Other clubs' transfers

Dave

No it's not, Downing is painfully overrated.

Got to take into account his England appearances though. I'd imagine he'll go for about £10m.

I think I saw quotes on SSN where Keith Lamb was slating them for moaning like mad over Man U's valuation of Berbatov and now they come in with, in their eyes, a derisory offer for Downing.

Everyone just loves the way Spurs do business.

Guest Heneage

No it's not, Downing is painfully overrated.

May be so, but I'd still put him around the £10m mark, as there aren't that many good left wingers available.

Bayern to offload Podolski

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/04012009/58/bundesliga-bayern-want-9-5m-podolski.html

Aston Villa are in talks with West Ham to sign Matthew Upson for £10m, but the Hammers want £15m for the defender. (News of the World)

I guess Carlos Cuellar hasn`t impressed too much? Whenever he`s played I think it`s rarely been at centre back even

O'Neil is collecting centrebacks at rate not seen since George Graham was in his pomp at Arsenal.

Guest Jawesome
Martin O'Neill has questioned the logic behind big-money transfers which continue to infiltrate football.

Well you paid 12 million for a slow, useless, chimp like winger.  Dafty.

Guest Heneage

His opinion hurts me. Dunno what we'll do without him.

(Although I'm amused he goes onto say Villa thus are a big club  :knuppel2:

Is this the guy who scored the penalty in the UEFA cup?

His opinion hurts me. Dunno what we'll do without him.

(Although I'm amused he goes onto say Villa thus are a big club  :knuppel2:

I thought that was quite funny myself.

I don't think you could get 2 more evenly matched clubs  in terms of "big-ness"

Guest kingdawson

Offer them N'Zogbia and Given for Bentley and bale.

Thanks but no thanks. I'd take n'zogbia and £4m for Bentley if you're interested though?

Looks like downing might be on his way. Anything over £12m and we'll be getting mugged off (again).

Thanks but no thanks. I'd take n'zogbia and £4m for Bentley if you're interested though?

Looks like downing might be on his way. Anything over £12m and we'll be getting mugged off (again).

Well you mugged Man Utd & Liverpool of £50m in the summer so how about spreading the wealth. ;)

Lamb & Gibson will dig in for a fight because of Spurs going public & offering stupid money. I know Levy likes to think he is the man when it comes to deals but he will meet his match in Gibson.

Laursen's injury is rumoured to be worse than expected, hence the interest in Upson

Oh and Lien, 1878, that Serbian twat gave another interview earlier this week saying he was knocking us back too as we might be in the top four now, but we're not a permanent fixture there.

He comes across as a knob.

Guest kingdawson

I actually like Downing.

I do also. Think he's a very good, old fashioned winger who posesses good pace, good dibbling skills and an excellent delivery. Think he'd compliment us very well.

Bentleys fucking cack