Other clubs' transfers

Dave

Guest kingdawson

What would you make of Chimbonda coming back, KD?

I really dont know tbh. I've always liked him as a player but this will just push Gunter further down the pecking order. Gunter has looked solid eveytime he's had his chance so i see no reason why we cant rely on him and corluka for this season but i also see why Redknapp is after Pascal. Getting him in will release some pressure on king being fit every week...

chimbonda----------corluka-----------------woody----------------ekotto/bale

is better then

corluka----------------dawson--------woody---------------ekotto/bale

btw, a poster on GG who is a journalist in Spain, has posted something pretty interesting regarding a possible transfer target for both us and Newcastle. Usually i'd tarnish these lame itk's with the same brush BUT this guy is always spot on and never bullshits. I can post it here if you want?

optimistic nut posted the link to a spanish report re the young almeria centre back earlier today in the Newcastle transfer targets thread

oh ok, well that was the same thing.

Guest kingdawson

I really dont know tbh. I've always liked him as a player but this will just push Gunter further down the pecking order. Gunter has looked solid eveytime he's had his chance so i see no reason why we cant rely on him and corluka for this season but i also see why Redknapp is after Pascal. Getting him in will release some pressure on king being fit every week...

is better then

btw, a poster on GG who is a journalist in Spain, has posted something pretty interesting regarding a possible transfer target for both us and Newcastle. Usually i'd tarnish these lame itk's with the same brush BUT this guy is always spot on and never bullshits. I can post it here if you want?

I really hope Everton go for Bale. Would give us some genuine width, think he'd make a good left winger with some training and a bit of confidence put into him. 'arry seems to hate him. Or has he been injured all this time?

Personally, I wouldn't want Chimbonda. His attitude stinks and is surely the last thing Spurs need when in a relegation battle, along with a myriad of others. Footballing wise, he's decent but nothing to gasp at.

No he hasn't been injured. Arry doesn't seem to rate him much BUT i doubt he'd ever sell him. He gave an interview a while back saying he's an excellent talent that needs to improve on his defending (which is true).

Guest pont-toon

is better then

optimistic nut posted the link to a spanish report re the young almeria centre back earlier today in the Newcastle transfer targets thread

oh ok, well that was the same thing.

no probs mate, cheers for the heads up

mackems.gif mackems.gif mackems.gif mackems.gif

Cannot see any club paing £20mill for him, this will drag on for a month and he will stay at Zenit..

Andrei Arshavin is threatening to buy himself out of his contract at Zenit St Petersburg or go on strike to secure his dream move to England. Arsenal are interested in signing the Russian international but have baulked at the £20m asking price. (Daily Express)

Cannot see any club paing £20mill for him, this will drag on for a month and he will stay at Zenit..

Andrei Arshavin is threatening to buy himself out of his contract at Zenit St Petersburg or go on strike to secure his dream move to England. . (Daily Express)

I thought Barca or Real/La Liga were his dream move

Andrei Arshavin is threatening to buy himself out of his contract at Zenit St Petersburg or go on strike to secure his dream move to England. . (Daily Express)

I thought Barca or Real/La Liga were his dream move

aye, i'm sure it was barcelona he was banging on about last summer

1020: Jermain Defoe's Spurs move moves ever closer, but the Premier League have just reminded everyone that the deal would technically break the rules because he left White Hart Lane less than a year ago and special dispensation will be needed to allow the deal to go through.

Whats the point in the rule then?

Guest LucaAltieri

1020: Jermain Defoe's Spurs move moves ever closer, but the Premier League have just reminded everyone that the deal would technically break the rules because he left White Hart Lane less than a year ago and special dispensation will be needed to allow the deal to go through.

Whats the point in the rule then?

I'd laugh my tits off if they said he couldn't move.

http://www.teamtalk.com/football/story/0,16368,2483_4753746,00.html

Spurs chairman Daniel Levy and Pompey chief executive Peter Storrie have been in talks over the weekend to negotiate a deal in the region of £15million.

England international Defoe, 26, is thought to be scheduled for a medical with the club he left just under a year ago.

"Portsmouth can confirm a fee has been agreed with Tottenham for Jermain Defoe," read a statement from Pompey.

Defoe could be unveiled as a Spurs player as early as Tuesday evening when Burnley visit the Lane in the first leg of their Carling Cup semi-final.

Spurs boss Harry Redknapp bought Defoe for Pompey in the 2008 January window and his return had been suggested since the change of manager two months ago.

Tottenham fans continued to sing his name while Defoe went on a run of eight goals in his first seven Pompey games. He has added nine goals in this campaign.

"I wouldn't have sold him if I was manager at Portsmouth and Tottenham came back in," Redknapp admitted. "I'd be keeping him."

Redknapp has prioritised a striker and a left-sided midfielder in the current window, with Middlesbrough's Stewart Downing also subject of a bid from Spurs.

Ghana midfielder Stephen Appiah is on trial at Spurs this week and could sign until the end of the season.

Some spurs fan raging on about how spurs won't have to pay a dime, since Portsmouth still owe £4m for him, and that he has a sell-on clause which will be on abt £4m and that they still owe money on Kaboul and Mendes.  :idiot2:

http://www.teamtalk.com/football/story/0,16368,2483_4753746,00.html

Spurs chairman Daniel Levy and Pompey chief executive Peter Storrie have been in talks over the weekend to negotiate a deal in the region of £15million.

England international Defoe, 26, is thought to be scheduled for a medical with the club he left just under a year ago.

"Portsmouth can confirm a fee has been agreed with Tottenham for Jermain Defoe," read a statement from Pompey.

Defoe could be unveiled as a Spurs player as early as Tuesday evening when Burnley visit the Lane in the first leg of their Carling Cup semi-final.

Spurs boss Harry Redknapp bought Defoe for Pompey in the 2008 January window and his return had been suggested since the change of manager two months ago.

Tottenham fans continued to sing his name while Defoe went on a run of eight goals in his first seven Pompey games. He has added nine goals in this campaign.

"I wouldn't have sold him if I was manager at Portsmouth and Tottenham came back in," Redknapp admitted. "I'd be keeping him."

Redknapp has prioritised a striker and a left-sided midfielder in the current window, with Middlesbrough's Stewart Downing also subject of a bid from Spurs.

Ghana midfielder Stephen Appiah is on trial at Spurs this week and could sign until the end of the season.

Some spurs fan raging on about how spurs won't have to pay a dime, since Portsmouth still owe £4m for him, and that he has a sell-on clause which will be on abt £4m and that they still owe money on Kaboul and Mendes.  :idiot2:

I'd imagine they've come to some sort of agreement which removes the sell on clause but takes into account cash owed.

Guest LucaAltieri

Landon Donovan has completed his loan switch from Los Angeles Galaxy to Bayern Munich.

They also signed Olic from Hamburg.......guess Podolski is on his way then (wish it was to us.....cheeky loan bid?)

...but Olic is wank?

16.26 Zenit St Petersburg have confirmed to Sky Sports News that talks are taking place with Arsenal regarding a deal for Andrei Arshavin.

I'd rather Arteta, a good player who doesnt whore himself about despite his massive talent!

I always find the whole Arshavin wank-fest a bit odd. Surely if he really was THAT good he would have been spotted about five or six years ago, and not now?

He seems to be living off about two good games in Euro 2008 if I'm honest.

Still would have him here in half a heartbeat, mind.