Other clubs' transfers

Dave

deco to join chelsea according to bbc sport

So Lampards certainly gone then.

I'd be happy with that if i was a chelsea fan!

In the same way that Arsenal fans would be happy if Fabregas leaves?

Fucking hell, almost 3 days! Slacking off.

deco to join chelsea according to bbc sport

So Lampards certainly gone then.

I'd be happy with that if i was a chelsea fan!

In the same way that Arsenal fans would be happy if Fabregas leaves?

Not really, Fabregas, at 21, is already a far better player than Lampard & would be much harder to replace.

Muamba to Bolton!  :yikes:

Bit gutted tbh, I think he'd have been a shrewd buy for us. Ah well, fingers crossed we have someone better in mind.

He can't pass to save his life.

That's what a bluenose acquaintance of mine has been telling me the last 12 months. 5m is mental money.

Guest kingdawson

Bit gutted tbh, I think he'd have been a shrewd buy for us. Ah well, fingers crossed we have someone better in mind.

That's what a bluenose acquaintance of mine has been telling me the last 12 months. 5m is mental money.

Think it's a reasonable price myself. Well actually, £4 million would be the correct price for him.

Think it's a reasonable price myself. Well actually, £4 million would be the correct price for him.

:lol:

What differentiates between a £4m and £5m player?

Guest kingdawson

What differentiates between a £4m and £5m player?

Is that a trick question?

Think his correct value is £4 million, altough i think £5 million is a reasonable price to pay.

How about Joey Barton to Bolton?

http://www.morpethherald.co.uk/newcastleunited/Barton-won39t-take-pay-cut.4190731.jp

Barton won't take pay cut - agent

NEWCASTLE United's troubled midfielder Joey Barton may get a lifeline from Bolton Wanderers as his agent states the player will 'not' take a pay-cut'.

The Magpies have reportedly told the player, currently serving a six-month prison sentence, that he either takes a 50 per cent cut in pay or he will be looking for a new club.

But speaking to the Manchester Evening News, the ex-Manchester City player's agent said te offer had been rejected.

Agent Willie McKay said: "Joey won't be taking a pay-cut.

"I hope he soon gets his football career back on track with Newcastle."

Newcastle are believe to be making no further move on the issue until after Barton's next court appearance.

He is due back in court at the end of this month on a charge of alleged assault on former Man City team-mate Ousmane Dabo.

Now Bolton are one of several Premier League clubs who could be set to offer Barton a lifeline when he is released from prison.

Wanderers are hoping to secure a season-long loan deal.

Gary Megson has been linked with a shock move although such a deal could alienate large sections of Bolton's supporters.

While Wanderers' supporters would welcome Barton's playing ability, they might not want to have the club's reputation sullied because of his bad boy reputation.

Star trio set for Barca exit

Ronaldinho, Eto'o and Deco all poised to move on

New Barcelona coach Pep Guardiola says Ronaldinho, Samuel Eto'o and Deco are surplus to requirements at Camp Nou.

Guardiola, who has replaced Frank Rijkaard as Barca boss, admits he is not currently planning on having the star trio in his squad next season.

Ronaldinho is being chased by Manchester City, and has also been linked with a move to Chelsea following the appointment of former Brazil coach Luiz Felipe Scolari.

Portuguese midfielder Deco has also been tipped to join Scolari at Stamford Bridge, but is also being considered by new Internazionale boss Jose Mourinho.

Italian champions Inter and city rivals Milan have held an interest in Eto'o, with the Cameroon striker also a long-term target for several Premier League clubs.

Though Guardiola has not ruled out keeping the three attack-minded players next season, he is leaning towards creating a new-look squad.

Very high standard

"All the players in the squad last season appeared to me to be of a very high standard," Guardiola told reporters.

"With the technical secretary we are forming a new squad and Deco, Ronaldinho and Eto'o are not in our minds, but we will see how it goes.

"If Ronaldinho sincerely wants to be the player that he was again then he can be here. But the situation has deteriorated and the plan now is to create a strong squad."

Guardiola also revealed he will have the final say over who leaves or signs, despite technical secretary Txiki Beguiristain working away on potential arrivals.

No.9 needed

"We are looking for an out-and-out striker that can score 60 goals a season," he joked. "Well, we want a No.9, we need one to complement Henry and Bojan.

"We want three up there competing and some of the names in the papers have been very good.

"We know clearly who we want to sign and the names of those that will leave, but I am not going to say those names.

"In pre-season, six or seven players will come up from the B team and see how they do. I am the one who decides which players come and go, that is down to me."

C. Ronaldo to hand in a transfer request after the Euro's.

Where's that from fella?

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/football/premier_league/manchester_united/article4152494.ece

Cristiano Ronaldo to submit transfer request

Cristiano Ronaldo has confided to friends that he is prepared to do “whatever it takes” to engineer a transfer to Real Madrid this summer. Manchester United maintain that they will not sell their most prized asset under any circumstances, but Ronaldo is dismissive of his club's views and regards his planned world-record transfer to Real as an inevitability.

Ronaldo appeared almost ambivalent about his future when, in a statement on June 4, he suggested that he would be happy to stay at United if no fee was agreed with Real, but the depth of his determination to leave Old Trafford is now becoming clear.

A source close to the player said last night that he had made clear he would do everything in his power to persuade United to sell. That could mean anything from submitting a formal transfer request to refusing to report for pre-season training, but his next step will be to issue a further statement, outlining his intentions, as soon as Portugal's participation in the European Championship finals is over.

The end of the tournament a week on Sunday - or Portugal's elimination, if that happens first - will trigger an escalation in the battle for Ronaldo, with Real planning to make a formal offer of about £60million.

United maintain that they will not even consider negotiating with Real this summer, but Ronaldo appears unwilling to contemplate another season at Old Trafford.

Sir Alex Ferguson has been convinced that Ronaldo is merely flirting with Real in the hope of securing a lucrative new contract, but, even if United offered the forward a significant advance on the £120,000-a-week deal that he signed only 16 months ago - something that they maintain they will not do - he would, in his present state of mind, reject it. He has been seduced not only by the riches on offer in Madrid, but also by the idea of playing for Real, whom he considers a bigger club than United, and by the lifestyle he would enjoy in Spain, having never been effusive about life in Manchester.

Ronaldo will go on a three-week holiday immediately after Euro 2008 in the hope that a deal can be agreed while he is away, but, with United insistent that they will not sell, the likelihood remains that he will be required in Manchester for pre-season training in late July.

The news yesterday that Fifa, the world governing body, will take no action against Real came as a further blow. United complained to Fifa last week over a series of public statements apparently expressing interest in Ronaldo. “No breach of contract appears to have occurred yet,” Fifa said in a statement.

Regardless of Ronaldo's plans, Ferguson plans to strengthen the squad. A bid for Dimitar Berbatov, the Tottenham Hotspur forward, has been mooted, with Louis Saha likely to be sold or sent out on loan.