Other clubs' transfers

Dave

Unbelievably. How can someone want to go to Man City. that is just amazing. The same goes with Hughes. How could he sign for them? The club is going to crash sooner rather than later.

can´t give a toss about Kompany anyway.

CB and DM

nothing in Belgian press whatsoever, so this would surprise me, neither on website of Hamburg

after all the fuss they've made about him returning from the Olympics, it would be strange to sell him...

it is on their website.

http://www.hamburg1.de/hh1/sport_article.html?sport/2008/08/21/1267700000

btw, according to Hamburg fans on another forum I post at he had a disastrous season last year with them in terms of form

Guest elpapi

CB and DM

nothing in Belgian press whatsoever, so this would surprise me, neither on website of Hamburg

after all the fuss they've made about him returning from the Olympics, it would be strange to sell him...

it is on their website.

http://www.hamburg1.de/hh1/sport_article.html?sport/2008/08/21/1267700000

btw, according to Hamburg fans on another forum I post at he had a disastrous season last year with them in terms of form

yeah he hasn't had a decent season last year, due injury and form, it seems Hamburg are selling him with a profit now after getting tired of their record transfer... strange that no-one would come in for him, except man city

Hamburg - Kompany to City

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11661_4025119,00.html

Bundesliga side claim defender has signed at Eastlands

Bundesliga club Hamburg have claimed that Manchester City have secured the signing of defender Vincent Kompany.

Belgium centre-back Kompany arrived at HSH Nordbank Arena from Anderlecht in 2006, and has since been regularly linked with a move to England after demonstrating impressive form at domestic and international level.

A number of Premier League clubs, including Arsenal, were believed to be interested in Kompany, however Hamburg have announced that the 22-year-old has agreed to join Mark Hughes' City.

Hamburg sports director Dietmar Beiersdorfer told the club's official website: "We wish Vincent all the best for his sporting future."

Guest elpapi

Seems odd to me to sell Vandervaart and Kompany in the same transfer window, both under their value... They bought him for €10.4m, you don't get bad after one bad season (with injuries)...

I don't understand this one. So they didn't allow him to play the Olympics completely because they couldn't wait to sell him until after the Olympics? Weird.

Seems odd to me to sell Vandervaart and Kompany in the same transfer window, both under their value... They bought him for 10.4m, you don't get bad after one bad season (with injuries)...

I don't understand this one. So they didn't allow him to play the Olympics completely because they couldn't wait to sell him until after the Olympics? Weird.

Van Der Vaart had a clause in his contract not sure about Kompany

Portsmouth boss Harry Redknapp has ruled out moves for a quartet of continental stars.

The Pompey boss has made no secret of his desire to bring new faces to the club, should suitable options be available.

However, he has rubbished the latest round of rumours linking the Fratton Park outfit with a host of possible targets.

"Juan Pablo Sorin arriving is absolute rubbish. I don't even know where he is," Redknapp told The News.

"I'm not interested in Thomas Gravesen. As for Stephen Appiah, he's injured at the moment, that's why he's left Fenerbahce.

"We won't be signing Jordi Lopez, either. He's gone after his trial. We didn't want to keep him."

15.02 Bolton boss Gary Megson has told Sky Sports News he is interested in signing Fulham midfielder Jimmy Bullard, but is yet to make contact with Cottagers boss Roy Hodgson.

Corluka and Onuoha are RB's primarily. Would have a decent defence if they had anyone remotely capable of playing LB.

What about Garrido he's a leftback isn't he?

Aye buts he's shit as is Ball as is Ben Haim when he plays there.

Anyone sense the desperation inHarrys quotes.

Not sure about sensing desperation but, if KK signs another couple of top quality players, he might find he regrets his decision to stay on the South Coast.

Guest kingdawson

Spurs and Man Utd ITKs (I know, I know) saying the Berbatov transfer has gone through.

Which should mean we've got a replacement....

Spurs and Man Utd ITKs (I know, I know) saying the Berbatov transfer has gone through.

Which should mean we've got a replacement....

Spurs are nuts. They want to break into the top 4, so they sell their best players to the top 4.