Other clubs' transfers

Dave

Carroll is frustrating because he does look like he has all the tools, but I get the feeling he's not really that arsed. Happy enough to just be a footballer and a bit of a minor celeb.

Made no effort with Preston and was mucking about when he was with England which got him sent home.

His attitude and approach seems to be the problem, and when this is the case it doesn't matter how talented you are it means nothing.

Not quite clever enough to be a Viduka, one of hte best things about Dukes is his ability to link up Owen and Martins.

I honestly can't think what you see in Viduka. I know we all see our own players in a more favourable light, but when I see Viduka, I just see one of the most immobile strikers I've ever seen.

Not quite clever enough to be a Viduka, one of hte best things about Dukes is his ability to link up Owen and Martins.

I honestly can't think what you see in Viduka. I know we all see our own players in a more favourable light, but when I see Viduka, I just see one of the most immobile strikers I've ever seen.

I think he's a fat lazy injured waste of good skin.

And yes, i do look at him favourably since he plays for us.

His ability to get around the park is a disgrace tbph. :nods:

He's a good footballer when he's got the ball and can make things happen but his reluctance to chase things boils my piss. :hmm:

What a w***** Adebayor is.

Why? What happened?

Said at a press conference he was staying at Arsenal.

Said to a SSN reporter straight afterwards (on camera) that his future was not yet decided, and he had a number of decisions still to make.

I'd be well f***ed off if I were an Arsenal fan.

What the hell Arsenal are playing at I will never know. Paid £6 million for him and we are hearing about bids upwards of £20 million and even £30 million.

Definitely have to sell him for that money. Wenger has the skill to replace him easily. Adebayor will not be the same player outside Arsenal and the premiership anyway.

on the ball he can be excellent, good vision, great brain, fantastic skill. he's also the best finisher at the club and the only player with the strength to hold the ball upfield (dont even mention Smith).

but yeah, off the ball his mobility is crap. hopefully we looking for someone out there as good as Viduka on the ball but with the improved mobility we need. sadly you have to look at expensive players like Berbatov for the whole package.

on the ball he can be excellent, good vision, great brain, fantastic skill. he's also the best finisher at the club and the only player with the strength to hold the ball upfield (dont even mention Smith).

but yeah, off the ball his mobility is crap. hopefully we looking for someone out there as good as Viduka on the ball but with the improved mobility we need. sadly you have to look at expensive players like Berbatov for the whole package.

But then that lot got him for, what, ten million? A relative snip.

Hopefully this is what Wise et al are aiming at, top players who aren't very well known. If there's any truth in rumour, that does seem to be the sort of thing we're looking at, which is good. Actually signing them's a different matter so far like.

Guest kingdawson

Really? I think Viduka was/is one of the best strikers around when on form. Cant think of many players in this league that have better close control on the ball then him tbh.

Guest Heneage

Really? I think Viduka was/is one of the best strikers around when on form. Cant think of many players in this league that have better close control on the ball then him tbh.

He's not a favourite player of mine Brummie. But I still think he has tremendous brain and really is a good player to have.

Viduka is top class on his day, no doubts.

Class, no doubt about it but his days are pretty rare nowadays...so much off the pace in PL. Would do great in a team with class wingers with great crossing ability though.

Inter: Lampard has signed

After succeeding in engaging Porto winger Ricardo Quaresma, Inter Milan have set another strike on the market; according to France Football, Frank Lampard has signed a few hours ago a four year deal with the italian club; the news item, anticipated one month ago by TMW, should be officialized in the next hours; the english midifelder will earn over 7 million Euros per year.

Inter: Lampard has signed

After succeeding in engaging Porto winger Ricardo Quaresma, Inter Milan have set another strike on the market; according to France Football, Frank Lampard has signed a few hours ago a four year deal with the italian club; the news item, anticipated one month ago by TMW, should be officialized in the next hours; the english midifelder will earn over 7 million Euros per year.

Didn't realise they were so close to signing him..

Apparantly the Gomes deal is completed. We paid 9 million Euros for him...

It's Voetbal International that are saying it's been completed, I would guess subject to a medical.  I'm more encouraged by an assortment of ITK's who are agreed that Gomes will be completed tomorrow or Saturday and, to quote one, "Robbo moving ever closer to Villa, could be done soon."

yup, i'd be more encouraged by the schizophrenic ramblings of a bunch of anonymous internet saddos who spin shite for the amusement of thick cretins, than i would be by reports from the oldest and most established football newspaper in the netherlands with a readership of almost a million a week.

Anyone seen Glenn Roeder's rant at ITK dick heads?

"Some of those that have hit the bar and post will go in the net and others will come back into play, but you are giving away a lot of clues to other clubs, because you haven't got the information from me, you have trawled the websites and you have your little moles here and your little ants there and the thing that never ceases to amaze me is how human beings who have a secret can't wait to tell someone.

“It is a real failing in human nature and the reason they do it is because they like to think they are big, they are important. 'I know something you don't. I'll tell you because you're jealous I know and you don't'. It's like kids innit? And indirectly it wounds you or can wound you."

Apparantly the Gomes deal is completed. We paid 9 million Euros for him...

It's Voetbal International that are saying it's been completed, I would guess subject to a medical.  I'm more encouraged by an assortment of ITK's who are agreed that Gomes will be completed tomorrow or Saturday and, to quote one, "Robbo moving ever closer to Villa, could be done soon."

yup, i'd be more encouraged by the schizophrenic ramblings of a bunch of anonymous internet saddos who spin s**** for the amusement of thick cretins, than i would be by reports from the oldest and most established football newspaper in the netherlands with a readership of almost a million a week.

Anyone seen Glenn Roeder's rant at ITK dick heads?

"Some of those that have hit the bar and post will go in the net and others will come back into play, but you are giving away a lot of clues to other clubs, because you haven't got the information from me, you have trawled the websites and you have your little moles here and your little ants there and the thing that never ceases to amaze me is how human beings who have a secret can't wait to tell someone.

“It is a real failing in human nature and the reason they do it is because they like to think they are big, they are important. 'I know something you don't. I'll tell you because you're jealous I know and you don't'. It's like kids innit? And indirectly it wounds you or can wound you."

By God, I've just seen a truly profound quote from Glenn Roeder.  :kasper: That's like seeing a great Alan Smith goal.

http://sites.gizoogle.com/index2.php?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.newcastle-online.com

Sir Bobby is currently spendin' chemotherapy fo` lung nigga - tha fifth tizzy he has had canca in his lifetime . Put ya mutha fuckin choppers up if ya feel this.. Regardless, he continues ta work fo` tha benefit of tha North East public.

The team at Newcastle-Online would like ta shot calla Sir Bobby our best wishes, n we would be grateful if you could offa yo support ta Sir Bobby Robson n all motherfucka gangsta patients by donat'n Here.

Clockin' through tha facts n bullshit is a lot of hassle so mah advice would be ta jizzust git out, enjoy tha Rappa n worry `bout who we have n haven’t signed when tha season kicks off but real niggaz don't give a fuck.

http://sites.gizoogle.com/index2.php?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.newcastle-online.com

Sir Bobby is currently spendin' chemotherapy fo` lung nigga - tha fifth tizzy he has had canca in his lifetime . Put ya mutha fuckin choppers up if ya feel this.. Regardless, he continues ta work fo` tha benefit of tha North East public.

The team at Newcastle-Online would like ta shot calla Sir Bobby our best wishes, n we would be grateful if you could offa yo support ta Sir Bobby Robson n all motherfucka gangsta patients by donat'n Here.

:lol: Aiiiii