Other clubs' transfers

Dave

Big Sam's sales pitch for Jason Roberts, I just love how desperate he looks to get rid of him :lol:

http://www.sportinglife.com/football/transfer_centre/story_get.cgi?STORY_NAME=soccer/10/08/13/SOCCER_Blackburn_Allardyce.html

"We both came to an agreement that a parting of the ways was the best way forward and I am very surprised that we haven't had the phone ringing," said the Rovers boss.

"He has a very good track record in the Premier League and there are not many of his type about.

"When everyone is talking about finding a striker here is a front man with vast experience and goalscoring ability yet no one is picking the phone up.

"I am staggered about that one but from our point of view we feel it is better if he moves on and we look elsewhere when he has gone.

"But I wouldn't envisage anyone not coming in and bidding for him before the end of the transfer window because there are not many players of his experience become available at this time of the year.

"He is a home-grown player as well and that is another factor coming into the equation now."

If thats the case then why dont you keep him at Blackburn you fat cunt?

(Allardyce not VI!!)

He's no better than Jones.

:spit:

He's nowhere near world class, but more than good enough for a mid-table Prem side. Would be an excellent signing tbh. Jones is more the level of a good Championship side.

How often have you watched him? He's got terrible composure infront of goal and a poor footballing brain.

Just because he scored a couple of pens at the WC doesn't make him a world beater. Would get about 7/8 a season in the Prem at the very most.

Probably about 10-11-ish times last season, I keep up with Rennes 'cause Tettey is there. And I'm in no way judging him by WC form.

Kaiz, man, take your avatar off. I'm sure I didn't actually read any writing on the previous page.

Guest Heneage

£90k to £20k I'd imagine is more likely.

Which is still massively more than Hooper is on (which incidently, I do know ;))

Really? He's not on like 15-20k?

I am surprised other clubs are not in for Fabiano. Maybe Marseille are playing games with us over Ben Arfa until they secure Fabiano?

maybe their president is just a thick fucker and hasnt a clue what hes doing

Leon Osman is an underrated player imo.

Yep. Even amongst some of our own fans.

He plays very well in the centre but doesn't get many games there because we've got the likes of Fellaini, Arteta & Cahill.

Still does a pretty good job on the right though, high workrate and gets his fair share of goals & assists every season. Just lacks that bit of pace and strength to be real quality. He'd probably suit Italy well tbf.

I've probably been overly harsh on Osman in the past (just a bit). :lol:

I don't know. He has a Jermaine Jenas "what does he do?" about him, but in the past year or 2 he has contributed more so I'm willing to keep with him. Don't see him as a starter though.

Guest kingdawson

Balotelli confirmed on 5 year contract.

Think he'll flop. Actually of all there signings, i have the most confidence in Boateng being a success over any of the other lot.

I think Yaya will be good too,agree about Balotelli though.

I think Man City will be top 3 this season and I also think Liverpool may scrape back into the top 4 leaving the North London duo short of a Champs League spot.

Even with keeping Cesc, Arsenal's transfer window has been quite horrid, particularly at the back. How can they start the league with that CB roster and still not having secured a reliable keeper is beyond me.