Other clubs' transfers

Dave

WBA could be signing German international David Odonkor from Real Betis for 1.5m

Remember him doing well for Germany in the world cup. few injury problems since then i believe

He was just all pace and nothing else.

WBA could be signing German international David Odonkor from Real Betis for 1.5m

Remember him doing well for Germany in the world cup. few injury problems since then i believe

He seriously has no other abilities at all. Can't pass, can't shoot, can't cross. One of the more useless players I've seen.

He seriously has no other abilities at all. Can't pass, can't shoot, can't cross. One of the more useless players I've seen.

Reminds me of Kerion Dyer every time i see him.

Nothing at all like Kieron Dyer.

apart from the fact they both used to be quick.

Why can't people recall just how crap Dyer was, couldn't pass, shoot or cross.  He used to dribble into a crowd of players and lose the ball.

Why can't people recall just how crap Dyer was, couldn't pass, shoot or cross.  He used to dribble into a crowd of players and lose the ball.

True. And how he used to spout off that he was Paul Scholes's England replacement.  Not good enough to lace his boots.

He was a decent passer over a short distance, and had quite good movement, off the ball running and was a good carrier of the ball. Suited our team under Sir Bobby perfect when he was at his peak which was only for about two years mind.

He was a decent passer over a short distance, and had quite good movement, off the ball running and was a good carrier of the ball. Suited our team under Sir Bobby perfect when he was at his peak which was only for about two years mind.

Absolutely agree. There were times when he was terrible but there were almost times when he seemed unplayable. He seemed to have a thing for Leeds, regularly played well against them. His through ball for Nobby in the 4-3 win was sexual.

Odonkor is just the German Lennon.

What?

Odonkor has hardly played for 2 years and his performances haven't exactly been good when he does play.. it looks like his career could be over sooner rather than later too, in comparison Lennon has been playing very well and is becoming a very fine winger.

What?

Odonkor has hardly played for 2 years and his performances haven't exactly been good when he does play.. it looks like his career could be over sooner rather than later too, in comparison Lennon has been playing very well and is becoming a very fine winger.

Do you just hoke through every thread looking for any excuse to disagree with someone..

I have no idea how good or bad this Odonkor is but it somes up the English game at the moment that a German International is available for £1.5m whereas someone like Bobby Zamora costs £5m.

Well it sums up the German game when Mario Gomez goes for £27m.

What?

Do you just hoke through every thread looking for any excuse to disagree with someone..

When i see something i don't agree - i will reply.  It's never personal,  in this case i believe Kezman made a pretty poor comparison and he acted like he was educated on the two players.. but i don't think he knew about Odonkor's situation... babatunde also pointed it out. 

Guest Heneage

I don't mean his situation I meant in his ability you clown.

He's fast with poor technical skills and shit crossing.  Much like Lennon.

He's fast with poor technical skills and s*** crossing.  Much like Lennon.

Except Lennon is excelling in a better league and when Odonkor does play he is just shit?  They must be so a like :lol:

Guest Heneage

Except Lennon is excelling in a better league and when Odonkor does play he is just s***?  They must be so a like :lol:

Is lennon a good crosser of the ball?

Is his technique the weakest element of his game? Answer me those.

Except Lennon is excelling in a better league and when Odonkor does play he is just s***?  They must be so a like :lol:

His crossing improved markedly last season to be fair. Still one of his weaknesses but he doesn't just swing a leg at the ball and hope for the best anymore. He also gets closer to goal on the touchline and looks to pull the ball back due to his pace / dribbling ability now which doesn't require such a difficult crossing technique.

I have no idea how good or bad this Odonkor is but it somes up the English game at the moment that a German International is available for £1.5m whereas someone like Bobby Zamora costs £5m.

Well it sums up the German game when Mario Gomez goes for £27m.

I don't know anything about him apart from the fact he was fucking terrible in the Euros...£27m :lol:

No not at all, he is a better crosser than you imagine, he is very good dribbler of the ball, great balance, fierce shot on him too.

Guest The German

First, David Odonkor was sold to Betis in 2006 for 6 Million Euros. He has played around 4 matches for them beein injured for 3!!! Years!!!

So he's just an absolut totally overrated twat, all he can is running, maybe faster then everyone else but he cant pass, cross or shoot. AT ALL!

Otherwise Mario Gomez is absolutly worth these 27 million pounds: In Bundesliga, DFB-Pokal and Champions League / Uefa Cup, National Team (No Friendlys!)

Season 08-09: 53 Matches | 39 Goals | 9 Assists (23 Years old)

Season 07-08: 41 Matches | 33 Goals | 5 Assists (22 Years old)

Season 06-07: 30 Matches | 16 Goals | 8 Assists (21 Years old)