Other clubs' transfers

Dave

Zera signs for Fulham

Always looked a good player to me.

Zoltan Gera isn't half bad either. ;)

Anyone know the price?

wasn't it a free?  He was out of contract, West Brom put an offer down and he must have rejected it.

Really good move for free then, didn't realise he was out of contract, bit shite for WBA.

Spurs very interested in signing Anton.  :thdn:

Jeez, I know Dawson is no great shakes but mini Ferdinand is signifantly worse imho.  He's quicker than Dawson but that's not surprising, everyone's quicker than Dawson! :kasper:

Jeez, I know Dawson is no great shakes but mini Ferdinand is signifantly worse imho.  He's quicker than Dawson but that's not surprising, everyone's quicker than Dawson! :kasper:

i hop its him and dawson when we play you!

dawson always has a holocaust against us, and anton is just plain bollocks

It gets worse.  Fella on the forum has been told that Anton has his medical later today.  I know he'd only be there to make up the squad numbers but even so, Ramos must see something in him, but I'm struggling to think what.  Ramos can prove me wrong but right now I'm seriously underwhelmed.

The better news is that a Spaniard will be having a medical at the same time, probably Diego Capel or Daniel Jarque, both are high on JR's wishlist.

It gets worse.  Fella on the forum has been told that Anton has his medical later today.  I know he'd only be there to make up the squad numbers but even so, Ramos must see something in him, but I'm struggling to think what.  Ramos can prove me wrong but right now I'm seriously underwhelmed.

The better news is that a Spaniard will be having a medical at the same time, probably Diego Capel or Daniel Jarque, both are high on JR's wishlist.

Isn't Jarque another centre back?

Anyway ... I know it's trendy to label Anton a crap player, but I'm not so sure he's as terrible as people make out. He is just a typical young , immature and cocky guy. I think he has abilty though, and in a more serious, structured and demanding setup I think he could still turn out to be a good player, especially as he becomes a little older and matures a bit. West Ham have been an absolute mess for a while now and it just seems the leadership from the managers has been poor.

Not sure if already mentioned but Ramsey has signed for Arsenal

Smart boy. If I had the ability at such a young age to pick between the top clubs in the country I wouldn't go anywhere else. He will get the best footballing education there and he will get to play a fair bit too if he does well.

Anyway ... I know it's trendy to label Anton a crap player, but I'm not so sure he's as terrible as people make out. He is just a typical young , immature and cocky guy. I think he has abilty though, and in a more serious, structured and demanding setup I think he could still turn out to be a good player, especially as he becomes a little older and matures a bit. West Ham have been an absolute mess for a while now and it just seems the leadership from the managers has been poor.

Yep, Jarque's a CB.  With Dawson, Rocha and Kaboul on their way out, the CB options would be King, Woody, Jarque and Ferdinand.  Not the best options in my view, though I do agree with your comments about West Ham.  They bring through good youngsters who do well then start to stagnate after a while.  The list of those that have moved on and given a fresh lease of life to their careers is almost endless.

A bit more disappointing news is that Jefferson Farfan says it was a straight choice between Spurs and Schalke before opting for the German club.  Shame, because I do rate him highly and the reported €10m was a bargain imho.

Yep, Jarque's a CB.  With Dawson, Rocha and Kaboul on their way out, the CB options would be King, Woody, Jarque and Ferdinand.  Not the best options in my view, though I do agree with your comments about West Ham.  They bring through good youngsters who do well then start to stagnate after a while.  The list of those that have moved on and given a fresh lease of life to their careers is almost endless.

A bit more disappointing news is that Jefferson Farfan says it was a straight choice between Spurs and Schalke before opting for the German club.  Shame, because I do rate him highly and the reported €10m was a bargain imho.

Disappointing for you maybe! I would have been livid if he signed for your lot as I am a big fan of his and I would have actually loved to see him at Newcastle to continue our good Peruvian relations. So thank God for Schalke.

:razz:

Samuel Eto'o has closed the door on a move to Tottenham, but is open to a move to Inter Milan. However, he stressed that he was under contract at Barcelona till 2010. He said "Tottenham, with no offence to the English fans, I want more." (loosely translated).

Guest optimistic nit

Yep, Jarque's a CB.  With Dawson, Rocha and Kaboul on their way out, the CB options would be King, Woody, Jarque and Ferdinand. 

so we can expect jarque and ferdinand to be your centreback partnership when we play each other then?

Guest shearer_united

A very good player!

On Sky Sports News:

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11095_3673653,00.html

Giovani dos Santos admits it is a 'dream' to move to Tottenham and believes the club are braced for a bright future.

The 19-year-old forward has finalised his move to Tottenham from Barcelona for an initial fee of £4.7million with the possibility of an added £3.9m depending on appearances.

The Mexican international insists he had no doubts about swapping the Catalan club for North London and is looking to play on a regular basis.

"It is a dream for me to come to a big club like Spurs," Giovani told Tottenham's official website.