Other clubs' transfers

Dave

Guest justin99.

Good for football period

^ This...

For once it shows that in Football, perhaps money can't always buy what you want......

...unless he's off to Real for more than the Citeh bid!!  :frantic:

...unless? Hey yeah because Real and Citeh are equally famous and good!

I doubt Real Madrid have anything close to the amount needed to sign kaka.

Rumours that some Man City players told Kaka not to join.

:lol: Aye can imagine Darius not being happy about it

The press are saying it was Robinho and Elano

Hardley the truth tbh, i had no doubt that he'll either  stay in  Milan or move to a better club, he was never  going to join City.

that would seem odd

Not really.  Supposedly Elano and Jo have had a big fall out with Hughes, and Robinho made it pretty obvious at the time that he didn't really want to join City.

I liked the City Chief Exec on TV and radio this morning desperately trying to convince everyone that Kaka couldn't have turned them down because they didn't even speak to him to make him an offer.

Then he pops up on SSN and says that they did speak to his father and personal advisor for over 2 hours.  So if that wasn't to make Kaka an offer I wonder what they were talking about.  Yeah right.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/m/man_city/7839332.stm

Manchester City's executive chairman Garry Cook has accused AC Milan of "bottling" the deal to bring Kaka to the Premier League club.

The £100m deal to take the Brazilian star to Eastlands collapsed on Monday and Cook says the Italian club are to blame for the failed transfer.

"If you want my personal opinion they bottled it," Cook told the BBC.

"He clearly was for sale but we never got to meet with the player, the behaviour of AC Milan got in the way."

Manchester City felt they were close to landing the 26-year-old attacking midfielder after sending a delegation to Milan to negotiate what would have been a world-record transfer.

The Premier League club were also set to pay Kaka wages of £500,000 a week to quit Milan for Manchester.

But Kaka announced his decision to stay at AC Milan on the club's television channel on Monday.

He said: "At the moment I don't want to change anything.

"All the messages that I received said to choose with the heart and I think in the end that has been the decision. It is absolutely not about money."

But Cook says "political" issues led to Milan changing their stance on Kaka's proposed transfer.

"We met with the football club and they made it quite clear that Kaka was for sale and we made it quite clear that we wanted to bring him to Manchester City Football Club," Cook told 5 live Breakfast.

"As we got through to the next stage there were questions that were asked that they then couldn't answer.

"The political pressure they came under and the public space that they were trying to live this negotiation through maybe changed the conditions. And again, like I say, I think they bottled it.

"We never met the player so it was very difficult for him to turn down Manchester City when we didn't even get to make him an offer."

Cook did meet with Kaka's father, who also acts as his advisor, and the City chief says the player was keen on a move to Eastlands.

Cook revealed he spent nearly seven hours talking with Kaka's father about the 'journey' Manchester City are embarking on.

"His dad said he was very interested in the project," said Cook.

"We talked a lot about a humanitarian approach and also environmental issues and the statements his son would like to make around the world.

"He is truly respected around the world not only for his capabilities as a footballer.

"Unfortunately when we talked to Milan yesterday those issues were taking a back seat and the financial demands were coming to the fore.

"It's a shame he won't be able to join us on our journey." Milan fans protested over Kaka's proposed move to England

Cook also defended the way Manchester City had pursued Kaka and justified the huge transfer fee that had shocked the sport.

He also accused Milan of breaking a confidentiality agreement between the two clubs.

"We entered into a confidentiality agreement with Milan many weeks ago," he added.

"We've chosen not to discuss any of the details of the negotiation; it's unfair for people to make claims and statements when they don't understand the intricacies of the deal.

"This was a financial investment which showed return not only for the investor but also for the fans."

that would seem odd

Not really.  Supposedly Elano and Jo have had a big fall out with Hughes, and Robinho made it pretty obvious at the time that he didn't really want to join City.

I liked the City Chief Exec on TV and radio this morning desperately trying to convince everyone that Kaka couldn't have turned them down because they didn't even speak to him to make him an offer.

Then he pops up on SSN and says that they did speak to his father and personal advisor for over 2 hours.  So if that wasn't to make Kaka an offer I wonder what they were talking about.  Yeah right.

i cant really see any reason to advise one of the best players in the world not to join your team?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/m/man_city/7839332.stm

Manchester City's executive chairman Garry Cook has accused AC Milan of "bottling" the deal to bring Kaka to the Premier League club.

"We talked a lot about a humanitarian approach and also environmental issues and the statements his son would like to make around the world.

"He is truly respected around the world not only for his capabilities as a footballer.

"Unfortunately when we talked to Milan yesterday those issues were taking a back seat and the financial demands were coming to the fore.

Righto, AC weren't so interested in Garry and Kaka poncing around the world in a lear jet, raising awareness about carbon emissions, they wanted to talk about the transfer fee.....the Milanese eh? No humanity.......

Guest Alan Shearer 9

mmm the milk's gone bad at citeh

http://superdeluxe.typepad.com/funk_you/images/rick_james.jpg

mmm hmmm

Man City haver really shot themselves in the foot with this Kaka bid, not that they'll mind but prices will rocket anytime they come sniffing, also morale will be fucked at City- they're gonna fall apart eventually, hopefully.

If they carry on going for the world stars then after this bid no ones going to want to sell for anything less than the current world record.

Guest quklaani

The "bottling" quote is priceless.  Reminds me of how Chelsea used to put out these incredibly petty press releases all the time, unfortunately I can't remember an example, but especially during the Obi saga they'd be making official statements which pretty much read "but mummmmmmmm, he started it!".  Can't buy class...

Epic fail on all account from City. Well chuffed tbh.

Aye i know, they've signed Bellamy, Robinho and Bridge (for a combined £60m :iamatwat:)... but just looking back to Hughes' smug face on Saturday. This is gooood.

Probably wouldn't have kept him in a job anyway.

The most important signing City will make this season will be Nigel de Jong. They are crying out for another defensive midfielder, they only have Kompany (used at CB sometimes) and Hamann who is too old and injured at the minute.

Man City haver really shot themselves in the foot with this Kaka bid, not that they'll mind but prices will rocket anytime they come sniffing, also morale will be fucked at City- they're gonna fall apart eventually, hopefully.

If they carry on going for the world stars then after this bid no ones going to want to sell for anything less than the current world record.

I see that Ribery is now worth £120m too. Football's gone mad, and City are to blame :D