Other clubs' transfers

Dave

Guest shearer_206

Schalke to sign PSV`s Jefferson Farfan for 10m euros

Bargain.

Very good player. Quite a few big names moving to the Bundesliga this summer (Barzagli & Zaccardo etc)

Where have the two Palermo boys gone in the Bundesliga then? Didnt hear about those transfers!

Schalke to sign PSV`s Jefferson Farfan for 10m euros

Bargain.

Very good player. Quite a few big names moving to the Bundesliga this summer (Barzagli & Zaccardo etc)

Where have the two Palermo boys gone in the Bundesliga then? Didnt hear about those transfers!

VFL Wolfsburg

Mirror, Mail and London Evening Standard all saying Spurs are now after Lassana Diarra for £10m.

Dont think 'Arry would sell in any case.

He has an agreement saying he can talk to big clubs if they come in for him

dont know if that is spurs though?

I can just imagine reading that contract.

Additional Clauses:

Can talk to big clubs. :lol:

It is true though i would guess it just means champions league clubs

Mirror, Mail and London Evening Standard all saying Spurs are now after Lassana Diarra for £10m.

Dont think 'Arry would sell in any case.

He has an agreement saying he can talk to big clubs if they come in for him

dont know if that is spurs though?

I can just imagine reading that contract.

Additional Clauses:

Can talk to big clubs. :lol:

It is true though i would guess it just means champions league clubs

I think the same as you to be honest.

Not exactly transfer news as such, news on Chelsea's search for a new manager as given on SpursOd.  The fella who provided it I accept as 100% genuine, he does know someone high up at Chelsea.

The Chavs news I have is that Roman is getting more and more irritated by the number and frequency of rejections he is getting...... my mate said whatever you have read in the papers about who has turned them down - Ancelotti, SGE, the managers of Roma, Fiorentina, Juve...... you can add another 3 or 4 names to that list where enquiries have been made and rejected out of hand.... Hiddink is one of those....

My mate joked they could end up with Allardyce if this carries on.......

Someone on a Man Utd site was saying Hughes had said no to them, wanting City instead.  Possible I suppose, wouldn't have to move house by going to City.

Not exactly transfer news as such, news on Chelsea's search for a new manager as given on SpursOd.  The fella who provided it I accept as 100% genuine, he does know someone high up at Chelsea.

The Chavs news I have is that Roman is getting more and more irritated by the number and frequency of rejections he is getting...... my mate said whatever you have read in the papers about who has turned them down - Ancelotti, SGE, the managers of Roma, Fiorentina, Juve...... you can add another 3 or 4 names to that list where enquiries have been made and rejected out of hand.... Hiddink is one of those....

My mate joked they could end up with Allardyce if this carries on.......

Someone on a Man Utd site was saying Hughes had said no to them, wanting City instead.  Possible I suppose, wouldn't have to move house by going to City.

Can't understand why Hughes would prefer City over Chelsea.

If he snubbed them for any other club I would just think he didn't want a crazy fucker like Roman as a boss, but City...

Should've lined up someone up before getting rid of Avram Grant tbh. Starting to make them look desperate and managers won't want a job others have been offered before them.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/a/aston_villa/7438363.stm

O'Neill urges fans to be patient

Aston Villa boss Martin O'Neill says the club's supporters will have to be patient as he tries to strengthen his squad this summer.

Villa are yet to do any business in the close season and begin their Intertoto Cup campaign next month.

O'Neill told the club website: "We do not have to sign a player every week. We could end up signing seven in a day.

"We definitely have to rebuild. I don't need reminding of that and we need to strengthen the squad with quality."

Villa have one of the smallest squads in the Premier League and have already seen Olof Mellberg, Luke Moore, Patrik Berger and Thomas Sorensen leave this summer.

O'Neill knows he will have to add to his squad with the Premier League permitting seven substitutes to be named next season.

"We knew there would have to be an overhaul anyway.

"We need an overhaul because, this season, there will be two extra places to fill because there are 18 for every match."

Wish some of our lot would take notice too.

He says that every summer though and then buys a Zat Knight on the last day!

I'll be taking no advice from that strange little man.

We want players NOW!!!

Who then goes on to play a pretty important role for us in an excellent season where we progress five places and finish sixth.

;)

Although to be honest, that's not what I was forecasting at the time.

I do think, though, that if you've got the manager you think you should have, then you've got to trust him to do his job.

It is the first week in June and all over the internet, people are going mental because their club hasn't bought anybody (except for Spurs, and well, they've always been a bit peculiar).

People of the internet - chill the fuck out.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/a/aston_villa/7438363.stm

O'Neill urges fans to be patient

Aston Villa boss Martin O'Neill says the club's supporters will have to be patient as he tries to strengthen his squad this summer.

Villa are yet to do any business in the close season and begin their Intertoto Cup campaign next month.

O'Neill told the club website: "We do not have to sign a player every week. We could end up signing seven in a day.

"We definitely have to rebuild. I don't need reminding of that and we need to strengthen the squad with quality."

Villa have one of the smallest squads in the Premier League and have already seen Olof Mellberg, Luke Moore, Patrik Berger and Thomas Sorensen leave this summer.

O'Neill knows he will have to add to his squad with the Premier League permitting seven substitutes to be named next season.

"We knew there would have to be an overhaul anyway.

"We need an overhaul because, this season, there will be two extra places to fill because there are 18 for every match."

Wish some of our lot would take notice too.

He says that every summer though and then buys a Zat Knight on the last day!

I'll be taking no advice from that strange little man.

We want players NOW!!!

Who then goes on to play a pretty important role for us in an excellent season where we progress five places and finish sixth.

;)

Although to be honest, that's not what I was forecasting at the time.

I do think, though, that if you've got the manager you think you should have, then you've got to trust him to do his job.

It is the first week in June and all over the internet, people are going mental because their club hasn't bought anybody (except for Spurs, and well, they've always been a bit peculiar).

People of the internet - chill the f*** out.

:laugh:

Was only teasing!

However, I bet you won't be so optimistic after MON makes Hoyte his first and last signing on August 31st.

:iamatwat:

http://www.fcbarcelona.com/web/english/noticies/futbol/temporada07-08/06/n080606104518.html

Giovani transferred to Tottenham Hotspur

www.fcbarcelona.cat

FC Barcelona and Tottenham Hotspur FC have come to an agreement for the transfer of Giovani Dos Santos to the English club.

The Mexican will sign for the club managed by Juande Ramos until June 30, 2013 for a fee 6 million euros plus another 5 million depending on the player’s appearances for the London club during his five year’s of contract.

FC Barcelona also maintain 20% of the financial rights to any possible transfer of the player during his first two years of contract and 10% on any transfer from his new club, Tottenham Hotspur FC.

Giovani dos Santos, aged 19, joined Barça in 2002/03 and joined the Infantil A (Under 15) squad, eventually making his first team debut in 2007/08, in which he has played an intermittent part in Frank Rijkaard’s first team.

Guest Anders Rye

Doubt he will succeed in England, but they have gotten him really cheap, but would probably command a high wage, he did at Barca, but they said no and have now sold him.

http://www.fcbarcelona.com/web/english/noticies/futbol/temporada07-08/06/n080606104518.html

www.fcbarcelona.cat

FC Barcelona and Tottenham Hotspur FC have come to an agreement for the transfer of Giovani Dos Santos to the English club.

The Mexican will sign for the club managed by Juande Ramos until June 30, 2013 for a fee 6 million euros plus another 5 million depending on the player’s appearances for the London club during his five year’s of contract.

FC Barcelona also maintain 20% of the financial rights to any possible transfer of the player during his first two years of contract and 10% on any transfer from his new club, Tottenham Hotspur FC.

Giovani dos Santos, aged 19, joined Barça in 2002/03 and joined the Infantil A (Under 15) squad, eventually making his first team debut in 2007/08, in which he has played an intermittent part in Frank Rijkaard’s first team.

sorry to bring this up again but i can se this being something that put Spurs in a better position than us to sign modric.

find it abit strange barca have released him so easily after raving about him over the past few years in their youth set-up.

They tend to do it as soon as they think they can't cut it before anyone else realises so they get a few bob. 

EDIT:  Barca do not sell good players unless they have no choice.

www.fcbarcelona.cat

sorry to bring this up again but i can se this being something that put Spurs in a better position than us to sign modric.

Aye, my understanding was that there was a sell on clause, and if a bid of so much was made within the first few seasons, Spurs have to accept it with Dinamo/Barcelona keeping a larger percentage of the profits.

For example:

Modric, Spurs sign for £16m. Club X bid £20m. Spurs have to accept. Spurs recoup £16m, Dinamo get £4m. Therefore Dinamo get £20m which is more than our £18m bid.

dos Santos,Spurs sign for £6m. Club X bid £10m. Spurs have to accept. Spurs recoup £8m, Barcelona get £2m.