Other clubs' transfers

Dave

Sell him now or lose him for nowt next season, we have had no return for what we paid for him and I do not think he will sign a new deal with us. Let him be Spuds problem, we can move for Gomis or Arshavin.

Sell him now or lose him for nowt next season, we have had no return for what we paid for him and I do not think he will sign a new deal with us. Let him be Spuds problem, we can move for Gomis or Arshavin.

anything above 10m and i'd agree...he'll get goals when he's fit but with owen the when is always an if

sneaky loan for saviola, flog owen and replace him with a big mobile fella and we're laughing

there i just did it, what're you waiting for dennis wise? ;)

The fee for Owen was rumoured at £12m.  :kasper:

Sorry like, if that was me in charge i'd be selling him asap.

He's shown he's a useful player, but he's getting paid twice as much as he's worth, and is always injured and has a year left and probably will leave for nowt anyway.

Sell him, bring in Saviola on loan, sounds great to me.

He's shown he's a useful player, but he's getting paid twice as much as he's worth, and is always injured and has a year left and probably will leave for nowt anyway.

Couldn't agree more...Use the owen money for a striker who can hold up the ball and bring other in to play...

Nice fee and a bit ago i'd probably be on your side, but we don't need to sell our (arguably) best player. There's be no point in selling him, especially to a direct rival. Fairly uneasy timescale to get in a replacement, when we debatably need another striker anyway.

Like is being said, id take the 12 personally and hopefully get Saviola on loan with a view to a permanent move.

As long as Saviola doesnt want about 100k a week

Edit: I neally had a heart attack when i saw Adebayors photo on the transfer centre, thankfully its only for his new contract.

I don't see Saviola as some sort of saviour either though.

Maybe not a saviour, but im confident that Saviola would score quite a few goals under Keegan. At least he wouldn't be injured as much as Owen...

Guest Howaythetoon

I'm not Owen's biggest fan but he guarantees you goals when he plays. Saviola guarantees nowt other than the name on his shirt and a bit of a star shine as he's untried in this league. We'd be mad to offload Owen regardless of the fee for Saviola and like Gol asked, what kind of message would losing our record signing, captain and main goal getter send out, not to mention what this will also say about the set-up here because as far as I'm aware, KK is desperate to keep him. Unless of course he wants to leave in which we'd have no option but to sell. I say keep him, on our terms though.

I'm not Owen's biggest fan but he guarantees you goals when he plays. Saviola guarantees nowt other than the name on his shirt and a bit of a star shine as he's untried in this league. We'd be mad to offload Owen regardless of the fee for Saviola and like Gol asked, what kind of message would losing our record signing, captain and main goal getter send out, not to mention what this will also say about the set-up here because as far as I'm aware, KK is desperate to keep him. Unless of course he wants to leave in which we'd have no option but to sell. I say keep him, on our terms though.

I agree with most, but i also dont know what's going on behind the scenes. If he's not going to sign a new deal or he is unsure and we get a great offer for him, then i say get rid. But if we are not going to risk him leaving for free then i want him to stay, even if he might get injured very often.

He just cant stop scoring goals, i just wish he could be available a little bit more over a whole season..

Dont know about his contract situation but if it is true that he can walk for free next summer we should sell now or resign.

Keano plans £15million hat-trick

By STEVE BRENNER

ROY KEANE is planning a £15million triple swoop for Anton Ferdinand, Benni McCarthy and Michael Ball.

Sunderland manager Keano is waiting to hear if West Ham defender Ferdinand fancies a move to Wearside after Hammers boss Alan Curbishley accepted an £8m bid.

Former England Under-21 star Ferdinand, 23, is considering his options and will give Sunderland an answer within the next 48 hours. But Keane is hopeful of landing his man.

And the Black Cats chief is also working hard to bring in Blackburn ace McCarthy.

Keane will offer £6m for the South African striker, 30, after having an initial £5m bid rejected on Friday.

He has spoken to both players, while also asking about Manchester City’s £1m-rated Ball, 29 and Manchester United left-back Mikael Silvestre, 31.

If Keane manages to seal the treble swoop it will take his spending since landing promotion two seasons ago to a whopping £70MILLION.

But skipper Dean Whitehead, 26, could be heading out of the Stadium of Light with Fulham, Middlesbrough and Stoke all interested in the midfielder.

FOOTBALL chiefs have confirmed the transfer window will be extended 24 hours until midnight on September 1.

£70million on THAT.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

They might make mid-table this year. Might. 12th maybe.

£70,000,000. :lol:

Well, would still be worth it if they could stay in the Premier League and be a stable club.

£70million on THAT.

Well, would still be worth it if they could stay in the Premier League and be a stable club.

Exactly.

Guest optimistic nit

£70million on THAT.

Exactly.

quite possibly, although the gains of being a PL club cant be much more than 70million over 2 seasons, then there is the wages of these players.