Other clubs' transfers

Dave

I know everyone wanks over Barca, but the amount of money they splash out is sickening sometimes.

Yeah, the money spent on Valdes, Puyol, Xavi, Iniesta, Busquets, Messi, Bojan and Pedro was way ott.

If only they could build a team around youth products like Madrid or Chelsea.

35M on Dani Alves, 50M+Eto'o on Ibra, 25M on Chrygyrnsgyhychrchrynski, 25M on Henry, 20M on Milito. Alot for Keirrison too, 15M? Now a reported 50M for Villa and 30-40 for Fabregas?

That's all in recent times too. However, I understand the youth system is incredible, yes, but I'm sure alot of money is put into it (well spent, mind).

Your best players are from the youth academy, this outrageous spending on players isn't necessary, many of your big signings flop anyway.

Dani Alves & Pique aside, Barca's recent moves in the transfer market have been fairly disastorous. Not sure when Keita came in but he's done ok.

Guest Roger Kint

Spurs are already getting Sandro too aren't they?? Their squad will be outrageous next season  :weep:

Yeh Sandro is signed and sealed. Have never seen him play but comes with a lot of hype so we'll see.

on another forum,  Brazilian fans say he's kind of average.....no better than Lucas Leiva (coming fom Internacional fans) but he has does have some leadership qualities about him.

Heard the same from experts like Victery and Lowe is it? Whenever they are on TS. Neither seem to be fans of his.

Spurs are already getting Sandro too aren't they?? Their squad will be outrageous next season  :weep:

Yeh Sandro is signed and sealed. Have never seen him play but comes with a lot of hype so we'll see.

on another forum,  Brazilian fans say he's kind of average.....no better than Lucas Leiva (coming fom Internacional fans) but he has does have some leadership qualities about him.

Heard the same from experts like Victery and Lowe is it? Whenever they are on TS. Neither seem to be fans of his.

Heard he'd be pretty sueitd to the English game. Quite tall/strong.

Guest kingdawson

Turkish tv reporting we've signed Arda Turan for 5m and Dos Santos.

That's it for Bentley then?

I'd imagine so. Thing is, Redknapp was talking about how he'd want us to play 4-5-1 in the papers not that long ago. For that we'd need a new striker but i'm thinking he wants to introduce some sort of variation of the 4-5-1

-------------------------Huddlestone----------Palacios(sandro)----------------

---Lennon--------------------------Modric--------------------------------Arda--

----------------------------------------NEW----------------------------------------

Can't see Spurs not playing 4-4-2 at home. Can't see any of your strikers working as a lone man in 4-5-1 especially Defoe.

Yep none of our current strikers can play the lone striker role. Redknapp's already said he wants to make 1 mega signing so i'm guessing that will be a striker.

I also think you're spot on about 4-4-2 at home. I think he plans to go 4-5-1 against harder teams away. Actually, i've noticed you're pretty spot on about everything spurs related.

I'd imagine so. Thing is, Redknapp was talking about how he'd want us to play 4-5-1 in the papers not that long ago. For that we'd need a new striker but i'm thinking he wants to introduce some sort of variation of the 4-5-1

----------------------------------------NEW----------------------------------------

Can't see Spurs not playing 4-4-2 at home. Can't see any of your strikers working as a lone man in 4-5-1 especially Defoe.

Yep none of our current strikers can play the lone striker role. Redknapp's already said he wants to make 1 mega signing so i'm guessing that will be a striker.

I also think you're spot on about 4-4-2 at home. I think he plans to go 4-5-1 against harder teams away. Actually, i've noticed you're pretty spot on about everything spurs related.

I agree that 4-5-1 away is sensible against the big 3 and possibly Everton/Liverpool, despite being fairly formidible at home you're still a bit of a soft touch away and having another midfielder in there would probably make a bit of difference but it needs to be right kind. Not sure about Palacios, seems to have gone backward since his move from Wigan on what little i've seen of him this season so maybe Sandro can be that big destroyer type in midfield as it certainly won't be Huddlestone despite him being a v.good player.

Has there been any speculation linking Spurs with strikers? Only one i can think of off the top of my head who could fit in a 4-5-1 and maybe would move although he'd cost a fair wedge would be Dzeko. If Spurs are keeping Gudjohnsen they've already got 5 strikers on their books with Keane returning too although i imagine he'll be off so not sure where all these players are going to fit in. Guess if it doesn't happen it'll Crouch up by himself away which Redknapp did at Pompey a fair bit towards the end of his tenure without much success.

I know everyone wanks over Barca, but the amount of money they splash out is sickening sometimes.

Yeah, the money spent on Valdes, Puyol, Xavi, Iniesta, Busquets, Messi, Bojan and Pedro was way ott.

35M on Dani Alves, 50M+Eto'o on Ibra, 25M on Chrygyrnsgyhychrchrynski, 25M on Henry, 20M on Milito. Alot for Keirrison too, 15M? Now a reported 50M for Villa and 30-40 for Fabregas?

That's all in recent times too. However, I understand the youth system is incredible, yes, but I'm sure alot of money is put into it (well spent, mind).

Your best players are from the youth academy, this outrageous spending on players isn't necessary, many of your big signings flop anyway.

Dani Alves & Pique aside, Barca's recent moves in the transfer market have been fairly disastorous. Not sure when Keita came in but he's done ok.

A lot of this has to do with how competitive the squad is though. Bojan keeping Ibra out, Pedro coming through etc. I don't see many flaws with their transfer business because on the whole they have kept up an absolutely incredible standard of football for two years now. To add Villa and Fabregas to this squad would put it off the scale, I would spend as much as it takes.

Guest kingdawson

I agree that 4-5-1 away is sensible against the big 3 and possibly Everton/Liverpool, despite being fairly formidible at home you're still a bit of a soft touch away and having another midfielder in there would probably make a bit of difference but it needs to be right kind. Not sure about Palacios, seems to have gone backward since his move from Wigan on what little i've seen of him this season so maybe Sandro can be that big destroyer type in midfield as it certainly won't be Huddlestone despite him being a v.good player.

Has there been any speculation linking Spurs with strikers? Only one i can think of off the top of my head who could fit in a 4-5-1 and maybe would move although he'd cost a fair wedge would be Dzeko. If Spurs are keeping Gudjohnsen they've already got 5 strikers on their books with Keane returning too although i imagine he'll be off so not sure where all these players are going to fit in. Guess if it doesn't happen it'll Crouch up by himself away which Redknapp did at Pompey a fair bit towards the end of his tenure without much success.

We've been linked with Dzeko and Fabiano so far. I don't even think Fabiano can play the lone striker role that well anyway but i'd still want us to sign him. The perfect signing imo would be Freddie Kanoute returning but he's getting on a bit so not so sure Levy would spunk out a load of cash for a player with no resale value.

I actually can't think of a striker that would take us to the next level that would be willing to join us. I like player like Amauri and Toni but again, age. We've been linked with Cavani at Palermo but haven't seen enough of him. Hmmm maybe Gomis because he's out of favour....Gignac?...hmmm it's a hard one.

€35M on Dani Alves, €50M+Eto'o on Ibra, €25M on Chrygyrnsgyhychrchrynski, €25M on Henry, €20M on Milito. Alot for Keirrison too, €15M? Now a reported €50M for Villa and €30-40 for Fabregas?

bit of catch 22 there though, if you have 6-7 academy graduates who are all of a very high standard what do you do, not sign 'marquis' players on principle?  patch the squad up with cheap fillers and hope the academy lads can run the whole season?  niet

barca have it spot on imo...it's not like they're paying what they did for ibra and never gonna get any money back if they move him on, henry's the only example of that really and he was a good signing for them at the time

they probably pay over the odds but then so do all of the top clubs

man u are a good example this season of what happens when the ronaldos and tevezs of this world leave and get replaced with the machedas, owens and valencias...they fall short

The only player I really rate of the ones I listed is Dani Alves and even then it's too much for him. Bullied the other teams interested in him in that respect.

I basically don't understand why people get so uptight about Chelsea spending so much but don't bat an eyelid when Barca do it.

€35M on Dani Alves, €50M+Eto'o on Ibra, €25M on Chrygyrnsgyhychrchrynski, €25M on Henry, €20M on Milito. Alot for Keirrison too, €15M? Now a reported €50M for Villa and €30-40 for Fabregas?

bit of catch 22 there though, if you have 6-7 academy graduates who are all of a very high standard what do you do, not sign 'marquis' players on principle?  patch the squad up with cheap fillers and hope the academy lads can run the whole season?  niet

barca have it spot on imo...it's not like they're paying what they did for ibra and never gonna get any money back if they move him on, henry's the only example of that really and he was a good signing for them at the time

they probably pay over the odds but then so do all of the top clubs

man u are a good example this season of what happens when the ronaldos and tevezs of this world leave and get replaced with the machedas, owens and valencias...they fall short

The only player I really rate of the ones I listed is Dani Alves and even then it's too much for him. Bullied the other teams interested in him in that respect.

I basically don't understand why people get so uptight about Chelsea spending so much but don't bat an eyelid when Barca do it.

probably because as pointed out loads of times a large ammount (some would say the core) of the team have come through the ranks there. hoew many of chelseas first 11 and subs played youth team there ?

probably because as pointed out loads of times a large ammount (some would say the core) of the team have come through the ranks there. hoew many of chelseas first 11 and subs played youth team there ?

Not many, fair enough, but if you have a youth setup as affluent and expansive as Barca's you would expect that to happen.

Guest je85

Probably not the most exciting deal done today but Morten Gamst Pedersen's signed a deal for another 4 years.

Guest je85

Probably not the most exciting deal done today but Pederson's signed a deal for another 4 years.

Morten Gamst?

Sorry, yes. I should've put that in. Now edited.

Probably not the most exciting deal done today but Pederson's signed a deal for another 4 years.

Morten Gamst?

Sorry, yes. I should've put that in. Now edited.

It's been a while since he's been really good, though would have made a good squad place here. Shame, but I bet he's getting paid more than he's worth.

La Liga should be exciting next year now that Villa has gone to Barca.

1 Barcelona     38 31  6  1  98-24  99

2 Real Madrid   38 31  3  4 102-35  96

3 Valencia      38 21  8  9  59-40  71

And then imagine Valencia without Villa on top of that.

:facepalm:

SPL with worse players tbh.

Valencia should be able to by 2/3 high quality players with the Villa dosh. Won't make a difference as Real Madrid wil probably by 5/6 new players.

Guest geordienorway

We've been linked with Dzeko and Fabiano so far. I don't even think Fabiano can play the lone striker role that well anyway but i'd still want us to sign him. The perfect signing imo would be Freddie Kanoute returning but he's getting on a bit so not so sure Levy would spunk out a load of cash for a player with no resale value.

I actually can't think of a striker that would take us to the next level that would be willing to join us. I like player like Amauri and Toni but again, age. We've been linked with Cavani at Palermo but haven't seen enough of him. Hmmm maybe Gomis because he's out of favour....Gignac?...hmmm it's a hard one.

I think Cardozo would be perfect for you lot in a 4-5-1.

Those points totals for Barcelona/Real are incredible. Absolutely incredible.

I'm looking forward to the one-upmanship this summer:

Barca: We'll get Villa

Real: Well maybe we'll get Mourinho

Barca: Yeah? How does Fabregas sound to you?

Real: Not bad. But what about Silva.....

A few rumours:

Pienaar is stalling on signing a new deal and won't do anything until after the World Cup.

We're after Martin Petrov but his wage demands may be a bit much.

We're after Jan Vertonghen but Jol doesn't want to sell.

Make of those what you will, the only one I can see being truthful is, unfortunately, the first one.

One year left on it. He's either:

a) Putting himself in the shop window and looking to generate interest (more interest if you believe the rumours of Tottenham and Man Utd being interested in him already) on the biggest footballing stage (mind, not sure how much he can do with the team he's in), or;

b) We're not meeting his wage demands, rightfully or wrongly. I'd assume he'll want to be in line with the top earners at the club and he's got a point there.