Other clubs' transfers

Dave

I'd like to think Senderos was cover for Jags being out until November / Lescott leaving, and not an automatic starter.

:undecided:

Think he's Lescott replacement.

He's not hopeless, just clumsy, you never know a year training in Milan alongside Maldini and Milan's super defensive coaching regime might have sorted out a few areas for him, with Moyes now doing the rest. Lescott & Jag weren't great defenders when they arrived at Everton, Moyes knows his stuff, he reckons he can get the best out of him and i think he possibly could as well.

Tbh, once Jags is back, I wouldn't mind playing the 2 most in form from him, Senderos and Yobo. If I have faith in anyone improving Moyes, its him and his defensive team here, as seen with Lescott and Jagielka.

Still need a right back though, and that's not even considering any offensive additions.

Hold City to ransom over Lescott and then spend spend spend.

I'd like to think Senderos was cover for Jags being out until November / Lescott leaving, and not an automatic starter.

He's not hopeless, just clumsy, you never know a year training in Milan alongside Maldini and Milan's super defensive coaching regime might have sorted out a few areas for him, with Moyes now doing the rest. Lescott & Jag weren't great defenders when they arrived at Everton, Moyes knows his stuff, he reckons he can get the best out of him and i think he possibly could as well.

Tbh, once Jags is back, I wouldn't mind playing the 2 most in form from him, Senderos and Yobo. If I have faith in anyone improving Moyes, its him and his defensive team here, as seen with Lescott and Jagielka.

Still need a right back though, and that's not even considering any offensive additions.

Beye would be a good signing.

Had Jag and Lezzy in my dream team last season, gutted Jag is out till november, he's only £5m and he got 140+ pts.

If Senderos is £5m i might put him in, i've got Yobo in there ATM, really waiting to see what defensive changes Everton make. IS Baines over his injuries?

Had Jag and Lezzy in my dream team last season, gutted Jag is out till november, he's only £5m and he got 140+ pts.

If Senderos is £5m i might put him in, i've got Yobo in there ATM, really waiting to see what defensive changes Everton make. IS Baines over his injuries?

It seems Baines is over his injuries: from December-ish onwards he was great last year and one of the first on the teamsheet.

One of the key questions is where Neville will play - RB or in midfield. RB is more likely, purely because he's slightly better than the woeful Hibbert.

I wouldn't mind Senderos if he's not too expensive, £5m would be acceptable.

Very possibly therefore the back 4 vs Arsenal will be:

Neville----Senderos----Yobo----Baines

It seems Baines is over his injuries: from December-ish onwards he was great last year and one of the first on the teamsheet.

One of the key questions is where Neville will play - RB or in midfield. RB is more likely, purely because he's slightly better than the woeful Hibbert.

I wouldn't mind Senderos if he's not too expensive, £5m would be acceptable.

Very possibly therefore the back 4 vs Arsenal will be:

Neville----Senderos----Yobo----Baines

Good, Baines is reasonably priced as well in the FF. Neville got some serious points last season btw, just shows FF doesn't quite mirror real life.

Everton and Fulham are the best place to go defender shopping imo.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11827_5472045,00.html

"Salgado must now decide whether he would prefer to have the final year of that deal paid off or accept the offer of a testimonial."

I don't understand - why would any club pay off someone last year's deal in order to release a player immediately?

Unless the player is seriously disruptive to the squad ? (of whom Salgaldo isn't)

Guest sicko2ndbest

Alonso done deal

Am i before SSN

LIVERPOOL AGREE ALONSO DEAL

Paul Eaton 04 August 2009 

Liverpool Football Club this evening confirmed they had reached agreement for the sale of Xabi Alonso to Real Madrid, subject only to a medical. 

The terms of the deal will remain confidential and undisclosed.Official site

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11827_5472045,00.html

"Salgado must now decide whether he would prefer to have the final year of that deal paid off or accept the offer of a testimonial."

I don't understand - why would any club pay off someone last year's deal in order to release a player immediately?

Unless the player is seriously disruptive to the squad ? (of whom Salgaldo isn't)

Isn't that a common procedure! Why would any player agree to leave when he's on a good contract? That's pretty much our problem at the moment as well...Ashley would be releasing every single player if that's possible but for example Butt, Nolan and Smith all had to paid off about 75% of their remaning contracts to get them leave(which I doubt they would anyway)