'm glad we didn't cave in and offer daft money just because saggyface acts like transfers are done with Monopoly money. See Portsmouth & West Ham for details.

Not convinced we ever wanted Walker. I would have really liked Naughton here but I'm sure we'll manage.

Selling Adebayor might just come back to kick Wenger in the bollocks come May. If City click then they could pip the Arse for 4th and his goals might be the difference.  

Possibly. At the same time though, £25m for a striker who was constantly f***ing things up for them is great business, so imo there'll be more chance that he'll go there and negatively affect their playing style and overall effectiveness without scoring enough goals to compensate. It's almost two birds with one stone - possibly weaken your opposition and definitely strengthen your own team.

Arsenal needed to get rid of Adebayor. He can score some good goals and is a handful in the air, but he's absolutely abysmal outside of those moments. He's like a goalscoring version of Ameobi - just imagine Shola scoring more goals but still being as frustrating, s*** and idiotic in general play as only Shola can be. Most teams might not care about that, but with Arsenal's intricate style of play and constant attempts to walk the ball into the net, he was far more of a hindrance than he was a help imo.

Selling Adebayor might just come back to kick Wenger in the bollocks come May. If City click then they could pip the Arse for 4th and his goals might be the difference.  

Possibly. At the same time though, £25m for a striker who was constantly f***ing things up for them is great business, so imo there'll be more chance that he'll go there and negatively affect their playing style and overall effectiveness without scoring enough goals to compensate. It's almost two birds with one stone - possibly weaken your opposition and definitely strengthen your own team.

Arsenal needed to get rid of Adebayor. He can score some good goals and is a handful in the air, but he's absolutely abysmal outside of those moments. He's like a goalscoring version of Ameobi - just imagine Shola scoring more goals but still being as frustrating, s*** and idiotic in general play as only Shola can be. Most teams might not care about that, but with Arsenal's intricate style of play and constant attempts to walk the ball into the net, he was far more of a hindrance than he was a help imo.

Spot on there.

He had his positives but they were outweighed majorly by his negatives!

You heard it here first BENDTNER WILL BE AWESOME NEXT SEASON.

Huntelaar signed for Stuttgart today.

He really f***ed his career up by joining Madrid mid season.

How do you figure this? He's gotten the hell out of that insane situation and has gone to a very decent club that will complete for a title next year as well as playing in the Champions League. If he plays well, he'll probaly have the option of going to a "huge" club. If anythin he's messed up by staying in the Erevedisie (wrong spelling) so long.