Other clubs' transfers

Dave

Guest Heneage

Freddy Adu mulling over Hull move  ;D

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,12876_5831714,00.html

Best mates with Altidore, not that surprising Adu wants to go there since Altidore wants to stay.

Aris of Greece want him too, having just signed Eddie Johnson.

He's not best mates with Adu, mind.

Didn't say he was. :lol:

Just thinking they wouldn't turn down another American to help each other settle, and he's obviously available.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1240613/Arsenal-legend-Patrick-Vieira-WILL-join-Manchester-City-week.html

I hope this isn't true, Arsenal need somebody like Veira at the moment now Song has gone and for a loan too! Ideal!

Vieira's finished man.

Why the fuck would he go there? Wenger would welcome him back with open arms.

I dunno, he's crocked isn't he, lots of injury problems the last couple of seasons i think!

It's just a pipe dream and living in the past!

He was on a downward spiral when Wenger sold him so I have no idea why you would want him back now.

It's just a pipe dream and living in the past!

I don't think there's 6 better teams then us BUT i do think there's 4 better. So no champions league for us this season imo.

I don't think you'll finish above Man City, they've got many more gears to go to after January. I don't think there's much between you and Aston Villa.

I agree, unfortunately. Was hoping that Hughes would stay. My main hope is that City's defence keeps its vaudeville traditions.

There's an awful lot between us and Villa in terms of the style of football we play, but their defensive set-up is very strong. It's a comparison between a counter-attacking style and a possession style and it's difficult to say which will come out on top. The game at Villa Park was indicative - Villa barely had a kick in the last hour, yet Friedel and Cuellar did really well to keep us out and we needed a dodgy goal to equalize.

You say counter attacking style, but that's too easy to fall back on. At times this season we've played very good football. At times we've played awful football. The difference is this year we're far less reliant on the counter attack, despite what you read in the lazy media.

Maybe you have more of the ball than we do, but what would worry me if i were a Spurs fan would be the familiar thing (of Spurs sides for every one of the 30 years I've been watching football) of seeing them have lots of possession but not really doing very much with it. The game against us was like that, in the second half you had all the ball, but Friedel didn't really have a great deal to do. A draw was about right, three points for you never really looked likely.

I watched your game at Old Trafford in the league cup, and you had almost all the possession - it was quite embarassing to watch at times for Man United - but you did nothing with it and ended up losing 2-0. We went to Old Trafford, took the game to them, and won, as we did at Liverpool and at home to Chelsea.

Bar Liverpool on the opening day and Man City, I can't really remember Spurs beating any of the stronger sides - you've done well against the weaker teams where they let you pass around them, but the results don't look that good against decent sides with a bit of resilience. That's where I think you'll struggle.

Our problem is the converse, we do well against decent sides, but struggle against dross (Wigan, Stoke, West Ham).

ahhhh, great days

On Revista de La Liga saying Maxi Rodriguez's fee to Liverpool will be £1.5m due to him having just 6 months left of his contract.

How the hell can Leeds justify asking for the same or even more for Beckford?

Because he is "young" and English.

Guest Roger Kint

On Revista de La Liga saying Maxi Rodriguez's fee to Liverpool will be £1.5m due to him having just 6 months left of his contract.

How the hell can Leeds justify asking for the same or even more for Beckford?

Cos they are knackered financially and his £80k+ a week is a serious drain for them?

According to Slovakian TV, goalkeeper Jan Mucha flew to London for a trial with Arsenal.

Would like to see a decent keeper come in, Almunia hasn't been as good as he was last season and the confidence in him, for me, has gone.

He recently (End of December) signed a contract extension with Legia and became (reportedly) the highest earner in the league!

According to Slovakian TV, goalkeeper Jan Mucha flew to London for a trial with Arsenal.

Would like to see a decent keeper come in, Almunia hasn't been as good as he was last season and the confidence in him, for me, has gone.

He recently (End of December) signed a contract extension with Legia and became (reportedly) the highest earner in the league!

come on now gash, what was the real source of that or are we to believe that you watch slovakian tele ? or was it SSN reporting what was on "bratislava at ten" and you want to sound exotic ?

come on now gash, what was the real source of that or are we to believe that you watch slovakian tele ? or was it SSN reporting what was on "bratislava at ten" and you want to sound exotic ?

An Arsenal blog reported the bolded bit.

I have barely grasped English never mind Slovak

I don't think there's 6 better teams then us BUT i do think there's 4 better. So no champions league for us this season imo.

I don't think you'll finish above Man City, they've got many more gears to go to after January. I don't think there's much between you and Aston Villa.

I agree, unfortunately. Was hoping that Hughes would stay. My main hope is that City's defence keeps its vaudeville traditions.

There's an awful lot between us and Villa in terms of the style of football we play, but their defensive set-up is very strong. It's a comparison between a counter-attacking style and a possession style and it's difficult to say which will come out on top. The game at Villa Park was indicative - Villa barely had a kick in the last hour, yet Friedel and Cuellar did really well to keep us out and we needed a dodgy goal to equalize.

You say counter attacking style, but that's too easy to fall back on. At times this season we've played very good football. At times we've played awful football. The difference is this year we're far less reliant on the counter attack, despite what you read in the lazy media.

Maybe you have more of the ball than we do, but what would worry me if i were a Spurs fan would be the familiar thing (of Spurs sides for every one of the 30 years I've been watching football) of seeing them have lots of possession but not really doing very much with it. The game against us was like that, in the second half you had all the ball, but Friedel didn't really have a great deal to do. A draw was about right, three points for you never really looked likely.

I watched your game at Old Trafford in the league cup, and you had almost all the possession - it was quite embarassing to watch at times for Man United - but you did nothing with it and ended up losing 2-0. We went to Old Trafford, took the game to them, and won, as we did at Liverpool and at home to Chelsea.

Bar Liverpool on the opening day and Man City, I can't really remember Spurs beating any of the stronger sides - you've done well against the weaker teams where they let you pass around them, but the results don't look that good against decent sides with a bit of resilience. That's where I think you'll struggle.

Our problem is the converse, we do well against decent sides, but struggle against dross (Wigan, Stoke, West Ham).

Agreed that you're less reliant on it this year (my wife is Villa so I like to wind her up and probably over-egg the pudding) but we still use very different styles and that was my point, not that ours is any more effective. We're both going to be there or thereabouts, and are both better than last year (both squad and team).

He has the potential to be a very good player if only Benetiz would give him a real run up front.

Rafa really is strange. Wouldn't even give Babel a chance upfront while they were missing Torres.

Pretty sure he would have done as good a job and likely even better than what N'Gog did.

Rafa really has messed him about completely. He still really young though so he should still be okay, but he really should be looking to get out of there.