Other clubs' transfers

Dave

Guest Roger Kint

Btw, its has been confirmed that the transfer window has been extended to the 1st of September, and will close at 5pm.

Just as well seeing as SSN have had a countdown til them for a few days ;D

Guest Stephen927

'Bout time Moyes stopped being so stubborn.

I applaud his approach, why should he let Man City bully him into selling Lescott?

I applaud his approach, why should he let Man City bully him into selling Lescott?

Moyes has been a twat about it after the initial part of it. I agree that we should have held out for more than the initial £15m, and I applauded him for not just letting a club like Man City think they can just get someone with a click of their fingers, but the whole 'Joleon is going nowhere' stuff was embarrassing. If only he had accepted this earlier, we may have had time to invest the money. But our snail-paced transfer activity, as usual, will see us waste yet another summer.

Because Lescott wants to leave.  Why play someone who is unhappy and doesn't wanna be there, all it's gonna do is unsettle and disrupt the team, which was evident against Arsenal.

Because Lescott wants to leave.  Why play someone who is unhappy and doesn't wanna be there, all it's gonna do is unsettle and disrupt the team, which was evident against Arsenal.

We'll never truly know how much it exactly impacted on the final score but it was a stupid decision to play him in the first place. Rodwell wasn't injured afaik.

sell the bugger (another typical moder day footballer, he is), he's not even worth 20m or whatever it is. I think Moyes would do wonders with that sort of money. Sell and re-build your team, you nugget.

£20m in today's market? Re-build the team?

We don't even need re-building tbh. All I ask is a couple of quality players who'll get us playing more incisively and more controlled.

sell the bugger (another typical moder day footballer, he is), he's not even worth 20m or whatever it is. I think Moyes would do wonders with that sort of money. Sell and re-build your team, you nugget.

We don't even need re-building tbh. All I ask is a couple of quality players who'll get us playing more incisively and more controlled.

I'm sure there's plenty of bargains about if you have got a good scouting system. We found bassong for half a million.

If a couple of players is what you're looking for, then surely the lescott money would help you get them.

I'm sure there's plenty of bargains about if you have got a good scouting system. We found bassong for half a million.

If a couple of players is what you're looking for, then surely the lescott money would help you get them.

It would. I'm not arguing that we shouldn't sell him.  :lol:

We should have got rid at least a week ago, ideally earlier but as I say I think we were right to squeeze more than 15 out of City. Moyes needs to concentrate on football and not coming out with such pointless statements as "I'm the one who makes the decisions here". Cringeworthy, David.

Guest Stephen927

Lescott should have been professional enough to put in a good shift for Everton. He is still contracted to Everton, Everton pay his wages during the negotiations with Man City, so why shouldn't he be up for selection. He was still training with the team in the build up to the opening game.