Other clubs' transfers

Dave

I'm actually thinking that Michael Bradley could turn out to be as good a move for us as any of the other three.

A good window, on the whole, showing the imagination that MON so often lacked. If he'd been here, I'd have bet every single thing I own that we'd have signed Robbie Keane. And not on a loan, on a big money, multi year contract.

Guest Loven11

2040: Up in Scotland, we are hearing that Rangers have signed El Hadji Diouf from Blackburn and defender Kyle Bartley on loan from Arsenal.

I'm actually thinking that Michael Bradley could turn out to be as good a move for us as any of the other three.

A good window, on the whole, showing the imagination that MON so often lacked. If he'd been here, I'd have bet every single thing I own that we'd have signed Robbie Keane. And not on a loan, on a big money, multi year contract.

Villa have got a decent looking squad these days. Just need to shore up the defence and a new keeper and you'll be back challenging for Europe next season I suspect.

Sometimes you have to laugh at Jim White.

"My Goodness, I wish I was at home watching this" :lol:

I wish he'd stop shouting. That poor lass next to him probably has to wear ear plugs.

Probably tossing him off under the table hence the excessive, uncontrolable shouting.

Bradley is a monster. You did well.

Been a mental window for Liverpool. Loads going on.

Gutting to think its going to improve them.

They've lost an absolutely world class striker in all this, though.

As a neutral, if you'd asked me if I would swap Torres for Carroll plus 15m, I'd have laughed in your face, not a chance, not a chance. Carroll might have lots of promise, but Christ Almighty, the seventh most expensive transfer ever? And losing a striker who'd walk into pretty much any team on the planet as part of the deal? Madness.

They've bought Suarez who has done very well in Holland, but there are a lot more Kezmans than there are Bergkamps.

Their net investment is also close to zero in all this, Babel + Torres = Carroll + Suarez

Been a mental window for Liverpool. Loads going on.

Gutting to think its going to improve them.

They've lost an absolutely world class striker in all this, though.

As a neutral, if you'd asked me if I would swap Torres for Carroll plus 15m, I'd have laughed in your face, not a chance, not a chance. Carroll might have lots of promise, but Christ Almighty, the seventh most expensive transfer ever? And losing a striker who'd walk into pretty much any team on the planet as part of the deal? Madness.

They've bought Suarez who has done very well in Holland, but there are a lot more Kezmans than there are Bergkamps.

Their net investment is also close to zero in all this, Babel + Torres = Carroll + Suarez

or alternatively they've ended their over-reliance on one striker who clearly wanted out of the club and replaced him with two strikers that potentially could be scoring a hell of a lot of goals

personally i think they've done very, very well out of it - when torres was injured they were always fucked, now at least they've got some viable backup

price doesn't matter in this, they're paying for potential in both cases so we'll not know for a while if they did the right thing

Real Madrid loaned 3 of their youth prospects to Halmstad.  :icon_scratch:

Halmstads manager is a apparently a young spanish guy who was the assistant to Malmö FF who won the league last season and he has apparently played for Reals youth teams and has great contact with them.

Not a bad move for the young guys or Halmstad.

Real Madrid loaned 3 of their youth prospects to Halmstad.  :icon_scratch:

I'm from Halmstad accually. They have a new spanish manager for this season who used to work for Espanyol. I'm guessing it's his contacs that has made these transfers possible.

Might just go to a couple of games this season just to see these guys...