Other clubs' transfers

Dave

Phil Brown was on an American radio show a week ago, and someone phoned in and told him that Hull should be in for Jimmy Bullard. I think he said he'd love to get Bullard but they didn't have enough money or something.

Guess that bloke was on to something :lol:

Guest Mucky01

I rate Bullard, but signing a 30 year old for £5m and paying him £60k a week (that he demanded from Fulham) is madness unless your a Champions League club, or Man City.

He’ll probably want a 4 year contract which which with his transfer fee equates to a £17.5m package, for a player too old for any sell-on money back.

I rate Bullard, but signing a 30 year old for £5m and paying him £60k a week (that he demanded from Fulham) is madness unless your a Champions League club, or Man City.

He’ll probably want a 4 year contract which which with his transfer fee equates to a £17.5m package, for a player too old for any sell-on money back.

Fair point.

Heskey about to join Villa for 3.5m

Haha, I'm sure I remember Bruce saying he wouldn't sell Heskey for a penny less than £9m.

Makes sense though, what with Rodagella going to them and also Mido in talks.

Guest Mucky01

good move for your lot as it sounds like Carew’s back isn’t going to hold out much longer.

Guest Sniffer

We should be in for Bullard at that price.

Really Dave? When I suggested Bullard in June 08 as a player we should be after your only comment was he's whiter than Barton. You seem to have changed your tune. It's actually quite funny to look back at the comments on that day by know it alls  like wullie, towelie...who claimed that barton is ten times the player bullard is...jawsome, kaka...the list goes on. Because of course they all knew we were going to sign much better players  mackems.gif

You're right, he could well turn into exactly the kind of player we're trying to get rid of... Duff, Smith, Geremi etc.

Good move for both player and club. Exactly the kind of player to help out Carew and O'Neill knows how to get the best out of him plus he fits in with Villas good teamwork ethic.

We should be in for Bullard at that price.

Really Dave? When I suggested Bullard in June 08 as a player we should be after your only comment was he's whiter than Barton. You seem to have changed your tune. It's actually quite funny to look back at the comments on that day by know it alls  like wullie, towelie...who claimed that barton is ten times the player bullard is...jawsome, kaka...the list goes on. Because of course they all knew we were going to sign much better players  mackems.gif

Opinions change. I know this may seem an alien concept to you but I assure you they do.

Good move for both player and club. Exactly the kind of player to help out Carew and O'Neill knows how to get the best out of him plus he fits in with Villas good teamwork ethic.

Absolutely terrible player. How he's suddenly become rated I don't know (especially when Wigan fans say he's been crap for over a year)

Guest Mucky01

You're right, he could well turn into exactly the kind of player we're trying to get rid of... Duff, Smith, Geremi etc.

I wouldn’t quite compare him to Smith, or Geremi like!

Guest Sniffer

No...you were just going with the flow of the other tits who thought Bullard was shite and  he was not foreign or black enough for us to sign. Didn't look like Patrick Viera so he couldn't be any good

I don't think he's a bad player at all, just pointing out for the fee, wages and age he is it's exactly the kind of deal we need to avoid.

Guest Mucky01

I don't think he's a bad player at all, just pointing out for the fee, wages and age he is it's exactly the kind of deal we need to avoid.

definitely, those sorts of signings have ruined our club.

ManUre, Chelsea and the Smoggies must be pishing themselves all the way to the bank for what we’ve signed over the last 4 years.

No...you were just going with the flow of the other tits who thought Bullard was shite and  he was not foreign or black enough for us to sign. Didn't look like Patrick Viera so he couldn't be any good

At that time I thought we could do better. My regard for the player has increased as our situation has got worse. You were right, I was wrong. No problem. :thup:

Your other point is laughable.

We know you don't like black people, no point banging on about it.

We know you don't like black people, no point banging on about it.

:lol:

I still think Barton is better than Bullard. I think Bullard is slightly overrated.

As a neutral I'd take Bullard over Barton every single time.

He's a better player, his attitude is spot on, and Barton is a fucking mentalist seemingly constantly verging on the edge of prison.

Would you say Barton was better than Bullard if the former wasn't a Newcastle player? No manager with half a brain cell (that explains Tony Adams) would touch Barton right now.

Bullard is a good player, he's just going to struggle to get clubs to pay him what he (seemingly) wants at the moment (as someone outlined above, the costs over 4 years are huge)

I still think Barton is better than Bullard. I think Bullard is slightly overrated.

As a neutral I'd take Bullard over Barton every single time.

He's a better player, his attitude is spot on, and Barton is a fucking mentalist seemingly constantly verging on the edge of prison.

Would you say Barton was better than Bullard if the former wasn't a Newcastle player? No manager with half a brain cell (that explains Tony Adams) would touch Barton right now.

Bullard is a good player, he's just going to struggle to get clubs to pay him what he (seemingly) wants at the moment (as someone outlined above, the costs over 4 years are huge)

I would say Barton at Man City was a better player than Bullard has ever been, the problem being since he's been here he's been played out of position while having a drink problem, towards the end of last season when he sorted himself out he was one of our best players IMO and it was his drive in midfield that made the 4-3-3 formation we played so successful, this season has been harder to judge because of bans and injury but if he can get his form back from his City days then I think he will show himself to be the better player.

Whether he can find that form again is debatable.

Guest kingdawson

Barton (at city) was certainly a better PLAYER than Bullard imo. Attitude and determination are the only 2 things that Bullard has over him (and barton dosen't even lack determination on the pitch).

The problem with Bullard is that if he ever goes on one of those visits to see sick kiddies, he could pull the wrong face and actually make them worse.

We shouldn't take that chance. Not with childrens' lives at risk.